Appearance

Non sequitur

Boy the 90's were good, but that was long ago.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201028-095043.png
    Screenshot_20201028-095043.png
    277.7 KB · Views: 106

UPSER1987

The days of a standard of professionalism are slowly becoming a thing of the past. 15 years and this will be glorified Amazon. Any standards are replaced by the obession with numbers. Just get the packages delivered and they won't care if you even wear a uniform soon.
15 years? How about now. Fat, sloppy drivers with :censored2:ty beards, hats turned backwards, wrinkled uniforms and out of repair tennis shoes are the norm. And these guys think they are soooo cool. UPS driver appearance are an embarrassment to the company. And with relaxed, sloppy appearance guidelines, you get :censored2:ty service from (non) service providers to boot!

UPSER1987

I’m sure they said the same thing when they introduced shorts into the uniform and when they tossed the ties and police caps back in the 60s. Fashions change. I don’t really see the issue with nicely trimmed and shaped facial hair, or making guys wear long sleeves in the summer because they have a tattoo. I’ve never had a costumer complain about uniform appearance standards, those days are done. They want their stuff. I do get a lot of comments about how filthy our trucks are though. Maybe management should care about the appearance standards of their vehicles.
30 years and never heard a complaint about UPS vehicle appearance...now driver appearance? Lots of complaints. People don’t even take pride in the simplest things on their own, like their own appearance. Nice example to set for the next generation of softies coming aboard.

Last edited:

15 years? How about now. Fat, sloppy drivers with *ty beards, hats turned backwards, wrinkled uniforms and out of repair tennis shoes are the norm. And these guys think they are soooo cool. UPS driver appearance are an embarrassment to the company. And with relaxed, sloppy appearance guidelines, you get *ty service from (non) service providers to boot!
You’re right. Just make ur numbers look decent. And they don’t care. Welcome to fed x ground

over9five

Staff member
I can't even imagine (as a Man) sitting in the stylists chair while someone braids my hair.
This is about THE MOST un-manly thing I can imagine.

clean hairy

I’m sure they said the same thing when they introduced shorts into the uniform and when they tossed the ties and police caps back in the 60s. Fashions change. I don’t really see the issue with nicely trimmed and shaped facial hair, or making guys wear long sleeves in the summer because they have a tattoo. I’ve never had a costumer complain about uniform appearance standards, those days are done. They want their stuff. I do get a lot of comments about how filthy our trucks are though. Maybe management should care about the appearance standards of their vehicles.
N o limit on beard length?
We will have folks who look like ZZ Top!

Seymour Packages

This company used to set the standard. Don't get me wrong, mangement has always been scum, but drivers used to wear the uniform with pride. Now I see guys with fully out of uniform at start time. Management goes along with it until your numbers start to slip or a big wig comes to the building. Other than that, it has become a free for all. Fedex ground with a pension and benefits.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
I don’t have a waiver but I also know how to hide it alongside of I don’t keep it like I’m a homeless person or in the rock band zz top

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Abe Lincoln had a beard. So did Hemingway. Jim Henson. Chuck Norris. Santa Claus. None of these guys were put on trial for looking unprofessional.
But we’re just dumb delivery drivers; and we need to follow orders, be good little monkeys?
I’m puking on my phone. I’m not a slave. My professionalism and dedication is not dictated by the length of my facial hair.
Time to evolve. This isn’t the 50’s anymore