Anyone seen these package car cameras yet?

iruhnman630

The inside camera isn't on unless you are involved in a hard braking incident, but the motion detector is always on. So they can monitor where your hands are. Drinking, smoking, phone use, etc. The outside camera is for recording accidents. The vehicle is owned by UPS, so I imagine the Teamsters can't do anything about it. Maybe try to get future contract language regarding discilpine. My old Center starting getting them last week. I'm glad I don't have to worry about it.
Wrong.

They are being used in our center to watch the trainees all day.

Overpaid Union Thug

That battle will be eternal. I took out a brand new truck the Saturday before I went on vacation last week. Not even 4,000 miles on the thing and the cradle was already broken because some runner gunner swing driver slammed the DIAD into it all day and just obliterated the pins at the bottom.
Runner gunners definitely have mental issues.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I thought this was old news.

In an internal memo issued Wednesday, Dennis Taylor, director of the Teamsters’ package division, said it is “investigating the enhancements” as it relates to contract language addressing how UPS’ technology changes affect the labor-management relationship.

“We have been assured by UPS that there is no driver-facing video or audio capability,” Taylor said in the memo. He advised Teamster officials to contact the division if they have any verifiable information to the contrary.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Claim there was a small fire in the truck and take the extinguisher and bash the camera first before pulling the pin

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
our center is getting these right now. in our 30 min training session we were told explicitly that there is no current ability to record video or audio inside the cab. they do have the motion sensor to detect talking on phones/eating/drinking etc.

i think the first day i get one in my truck i'll use every racist cuss word i can think of to test it out, with both hands on the wheel of course.
97 degrees in July....stopping every time I need to take a drink. This should be fun.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
But we all know this company is going to find a way to abuse the cameras

TDU.... hasn't said anything about it for almost 2 years.

They must think it's not a big deal, or they were proven wrong. Again.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
I thought this was old news.

In an internal memo issued Wednesday, Dennis Taylor, director of the Teamsters’ package division, said it is “investigating the enhancements” as it relates to contract language addressing how UPS’ technology changes affect the labor-management relationship.

“We have been assured by UPS that there is no driver-facing video or audio capability,” Taylor said in the memo. He advised Teamster officials to contact the division if they have any verifiable information to the contrary.

Yeah, awhile back they did some tests in OKC right? Just this was the first time I heard of them rolling them out beyond that test.

What'dyabringmetoday???

But does cameras in the cab
" results in a signifcant change in the work of any classifcation of employees in the bargaining unit or diminishes the number of workers in any classifcation of em- ployees in the bargaining unit."

The cradle changes our work more than a camera in the cab and it wasn't negotiated.
That's because the union allows UPS to do whatever UPS wants to do.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, awhile back they did some tests in OKC right? Just this was the first time I heard of them rolling them out beyond that test.
I was reading a comment by an OKC driver recently. His Center has had these for a year and he hasn't heard of a single disciplinary action taken involving them.

Total package

We can rebuild him
Why not put them in the back too so management can watch you piss in Gatorade bottles. Except they’ll have to see how long you have to look for stops with a crappy load and bull:censored2: Orion order

oldngray

nowhere special
I was reading a comment by an OKC driver recently. His Center has had these for a year and he hasn't heard of a single disciplinary action taken involving them.
When they first installed telematics in the trucks it was turned on before they officially admitted doing it. They couldn't use that data for anything involving the drivers since they weren't supposed to be tracking anything yet.