Anyone seen these package car cameras yet?

deeztier

I think if anyone heard the things i say when i see an attractive woman, id be involuntarily committed
tenor-1.gif

Porknado

we were told repeatedly, in front of a shop steward, that they can't hear anything you say (or sing), only that they can see via motion detection that you are using a hand held phone.
I’m thinking they’re not being truthful. The hardware and software can live stream inside or outside camera on demand, with full audio. Also, it can be set to ping if you take a drink, eat or remove a hand from the wheel. Look forward to a rash of write ups or firings that cannot be explained any other way than “We observed on camera…”

Someone ran into my trailer in Queens while I was driving in a truck with a Lytx camera. My manager reviewed the video with me later. Every friend word I said was very clearly audible. The camera even informed him that there may have been a collision, as it was in a turn and the other vehicle could be clearly seen striking my trailer out the tractor’s rear window.

johnnyunion

the grandpalooza of all you losers
I’m thinking they’re not being truthful. The hardware and software can live stream inside or outside camera on demand, with full audio. Also, it can be set to ping if you take a drink, eat or remove a hand from the wheel. Look forward to a rash of write ups or firings that cannot be explained any other way than “We observed on camera…”

Someone ran into my trailer in Queens while I was driving in a truck with a Lytx camera. My manager reviewed the video with me later. Every friend word I said was very clearly audible. The camera even informed him that there may have been a collision, as it was in a turn and the other vehicle could be clearly seen striking my trailer out the tractor’s rear window.
You wrote “trailer” , so they have these in feeders too??

rod

Retired 22 years
It's a good thing there weren't cameras in my old truck. Those long old country roads got lonely at times.

Box Ox

our center is getting these right now. in our 30 min training session we were told explicitly that there is no current ability to record video or audio inside the cab.
we were told repeatedly, in front of a shop steward, that they can't hear anything you say (or sing), only that they can see via motion detection that you are using a hand held phone.

You been with UPS for long? Sounds like you haven't been lied to enough yet.

Hot Carl

Or how about a cradle? When's that campaign supposed to take flight?
That battle will be eternal. I took out a brand new truck the Saturday before I went on vacation last week. Not even 4,000 miles on the thing and the cradle was already broken because some runner gunner swing driver slammed the DIAD into it all day and just obliterated the pins at the bottom.

Scuderia

No BS I think drivers can make a legitimate case to ask for alternative work if they claim the thought of someone watching you all the time causes stress and anxiety. It’s a significant change in working conditions.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
No BS I think drivers can make a legitimate case to ask for alternative work if they claim the thought of someone watching you all the time causes stress and anxiety. It’s a significant change in working conditions.

One problem with that. The inside of the Hub is loaded with cameras. I know our automotive department is pretty much fully covered. I hear moat of the hub has some sort of coverage.