Anyone successfully eliminate bonus in their center?

midwestmess

Getting close to having my 50% + 1 needed to eliminate bonus in our center as contractually required, but would like to know if other centers where this was started was the person responsible for starting it targeted? Tired of the unfairness I work just as hard as the guys making 3 hrs. a day of bonus but because I have a bulked out 1300 commercial route in the worst traffic ever corporate seems to think the route can be done an hour faster that I run it. Have had this route approx. 5 yrs now and even the runner and gunner coverage drivers hate to run it because they can't get any bonus even when they work thru their lunch. Just want to level the playing field for all. Like the route and the people and have had opportunities to bid other routes but really don't mind this one, have 20+ yrs 11 of them driving.

Indecisi0n

If you have 20 years you should understand the game by now. There is no "leveling the playing field". They are running to extra cash. We all know it's only a matter of time before they get hurt or hurt someone else. My question to you is why do you even care what other drivers do? If you want the extra cash so bad then start running.

kingOFchester

Getting close to having my 50% + 1 needed to eliminate bonus in our center as contractually required, but would like to know if other centers where this was started was the person responsible for starting it targeted? Tired of the unfairness I work just as hard as the guys making 3 hrs. a day of bonus but because I have a bulked out 1300 commercial route in the worst traffic ever corporate seems to think the route can be done an hour faster that I run it. Have had this route approx. 5 yrs now and even the runner and gunner coverage drivers hate to run it because they can't get any bonus even when they work thru their lunch. Just want to level the playing field for all. Like the route and the people and have had opportunities to bid other routes but really don't mind this one, have 20+ yrs 11 of them driving.

Why?

If they take away bonus, what changes for you? Seems like nothing except you would be taking money away from the few that still see bonus. Let your brothers enjoy the elusive bonus.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Bonus would never work in my area. The time studies are cooked in their favor. You can run-gun all day and maybe get close to scratch. Our lunch is monitored, skip that, or scan anything and it comes up on a report you will have to answer to. So, it's much better to work at a normal pace and take the over time cash.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
If you have 20 years you should understand the game by now. There is no "leveling the playing field". They are running to extra cash. We all know it's only a matter of time before they get hurt or hurt someone else. My question to you is why do you even care what other drivers do? If you want the extra cash so bad then start running.
What pays more, bonus or OT if you work normal?

oldngray

nowhere special
Bonus can be voted out if enough people agree. I was in a center that didn't have bonus at first. When bonus went in enough people saw how much worse things hot and voted it out. Of course the minority that had time studies that let them make bonus whined about it. Not many of those those because the allowances magically tightened up so little bonus was being made.

The atmosphere of drivers working together to get the job done disappears in a bonus center. It encourages the attitude of everyone for themself and screw the others.

I was also in another center that voted no bonus and it never went in because people saw what happened in a bonus center.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
It seems to be a common misconception that bonus is extra cash. It is not. Bonus is derived from the time that it should take you to do the route and the time that it actually takes to do the route. There is no extra cash.
To the OP, perhaps you should let sleeping dogs lie there. You might find that when they eliminate bonus from your center your actual paid day will decrease. You see, they have to adjust the numbers somehow to cover all the routes so they just might find that magic button that affects everyone. Take your hour over allowed and be happy.

Last edited:

Overpaid Union Thug

Bonus is not in our supplement. But "off the books" the local and company agreed to a simple majority to vote bonus in or out. In my opinion bonus should be banned nationally. It is a cancer to each center that has it and makes some drivers behave like little biaatches.

PT Car Washer

Bonus is not in our supplement. But "off the books" the local and company agreed to a simple majority to vote bonus in or out. In my opinion bonus should be banned nationally. It is a cancer to each center that has it and makes some drivers behave like little biaatches.
If you had a route where you could be back to the building everyday at 16:30 and bonus an hour to an hour and a half everyday (OT) you may feel different.

Overpaid Union Thug

If you had a route where you could be back to the building everyday at 16:30 and bonus an hour to an hour and a half everyday (OT) you may feel different.
Been there done that. We are a bonus center. Or used to be until all those routes like you just described were adjusted and now have 30 more shops (or more), more pickups, and can only be scratched by running and skipping lunch.

My bonus is OT and having a healthier body. I wised up pretty early in my driving career and stopped the running and gunning and my body continues to thank me for it.

El Correcto

god is dead
I'm pretty sure they eliminated my bonus long ago. I don't even know what it looks like on a paycheck don't care or worry about it.