• Verbal warning

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • Written warning

Votes: 45 57.7%
  • Termination

Votes: 13 16.7%

• Total voters

Overpaid Union Thug

The feeder driver was clearly an $#$hole but the other guy also should have moved over to the right lane. The only thing almost as annoying as a tailgater is of those freaks that has his/her cruise control set for exactly or just under the speed limit while riding in the fast lane and won't move over for faster traffic.

The feeder driver should be dealt with because riding that close to someone (especially in a big truck with trailers full of packages) is stupid and dangerous. I am not sure what kind of punishment should be given though. What can be done?

HazMatMan

The feeder driver was clearly an $# but the other guy also should have moved over to the right lane. The only thing almost as annoying as a tailgater is of those freaks that has his/her cruise control set for exactly or just under the speed limit while riding in the fast lane and won't move over for faster traffic.

The feeder driver should be dealt with because riding that close to someone (especially in a big truck with trailers full of packages) is stupid and dangerous. I am not sure what kind of punishment should be given though. What can be done?

I agree with you about the slower traffic, but what about the guy in the video? He was doing 60 in the middle lane. why would the UPS truck need to do more than the limit??? Also I thought the left lane was only supposed to be used for passing and not for driving like it is the autobahn..

rod

Retired 22 years
That reporter was lucky it was a UPS truck otherwise he probably would of been run over. Nobody drives the speed limit in the middle lane - at least not where I'm from:happy2:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Because you didnt listen to the piece.

I 85, when it is 6 lanes, has the left lane closed to trucks. So they use the middle lane as the passing lane.

Now, you have someone that claims they were doing the speed limit. Maybe so, maybe no. But when you are moving slower than the rest of the traffic, you are suposed to move to the right lane, and allow the traffic to move past you on the left. in this case, the UPS truck passes on the right.

But, while I can understand the frustration of the UPS driver he as not using his professionalism as taught and trained.

But you can never know for sure. Might have been he had mexican for breakfast, and it didnt care where he was at, it was comming out.:biting:?

d

HazMatMan

Because you didnt listen to the piece.

I 85, when it is 6 lanes, has the left lane closed to trucks. So they use the middle lane as the passing lane.

Now, you have someone that claims they were doing the speed limit. Maybe so, maybe no. But when you are moving slower than the rest of the traffic, you are suposed to move to the right lane, and allow the traffic to move past you on the left. in this case, the UPS truck passes on the right.

But, while I can understand the frustration of the UPS driver he as not using his professionalism as taught and trained.

But you can never know for sure. Might have been he had mexican for breakfast, and it didnt care where he was at, it was comming out.:biting:?

d
I am extremely surprised at his unprofessionalism also. Never seen a UPS trucker driving like that. Hey, maybe it was a sup.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
It can happen to the best. During the last "work disagreement" in which we took a few days away from delivery, our district's safety chief was killed in a one vehicle accident while driving a big rig. And as they say, the reasons are known only to him and God.

d

satellitedriver

The feeder driver was clearly an $# but the other guy also should have moved over to the right lane. The only thing almost as annoying as a tailgater is of those freaks that has his/her cruise control set for exactly or just under the speed limit while riding in the fast lane and won't move over for faster traffic.

The point was the driver of the car was doing the MAX speed limit, in the fast lane.
As far as I know, there aren't different speed limits for lanes.
I fear what is going on behind me on the road, much more than what is in front of me.

outamyway

It would be a lot smarter to go roughly the same speed as the traffic around you than to be the only one going slower than everyone else. But if that's the case get the hell over to the right.

I wouldn't want to be him. Lucky it's only local news though, if that report was done on a major news network the driver could easily be made an example of.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Dear sat

The driver was not in the fast lane, he was in the middle, going slower than the rest of the traffic, not just the UPS truck. the correct place for the car would have been in the far right lane, except to pass. So the car was actually breaking the law as well, something the feeder driver was well aware of.

But that does not excuse his poor behaviour.

d

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
Dear sat

The driver was not in the fast lane, he was in the middle, going slower than the rest of the traffic, not just the UPS truck. the correct place for the car would have been in the far right lane, except to pass. So the car was actually breaking the law as well, something the feeder driver was well aware of.

d

But didn't the driver of the Van say he was going the speed limit?

I too understand the fustration of the Feeder driver, but NEVER should he have done this! I'm sure the Feeder driver does not like anybody tailgating him, but I was taught to stay away from billboards and have 3-5 seconds below 30 MPH and 6-8 seconds above 30 MPH following distance.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
But didn't the driver of the Van say he was going the speed limit
Yeppers he sure did, and even showed the speedometer doing 60.

But

1 How are we to know when the shots of the speedometer were taken and were not inserted just for the story. It would not be the first time that has happened just to make a story.

And that brings me to

#2. The law does not state that if you are going to do the speed limit, you can stay in the passing lanes. it states that unless you are passing someone, you need to move back into the right lane. Or in the case of the van, he also could have moved into the far left lane. But to block the center lane which is the only lane the truck has to pass is very inconsiderate, and against the law. A ticketable offence, but rarely done.

d

pkgdriver

Written warning for BOTH drivers. Kinda scary.Let it be late.

Was amazed the feeder driver didnt give a little 1 finger salute as him/her drove by.

rod

Retired 22 years
Must of been a slow news day and this idiot reporter had a half hour to come up with a story to fill some time slot. BREAKING NEWS-TRAFFIC DON"T DRIVE THE SPEED LIMIT ON THE FREEWAY- STORY AT 11:00:soapbox:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Let me throw another bolt into the questions.

What happens 3-6 months down the road and this chucklehead

1 rear ends another car while following too close
2 sideswipes another car while changing lanes

what does that do to the polling data?

d

rod

Retired 22 years
I know if I had a semi-truck crawling up my tailpipe I would move over to slow lane. This reporter does everything but stick his arm out the window and flip off the UPS truck.

satellitedriver

Dear sat

d
Dear Dan,
It was a news reporter going the speed limit doing a report on the danger of speeders and tail gaiter's on the highway.
The car was obeying the speed limit, which is the law of the road, no matter which lane the car is in.
Going slower than the traffic that is breaking the speed limit is not breaking the law, but it is breaking the common sense law of personal safety.
The feeder driver should have been aware that he was putting himself and all around him in jeopardy, with the way he was driving.
The rule of going with the flow of traffic, even if it is above the posted speed limit, is correct for safety,but, is no justification for tail gaiting and belligerent driving by a UPS driver.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Sat

I have no issue with your post as a whole, except that you do not recognize the law when you see it.

The law states (notice it says nothing about speed limits) that you are to stay in the right lane except to pass. Then and only then are you to venture into the other lanes.

All driving manuals state the same thing. So even a new driver knows where he is suposed to be unless passing.

In this case, they were looking for a story, and unfortunatly, the UPS driver played right into their hands.

I have seen too many drivers trying to impose thier "green" outlook on life by driving 50-55 in a 65, and blocking all those that would try and get around.

Those people are 1, breaking the law, 2 creating a situation where accidents will happen. And that is my point with these two knuckleheads.

They made a story, and got Gomer to play the part, and he did not disapoint.

d

705red

Browncafe Steward
Well it was in carolina, so it was probably van or danny our fearless apwa leaders running late for an important apwa union meeting!