Anyone NOT watching the Superbowl?

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Watching the game but I'm not much of a sports guy. I'd much rather do what your doing today. Especially if my wife were driving.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I'm not a football fan at all, it means nothing to me. Its a great time to go shopping or out to eat at a nice restaurant, you will just about have the place to yourself. We had to put an uncle in hospice yesterday, so actually we are doing the final goodbye thing today.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'm not a football fan at all, it means nothing to me. Its a great time to go shopping or out to eat at a nice restaurant, you will just about have the place to yourself. We had to put an uncle in hospice yesterday, so actually we are doing the final goodbye thing today.
Sorry to hear that.......

barnyard

KTM rider
We are also going out to eat. Planning on watching a movie when we get home. I have not followed professional sports since I quit drinking.

pretender

Sorry about your uncle...

The best thing about the Superbowl is that spring training is right around the corner.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Sorry about your uncle...

The best thing about the Superbowl is that spring training is right around the corner.

I wasn't trying to derail the thread about my Uncle Billy. He was a WW2 Marine that fought on Iwo Jima. He was a hero to my mother's side of the family before that for dropping out of school to help the family during the Great Depression. He is 92, he fell and hit his head which caused him to stroke out. His two brothers are vets too and in their 90's, "the Greatest Generation" is slowly fading away. I have a lot of respect for them.

I do like baseball, Spring Training does get me excited. Warm weather is on the way, Go Braves!

rod

Retired 22 years
For years my wife has dropped me off at the local watering hole so I could join my buds watching the S/B. When it was over she would pick me up. This year she and another guys wife decided to join us. Damn!!!---- another tradition up in smoke. I hope she isn't too disappointed when I break the news to her that she is still the DD.

She is going on a 4 day sewing retreat with her girl friends next week. I think I'm going to tell her that a bunch of us guys will be joining them.

fethrs

Hi folks long time no see. I'll be home watching the game.
Been away for a while but not from fooball. Since the Chargers are out I gotta say Go Broncs

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hi folks long time no see. I'll be home watching the game.
Been away for a while but not from fooball. Since the Chargers are out I gotta say Go Broncs
I was like, who are you kidding when I saw you name pop up.

I knew you would be watching the game.

Good to see you here again!

fethrs

Sorry to hear about your uncle, be strong.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I wasn't trying to derail the thread about my Uncle Billy. He was a WW2 Marine that fought on Iwo Jima. He was a hero to my mother's side of the family before that for dropping out of school to help the family during the Great Depression. He is 92, he fell and hit his head which caused him to stroke out. His two brothers are vets too and in their 90's, "the Greatest Generation" is slowly fading away. I have a lot of respect for them.

I do like baseball, Spring Training does get me excited. Warm weather is on the way, Go Braves!

Sorry about Uncle Billy, Scratch.

We just came home from visiting my step-dad, Ray, at his nursing home. Another Marine vet that fought on Iwo Jima. He only told me his story once. I believe he was in the seventh wave on the beach, and he told me he was five or six guys below the last one in "the picture."

God bless them all.