Anyone seen these package car cameras yet?

35years

Gravy route

Watch the video above and read the comments (if you view the video on Facebook or youtube). But don't sabotage, break or unplug it!

Other company's drivers have alot of experience with these. Helpful to know where it can and cannot see, what it can sense, what people get fired for because of these.

Last edited:

35years

Gravy route
Records 24 hours a day. Not just critical events. Your manager may not have the access to full footage, but someone does according to the guy in the video.

Last edited:

35years

Gravy route
Now I am wondering why they were taking pictures of all the drivers a couple months ago. I assumed it was so they had us on file if we went on strike and could identify us if we did something aggressive.

Assume the cameras are recording constantly.

35years

Gravy route
"These technologies use data that’s been gathered on fatigue-related behaviors to analyze eye movement, gaze patterns, yawning, head position, and body movements. By monitoring all these factors, the systems can detect signs of decreased attention and drowsiness. If a driver appears fatigued or distracted, the programs can alert the driver with a sound or using vibration. The systems can also notify analysts and fleet managers about incidents of distraction and fatigue"

Sleep study anyone?

542thruNthru

Oh,
If others have it it is ok?
Many of those companies can terminate you at the drop of a hat...So that would be OK for us too?
I understand you're upset but you're misinterpreting what I was saying. He was commenting about me saying "The issue seems to be that the IBT is ok with this." I was agreeing that the IBT seems to already have given in to dashcams by naming the other companies.

35years

Gravy route
I understand you're upset but you're misinterpreting what I was saying. He was commenting about me saying "The issue seems to be that the IBT is ok with this." I was agreeing that the IBT seems to already have given in to dashcams by naming the other companies.
Got it.
I just don't think this should be seen as normal or acceptable.
Since Dennis Taylor had been aware of this and has done nothing....It is a reasonable assumption he is not going to act.

On a separate note...The way these cameras typically work is they constantly record over old footage except an "event" will trigger footage to be saved (10 seconds before the event).

So they constantly record, but certain events are tagged for review. Apparently also records in infrared so dont assume if it is dark it isn't obtaining footage.

Last edited:

tech209

I can see local 952 which I’m in going on strike......it sucks i know but hopeful that our local stands up and gets to the bottom of this .....

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
"These technologies use data that’s been gathered on fatigue-related behaviors to analyze eye movement, gaze patterns, yawning, head position, and body movements. By monitoring all these factors, the systems can detect signs of decreased attention and drowsiness. If a driver appears fatigued or distracted, the programs can alert the driver with a sound or using vibration. The systems can also notify analysts and fleet managers about incidents of distraction and fatigue"

Sleep study anyone?

These things will be going off constantly by the end of peak.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
The camera stays on for 15 min after the ignition is turned off

personally, I don’t care. I’m gonna go for high score every day. I hope the camera gets some cool footage of the slip angles I can get sometimes drifting the truck in the rain on slick sealed surfaces.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
So,
They contend it can't record inside events....
I don't believe them but recording and live streaming are equivalent if they record the stream with a different device in the office...
They would technically not be lying, but no doubt they are actually trying to deceive.

How could it possibly "flag for review" eating, drinking or talking on the phone while driving if it was not recording OR live streaming???

Is this NOT technology that has to be negotiated before being rolled out? And don't give me the cow dung about "have you filed a grievance?"....The union is fully aware of this roll out. The memos are posted on this thread. WHY ISN'T A WORK STOPPAGE BEING CALLED BY THE NATIONAL TEAMSTERS like what happened when they raised the weight limit to 70 without negotiation?
Probably Dennis’s idea

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
I've had a 631 model "pig" for the past two years now...I manually shift it because shifting into 5th gear at 20mph is NOT safe...I've literally had the car shut off on occasion climbing a grade for low voltage.... I drive with left hand on the wheel, right hand on the shifter, left foot pushing an imaginary clutch....time to go....HA

BrownStains

Catch them cheating at solitaire?
I don’t know , whatever they do should be on record . Whatever meetings , discussions, interactions with employees etc . Every supe should have a camera on their desk, same as us . They can take shots at us But They won’t Ever scrutinize their own .