Anyone with time in Central States should vote no !!!

DirtySouth

Have you ever worked on an organizing campaign ?

It never ceases to amaze me.... how easy some people think it is.

Organizing has never been easy.

Organizing after Taft-Hartley made it even harder.

Organizing after RTW passed in Southern states and PATCO got smashed by Reagan made it ever harder still.

But we don't do ourselves any favors when we divert our efforts towards doing things like raiding other unions to 'organize' in the airline industry and pull out of a possible win at FedEx Ground in Brockton, Mass.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Aside from the obvious possibility that this "guarantee" can disappear every time that our collective bargaining agreement is renegotiated, we also need to be leery of the Kline-Miller Multiemployer Pension Reform Act and it's provisions that could allow UPS to challenge their contractual obligations if any cuts do not follow a strict script.

UPS spent an enormous amount of money lobbying in the months and years leading up to the implementation of this legislation, shaping much of the language within, before it was whisked through as a result of being attached to the Omnibus Budget Bill of 2015, in late 2014.

I won't count on having my pension as it's advertised until the ink is dry on my retirement papers and Central States is inevitably deemed completely insolvent.

Make no mistake, UPS is desperately looking for a way out of this guarantee, as they never imagined the huge liability attached after paying the $6 billion plus withdraw liability, a sum they sure figured would stretch Central States out until most of us with skin in the game died off.

~Bbbl~™

I know that we have enough problems to work out with this contract, but just putting it out there for us to expect the 2023-2029 to be the contract that will finally settle the Central States issue. Whether that means the Central finally going into bankruptcy or supplemented by the company who knows, it sure looks like the chess game is in motion.

To many red flags with the Company ending funding into their management retire plan (in 2023) freeing up a ton of money, and the letter of understanding at the end of the tentative agreement stated that they will have to the right to negotiate over these underfunded pension trusts, again 5 years from
now.

How it will affect anybody thinking of retiring now or over this contract is up in the air. It is sure looking like even if you leave your current benefits could be in flux and not written in for life.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
the letter of understanding at the end of the tentative agreement stated that they will have to the right to negotiate over these underfunded pension trusts, again 5 years from now.

What that means is.... negotiating company withdrawal from other failing multi-employer

plans and putting them in the UPS/IBT plan like they did with Central States.

-Bug-

Inthegame

It is sure looking like even if you leave your current benefits could be in flux and not written in for life.
Is that a surprise to anyone? Contracts have term limits and once open their terms are subject to change. Regardless of feelings for this CBA, the fact is the IBT has renegotiated the UPS CBA for quite some time now, with improvements in every successive agreement, including this one.

Of course some expect the union proposals to be adopted in their entirety.

Show me any investment that is "guaranteed" for life.

jagger john

Asking to see a regional supplement that has already been completed is not a petty demand.

The foundation would be that the union is urging a yes vote on an agreement we have not yet seen.

Do not waste our union dues sending out propaganda threatening that we had better vote yes.

The Central States Supplement is complete. Why not post it on the Teamsters Package Division section of the Teamsters website? Why not post it on the UPS rising app?
spoke to my business agent todayimin southen confrence he said they both are teribble vote nooooooooooooooo