APWA is controlled by a Union-busting Lawyer

moreluck

golden ticket member
I think the sun must be frying your brain out there in Gilbert. I heard that UPS was looking for a "town" not a city in Arizona....... They have a spy site under construction at this moment...on the corner of Warner and Power. Watch your back!

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Oooh, lots of personal attacks going on, heck even threatened physical, but Cheryl is strangely absent. Keeps my suspicions about the origin of this forum alive anyway.
submarine, I only posted in this thread because someone reported a post where you were distributing false information about who owns this website. It is unrealistic for you to expect me to read every post in all of the threads that you post in... If your post hadn't of been reported I may have never looked at this thread at all.

We have moderators and other members that try to keep the community clean but I personally only read a small percentage of the posts. Believe it or not I have other forums and websites to admin and a real life that I occassionally have to pay attention to...

If you see a post that is inappropriate for our forum then please use the report icon and report the post. I will read the post that you report and then respond to you with a private message :)

brazenbrown

Oooh, lots of personal attacks going on, heck even threatened physical, but Cheryl is strangely absent. Keeps my suspicions about the origin of this forum alive anyway.

Looks like you got out of the boat soldier.

"Lose" is spelled with one 'o' by the way, "loose" is the opposite of "tight". Not bitching about typos, but that seems to be a common spelling mistake.

Interesting school teacher advice in the midst of your crisis. I believe any122 was using loose to go with the Moose on his or her avatar. Correct me if I'm wrong any122. :lol:

Yes if by some odds defying way the Teamsters were voted out you can say goodbye to your jobs. APWA has no power, no history, and no backing. Striking is now not an option. So the company could easily neutralize the APWA and implement provisions they wanted to do in 1997.

Just another scare tactic for justifying a union on its way out!!:cool:
Or in your own words just

Another
Pathetic
Wasted
Attempt
in trying to manipulate the masses...:lol:

What the company wants is to change the basic structure of your jobs to that of Fedex: where you load in the morning, drive or drive then unload. They do that by eliminating any new regular full time driver positions (hey, anyone think this could be Cover Drivers?).

Sounds good to me...As a driver I could only dream of loading my car in perfect stop for stop order everyday. Imagine the time I'd save with zero misroutes... Also if I'm on the clock loading that means I'd have less time on road which to me means we'd need more drivers and less preloaders... But maybe I'm missing something.:cool:

Now the separations start, either by discipline, early buyout, or simply working you to death til you quit. Think they can't easily go the discipline route? You have no more 3 tiered grievance process as you did under the Teamsters, if you have one at all (no mention of the grievance process on the APWA site).
So what are you going to do? You're a driver who may have his degree but might not. No other company is offering the pay and benefits you had so you either try to get into Fedex before everyone else beats you or maybe UPS 'allows' you to re-apply for your job again at the new pay and benefit rate, and of course new work rules. Congratulations!

More paranoia and teamster hogwash. If we do our jobs we don't have to be afraid of keeping them.

satellitedriver

"Lose" is spelled with one 'o' by the way, "loose" is the opposite of "tight". Not bitching about typos, but that seems to be a common spelling mistake.

Yes if by some odds defying way the Teamsters were voted out you can say goodbye to your jobs. APWA has no power, no history, and no backing. Striking is now not an option. So the company could easily neutralize the APWA and implement provisions they wanted to do in 1997.

What the company wants is to change the basic structure of your jobs to that of Fedex: where you load in the morning, drive or drive then unload. They do that by eliminating any new regular full time driver positions (hey, anyone think this could be Cover Drivers?). Now the separations start, either by discipline, early buyout, or simply working you to death til you quit. Think they can't easily go the discipline route? You have no more 3 tiered grievance process as you did under the Teamsters, if you have one at all (no mention of the grievance process on the APWA site).
So what are you going to do? You're a driver who may have his degree but might not. No other company is offering the pay and benefits you had so you either try to get into Fedex before everyone else beats you or maybe UPS 'allows' you to re-apply for your job again at the new pay and benefit rate, and of course new work rules. Congratulations!

