Anyone seen these package car cameras yet?

oldngray

nowhere special
But does cameras in the cab
" results in a signifcant change in the work of any classifcation of employees in the bargaining unit or diminishes the number of workers in any classifcation of em- ployees in the bargaining unit."

The cradle changes our work more than a camera in the cab and it wasn't negotiated.
UPS bends or breaks that rule almost at will.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
But does cameras in the cab
" results in a signifcant change in the work of any classifcation of employees in the bargaining unit or diminishes the number of workers in any classifcation of em- ployees in the bargaining unit."

The cradle changes our work more than a camera in the cab and it wasn't negotiated.

Have you ever worked in front of a camera non-stop? It's definitely a change in working conditions. It should automatically be considered harassment as a starting point. And it doesn't matter if they say it will only record during certain conditions. It's absolutely unacceptable, and people need to stop rolling over and accepting every time companies try to rob us of yet another bit of dignity. Did anyone grieve the cradles?

542thruNthru

Have you ever worked in front of a camera non-stop? It's definitely a change in working conditions. It should automatically be considered harassment as a starting point. And it doesn't matter if they say it will only record during certain conditions. It's absolutely unacceptable, and people need to stop rolling over and accepting every time companies try to rob us of yet another bit of dignity. Did anyone grieve the cradles?
I grieved the cradles for training because they were writing us up for % and we were never properly trained.

takesteady

These type of cameras were installed in the ambulances at my day job. They visibly turn on with a bright blinking light whenever you press the brakes too hard, although I suspect they at least record audio and motion at all times. A LOTTA folks went down because of these things, they aren’t a good technology for workers.

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
our center is getting these right now. in our 30 min training session we were told explicitly that there is no current ability to record video or audio inside the cab. they do have the motion sensor to detect talking on phones/eating/drinking etc.

i think the first day i get one in my truck i'll use every racist cuss word i can think of to test it out, with both hands on the wheel of course.

deeztier

our center is getting these right now. in our 30 min training session we were told explicitly that there is no current ability to record video or audio inside the cab. they do have the motion sensor to detect talking on phones/eating/drinking etc.

i think the first day i get one in my truck i'll use every racist cuss word i can think of to test it out, with both hands on the wheel of course.
pls don't... I don't wanna see your loved ones starting a thread asking if you'll get your job back

Overpaid Union Thug

Should be interesting when we get this. I can’t wait to show up on telematics reports for excess idle time (not idling) between stops in the summer due to not being able to drink water/Gatorade while driving anymore. LMFAO

Poop Head

Judge me.
"Article 6
Section 4. Technological Change
1. Technological change shall be defned as any signifcant change in equipment or materials which results in a signifcant change in the work of any classifcation of employees in the bargaining unit or diminishes the number of workers in any classifcation of em- ployees in the bargaining unit. Such changes could include, but are not limited to, the use of drones or driverless vehicles to transport, deliver or pick-up packages, or platooning.
2. The Employer and the Union agree to establish a National Teamster/UPS Committee for Technological Change, consisting of an equal number of representatives from the Union and UPS. The Committee shall meet upon request, but not less than three (3) times per year, to review any planned technological changes cov- ered by this Section.
3. The Employer will advise the affected Local Unions and the Na- tional Teamster/UPS Committee for Technological Change of any proposed technological changes when the change has entered the feld testing phase or at least six (6) months prior to the implemen- tation of such change except where the change was later deter- mined in which case the Employer shall provide as much notice as possible. In all cases, the Company will provide notice of any tech- nological change covered by this Section before the technology is implemented.
4. The Employer shall be required to provide the National Team- ster/UPS Committee for Technological Change, any relevant infor- mation to the extent available regarding the technological changes.
5. The Employer will meet with the National Teamster/UPS Com- mittee for Technological Change, promptly after notifcation to ne- gotiate regarding the effects of the proposed technological changes.
The Technological Change Committee shall also have the right to raise and attempt to resolve any claim that the Company’s techno- logical change violates any provision of the National Master Agree- ment or the applicable Supplement, Rider or Addendum.
If a technological change creates new work that replaces, enhances or modifes bargaining unit work, bargaining unit employees will perform that new or modifed work. The Employer shall provide bargaining unit employees with training required to utilize the new technology, if necessary.
6. In the event that the National Committee cannot reach agree- ment on the dispute, either party may refer all outstanding disputes to the National Grievance Committee for expedited resolution in accordance with the provisions of Article 8 in order to determine if the Employer has violated the provisions of this Section or if the change will result in a violation of any other provision of the col- lective bargaining agreement.
7. This Section shall supersede any Supplemental, Rider or Adden- dum provision on the same subject."

Even if this wasn't in the contract, this is a mandatory negotiaton subject, according to the NRLA/NRLB for a change in working conditions.
Article 0.0
The Company can do as it pleases.

over9five

Staff member
I don't mind them listening to me sing all night.
But I wonder if I'll get in trouble looking at the pretty girl in the car beside me on the highway, and saying "Wow, nice ti...s!"

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
we were told repeatedly, in front of a shop steward, that they can't hear anything you say (or sing), only that they can see via motion detection that you are using a hand held phone.