AOC Who Earns $175,000.00 A Year Wants Us To Pay Her $17,000 Student Loan Debt

rickyb

R1325_FEA_Cortez1.jpg
I'm what she needs in her six figure life
she did a fake arrest at the protest with the corrupt cops last few days.

BlackFriday

Please remove my account. This forum sucks.
why do we make a bigger fuss about debt write offs for 99% and don't question let alone mention bail outs for wall street which are over $10,000,000,000,000 since 2008???

o yea cuz ur in the matrix

Sorry lonely boy but you aren't a "we" so STFU

Up In Smoke

I've heard of legislation that would allow student debt to be paid for through an increase in the withholding tax. By allowing borrowers to pay over the life of their working careers, it could help them to get started with out the burden of large student loans affecting their credit scores and buying power.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I've heard of legislation that would allow student debt to be paid for through an increase in the withholding tax. By allowing borrowers to pay over the life of their working careers, it could help them to get started with out the burden of large student loans affecting their credit scores and buying power.
what about the interest? Even low interest loans would be double or more of principle on long term loans. Most teenagers don't think about the interest when they signed up for these loans.

I told my children they would have to do what I did. Go to a community or state college, apply for grants and work part time. I took on NO debt and worked my way thru college.

They would have to do the same. I did pledge some financial help for books and some personal expenses.
BTW my college education did not help me much in real life. the jobs/careers I could try for did not pay enough to support a family at that time so I went into truck driving which paid more.

Now , the trades would be the best way to go. Has been for years. Contractors, plumbers, welders, carpenters , et al are all making pretty good bucks and there is a huge demand where I live. Most companies are even training anyone willing to work and learn a trade. The opportunities now are fantastic.

Up In Smoke

what about the interest? Even low interest loans would be double or more of principle on long term loans. Most teenagers don't think about the interest when they signed up for these loans.

I told my children they would have to do what I did. Go to a community or state college, apply for grants and work part time. I took on NO debt and worked my way thru college.

They would have to do the same. I did pledge some financial help for books and some personal expenses.
BTW my college education did not help me much in real life. the jobs/careers I could try for did not pay enough to support a family at that time so I went into truck driving which paid more.

Now , the trades would be the best way to go. Has been for years. Contractors, plumbers, welders, carpenters , et al are all making pretty good bucks and there is a huge demand where I live. Most companies are even training anyone willing to work and learn a trade. The opportunities now are fantastic.
Nearly 1 million student loans fall into default each year (22%). I would think even at a very small interest rate over the course of your working career would be better than collections, poor credit score and higher interest rates across the board. Nearly 40% of all student debt fall into default before satisfaction of the loan. We give tax dollars to multi-billion dollar companies and industries every day without batting an eye. I believe I've read we've given the oil industry north of 4 trillion dollars over the last 20ish years.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

I also told co-workers to put their kids into trade schools.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Nearly 1 million student loans fall into default each year (22%). I would think even at a very small interest rate over the course of your working career would be better than collections, poor credit score and higher interest rates across the board. Nearly 40% of all student debt fall into default before satisfaction of the loan. We give tax dollars to multi-billion dollar companies and industries every day without batting an eye. I believe I've read we've given the oil industry north of 4 trillion dollars over the last 20ish years.
Here's the problem with kids & debt; the kids don't care.
These new generations aren't interested in that old timers stuff.
If they want something, they'll just use their credit card.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

Will they work at a strip club to support themselves?