Apartment deliveries

Gman24

Gman, just curious. What happens when you bang in? Does the cover driver get paid from the building, or when he gets to the satellite meet spot?

Our Local came up with an article in writing that both the UNION and the company agreed upon. It has been posted at our center and a copy was given to myself and the other Satellite driver here.

As far as coverage goes, the coverage driver that takes the route for the day has the option of reporting directly to the Satellite route location as follows. If the coverage driver lives closer to the satellite location, he is to report to the satellite location. If the HOME center is closer to his location, he reports to the home center and starts at thier (the home center) posted start time. The cover driver either is supplied a seperate truck and rides down in that truck on the clock or rides down with the driver who pulls the TP60. It has happened both ways at our center.

Also, The satellite routes MUST be a "BID" route. Of course the driver who bids the route is to report to the Satellite location for the start of his day.

The way I see it, it is a win win situation for some employees. The ones who complain about them, usually have nothing to do with them. At least that's what I'm hearing from my center.

Look at it this way. I have not seen my center manager, since the 1st day these routes were put in. I haven't seen a supervisor but a couple of times since. I have no PCM's to listen to. None of that waste of time paperwork stuff that most of us have to fill out 1 or 2 times a week. I load my own truck everyday, and if I want a lighter day the other satellite driver helps me out if I need it and visa versa.

The only thing I dread is PEAK coming up, we don;t know what's going to happen then.

satellitedriver

Our drivers threw a fit because none of them wanted the extra drive time out to the satellite point.

They do not want the "Drive Time Out"? How about "Driving In" then "Driving Back" then "Driving In" and turning around and "Driving Out" just to get to the point you could have started delivering? I did the drive time out( from my house) for ten years to get my package car (52 miles) leave the center to come back ( 52 miles). I bet the same people would " throw a hissy fit" if they had to commute to work more than 15 minutes. I bet they would "throw another fit", when they had to load there own truck when they got there. If I sound beligerent, you are right. I speak the same way to management. I have not missed a day in 20 years.I do not whine or complained that I am worked "TOO HARD", because I work at UPS not for UPS. I needed a job and UPS gave me one. They never promised me I would enjoy it. Everyone of us holds the keys to the chain that binds us.

satellitedriver

Our Local came up with an article in writing that both the UNION and the company agreed upon. It has been posted at our center and a copy was given to myself and the other Satellite driver here.

As far as coverage goes, the coverage driver that takes the route for the day has the option of reporting directly to the Satellite route location as follows. If the coverage driver lives closer to the satellite location, he is to report to the satellite location. If the HOME center is closer to his location, he reports to the home center and starts at thier (the home center) posted start time. The cover driver either is supplied a seperate truck and rides down in that truck on the clock or rides down with the driver who pulls the TP60. It has happened both ways at our center.

Also, The satellite routes MUST be a "BID" route. Of course the driver who bids the route is to report to the Satellite location for the start of his day.

The way I see it, it is a win win situation for some employees. The ones who complain about them, usually have nothing to do with them. At least that's what I'm hearing from my center.

Look at it this way. I have not seen my center manager, since the 1st day these routes were put in. I haven't seen a supervisor but a couple of times since. I have no PCM's to listen to. None of that waste of time paperwork stuff that most of us have to fill out 1 or 2 times a week. I load my own truck everyday, and if I want a lighter day the other satellite driver helps me out if I need it and visa versa.

The only thing I dread is PEAK coming up, we don;t know what's going to happen then.

Don't dread peak. You can only do what you can do. Just do your best. Carry
a good flashlight, foulweather gear and cell phone. Let all the "whiners" at the center complain to management.

helenofcalifornia

"Everyone holds a key to the chain that binds us" and "I work AT UPS, not FOR UPS." Dude, I think you should start writing out all these cool phrases. I know you got time with all that driving to think them up, now write them down and start passing them out. You sound like Yoda.

dillweed

I'm having trouble with the apartment deliveries and would like to get it straight.
If no one's there home do NI1 and scan info-notice, re-sheet as in make an entire new entry for it? Then pre-record that one. Later at office pull up the pre-recorded one and do left at? And how to bundle them if more than one.

Also, if they are NI1 but I swing by and catch them later must I re-sheet the thing or pull up the old one and edit it?

Thanks! dw

over9five

Staff member
"Everyone holds a key to the chain that binds us"

I don't know about Yoda, Helen... I swear I read that in a fortune cookie.