AOC Who Earns $175,000.00 A Year Wants Us To Pay Her $17,000 Student Loan Debt

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
This makes about much sense as why you should get free money just because you have kids. That's your problem, not mine, just like student loans. Your choice, your consequences. Get yo hand out my pocket!!

Captain Qwark

"I don't deserve these bulbous buttocks."
seinfeld-elaine.gif

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
If taxpayers can pony up 29 trillion to bailout banks, Wall St losses, and foreign governments( see Saudi Arabia, etc) and their banks, then 1.7 trillion is a pittance to relieve students of debt. We should also, at the same time, make Pre-K though 14-16 years of schooling publicly funded. Just like I told my daughter when she was debating getting her masters degree, its an investment in yourself. So is public funding for universal Pre-K through 14-16 grades an investment in our countries self. It take brains not just aircraft carriers to make a nation great.

The USA has spent, on average, approximately 700 billion dollars a year on defense in the last 10 years. That's nearly 7 trillion dollars. Yes, Virginia, we can afford publicly funded college education.

homer-day-dreaming.gif

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
If taxpayers can pony up 29 trillion to bailout banks, Wall St losses, and foreign governments( see Saudi Arabia, etc) and their banks, then 1.7 trillion is a pittance to relieve students of debt. We should also, at the same time, make Pre-K though 14-16 years of schooling publicly funded. Just like I told my daughter when she was debating getting her masters degree, its an investment in yourself. So is public funding for universal Pre-K through 14-16 grades an investment in our countries self. It take brains not just aircraft carriers to make a nation great.

The USA has spent, on average, approximately 700 billion dollars a year on defense in the last 10 years. That's nearly 7 trillion dollars. Yes, Virginia, we can afford publicly funded college education.

View attachment 364644
No, we can’t. Economics major like AOC? 😂😂😂

upsgrunt

View attachment 364644

Are you gonna pay me, and everyone else who was responsible enough to repay their loans, back for what we spent?

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
No, we can’t. Economics major like AOC? 😂😂😂
You would choose ad hominem insults over competence. AOC is right in calling out our countries priority's. It's fair for her to call out what we are not doing. She advocate for those who will inherit what we leave behind and those yet to be born. There shouldn't be a choice between playing the short game or the long game. We always need to do both.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
Are you gonna pay me, and everyone else who was responsible enough to repay their loans, back for what we spent?
Did you not read my post? Is an educated Republic not as important and valuable as weapons that are used to enforce our demands on the rest of the world? It that the nation we want to be known as?
The choice isn't just a practical one, it's a moral one as well.

oldngray

nowhere special
Maybe I should have gone to a much more expensive private college instead of the cheaper state one. If people don't need to worry about paying back loans there is no point in cutting costs. Or working a part time job to help pay for tuition.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

View attachment 364644
There are plenty of people who didn’t attend college because they either couldn’t afford to or they chose not to take on loans. Why should those people have to pay off the loans of those who chose to take on that debt? Or the people who were responsible enough to pay off their loans? Why should they have to pay the loans of irresponsible people who can’t/won’t pay their debts?

And as far as pre-K goes, when you choose to have a child that child is YOUR responsibility, not the responsibility of others. Why should people who have no children by choice have to pay for YOUR child? We all have choices in life, and we are responsible for what happens as a result of OUR choices, not yours. Responsible adults don’t depend on the largess of others because they know no one owes them anything. They make and pay their own way in life.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
If taxpayers can pony up 29 trillion to bailout banks, Wall St losses, and foreign governments( see Saudi Arabia, etc) and their banks, then 1.7 trillion is a pittance to relieve students of debt.
I didn't want to bail out any of them.

Just like I told my daughter when she was debating getting her masters degree, its an investment in yourself.
Does she know she could make more money on Only Fans?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I don't know why I dropped out of $250k Carnegie Mellon. What was I thinking? Time go back and be an architect after all but at you suckers' expense!

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer

View attachment 364644
agree that education should be free but student loans should be paid back. they signed up for it an promised to pay back by signing their name.

what's next? free cars and houses? dismiss all loans?

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
There are plenty of people who didn’t attend college because they either couldn’t afford to or they chose not to take on loans. Why should those people have to pay off the loans of those who chose to take on that debt? Or the people who were responsible enough to pay off their loans? Why should they have to pay the loans of irresponsible people who can’t/won’t pay their debts?

And as far as pre-K goes, when you choose to have a child that child is YOUR responsibility, not the responsibility of others. Why should people who have no children by choice have to pay for YOUR child? We all have choices in life, and we are responsible for what happens as a result of OUR choices, not yours. Responsible adults don’t depend on the largess of others because they know no one owes them anything. They make and pay their own way in life.
There are plenty of people who live under the blanket of freedom who never served a day in our armed forces. There are plenty of people who work, and because of their income of level, never pay any federal taxes that pay for that defense.
We have never been a nation of individuals. We have always been a nation of individuals who work to create be a more perfect union. No society has ever exist where people can enjoy the rights and benefits afforded by the group and at the same time claim no responsibility to that group.
The laws of nature say's that all rights to man are absolute. But, when man works together in communities governed by laws they lose many many of those natural rights as the price for the benefits the community gives them. Mutual protection and the enforcement of contracts, to name a few.
We, as a self governing community, that mutually benefits from cooperation, are our brothers keeper.

Pay close attention to this maxim: We are our brothers keepers.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
agree that education should be free but student loans should be paid back. they signed up for it an promised to pay back by signing their name.

what's next? free cars and houses? dismiss all loans?
The comparisons with cars and homes isn't a fair or accurate one. We already shoulder the expense of K-12. Extending it a few more years should be an easy and logical step. Canceling the debt and reforming our post highschool education system so these for profit certificate as degree mills are closed down for real and productive vocational and degree schools is just part of a necessary transition.
I get people want to scream, " what about me" and I get that. I paid over $60,000 for my daughter. But, I can't live in the past. The future calls us to act for those who are coming next. Let's not lose sight of that obligation.