Anyone hear this yet

NHDRVR

1.Starting Jan. 1st they will be cutting all run (feeders) to only be 8hrs.
2.Also they will be merging districts also. (This may allow us to bid into other centers)

I haven't heard about the cutting of hours but in NH we can bid into any center we want in the state. I guess I wrongly assumed this was the case across the country.

galleyslave89

Haven't heard about cutting feeder runs to 8 hrs. in my district. Does this mean the package car drivers are going to have to do more pick ups now. Once again big brown stepping over a dollar to pick up a penny. Instead of trying to cut back on feeder hours get rid of all the dead weight. I see a lot of managers doing our work in the hub. Maybe they should go back to being an hourly and paying union dues.

NHDRVR

Haven't heard about cutting feeder runs to 8 hrs. in my district. Does this mean the package car drivers are going to have to do more pick ups now. Once again big brown stepping over a dollar to pick up a penny. Instead of trying to cut back on feeder hours get rid of all the dead weight. I see a lot of managers doing our work in the hub. Maybe they should go back to being an hourly and paying union dues.

Your avatar is hypnotizing me...

LoloUPSer

The company is begining its quest to "collapse" districts. West LA will "collapse" effective monday October 19th.

Buildings will be combined under 1 division manager. Outlying areas will move to another district (Coast).

Changes are indeed coming, dont think they can make the 8 hour goal in feeder to be a reality. Too many other "bad" decisions being made in the operation that will affect this goal.

We have been running 12 to 13 package hour days all year long, our return to building times are slowing down the unload, sort, and load walls making the feeders pull late..

If this continues, they will never see 8 hour feeder runs.

:peaceful:
Next year we will have one less region and at least 2 more district will collapse.