"At will employment" is the same thing as what Right to Work (for less) states have. You basically work at the will of the employer and they can fire you anytime for no reason, for good reason, but not for a bad reason if you are willing to sue. So pretty much you are screwed.
No personal attack on you from my part. You are taking care of yourself just fine without my help.
Thanks for giving me your definition of "at will employment". Right to work states then give an employee the option to belong or not belong to a group that does not employ them. How can any state law overide the constitutional right of an individual to free association.
Yeah, I do work at the will of the employer and 90% of Americans do also.
I am proud to work in a right to work state.
TEXAS
To be forced into a group, just to do a job I applied for and given, does not sit well with me. If I can not or will not meet the expectations of my employer, then the options are quit or be fired.
"They",as you like to refer to "them", can fire me at their will if they so choose. Since I perform my job to the best of my abilities every day to the standards set by my employer, I have little fear of getting fired.
If I do get fired, I will only have myself to blame.

submarine

Banned
submarine, I only posted in this thread because someone reported a post where you were distributing false information about who owns this website. It is unrealistic for you to expect me to read every post in all of the threads that you post in... If your post hadn't of been reported I may have never looked at this thread at all.

We have moderators and other members that try to keep the community clean but I personally only read a small percentage of the posts. Believe it or not I have other forums and websites to admin and a real life that I occassionally have to pay attention to...

If you see a post that is inappropriate for our forum then please use the report icon and report the post. I will read the post that you report and then respond to you with a private message :)

I will never use that Icon because I could care less what people post about me and don't cry to moderators or administrators. I only have 25 posts so YES it is very realistic to expect you to read every post I have made, especially in this thread, if you want to accuse me of making personal attacks (which I have not), violating the TOU (still waiting), and posting false information. What I did was QUESTION the ownership of this site and post what sources I used to come to my suspicions. Your Contact information is not readily available to new or casual users of this forum, and that is not my fault. You answered my questions and the issue of what individual owns the website is over with as far as I'm concerned. What your background and where your funding comes from remains to be seen but I don't expect you to post this.

submarine

Banned
Well you are obviously anti-union Sam so that pretty much answers anyone who wonders why you support the APWA.
Proves my point about the union-busters behind it.
If I had my way, the central states would get what they are asking for. I'd just be sorry for all my union brothers that would get caught up in the crossfire.

Brazenbrown, so that sounds good to you? You do understand that would be the same work but most likely at 30% less pay than you make now? How would you like a two-tiered rate, preloader pay when you load and a slightly higher premium when you drive? Man just shoot yourself in the foot: same result, same pain, but shorter duration!

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
I have never heard the term " at will employment". Please do explain that to me.

My understanding of an "at will employee" is they can be terminated at any time, no cause required. Come in a minute late? If the boss feels like, its see ya! I could be wrong but I think this is very common in the right to work states (such as the Great State of Texas). -Rocky

Bill

we phycisally work harder than a ups ba, but the hours those bas put in are insane. They take a huge pay cut to represent the members, so they do it for the love of the union not for the money. Most ups bas go under the nmfa for their medical which is alot worse than the bcbs or aetna medicalthey received as ups employees. They should be intitled to either the use of a car or to write if their expenses for their car, why not?
Why don't you go to The Center for Union Facts and see the huge salaries and benefits your BA and Teamsters fat cats are making. Huge pay cut? I doubt it. Love for the union, not for the money. give me a break!!

submarine

Banned
Yeah but I read about a case, oh I want to say it was 4 or 5 years ago, where the Arizona Dept. of Labor held that employers could fire their employees for good reason or no reason, but not for a bad reason. I'll have to see if I can dig up the details as it was fairly interesting.

Now there was one interesting case I read about when I was down filing an NLRB charge that involved Mortorla. It said that the company was forced to reinstate two employees it fired because they did not allow the employees to have another employee sit in with them while management was disciplining them. Even though Motorola was non-union and this occurred in a Right to Work (for less) state, the courts held that representation, and progressive discipline, was "ingrained" in the American workplace. This was back in 2000 or 2001 so I have no idea if it has changed or not.

If it hasn't, I have mixed feelings about that ruling. On one hand it's nice to see the courts recognizing Weingarten rights and progressive discipline, but I think this could give non-union workplace employees a false sense of security. Really your only recourse would be to sue after the fact.
There isn't any substitute for having good progressive discipline language and a contract specifying representation.

submarine

Banned
Why don't you go to The Center for Union Facts and see the huge salaries and benefits your BA and Teamsters fat cats are making. Huge pay cut? I doubt it. Love for the union, not for the money. give me a break!!

That is an anti-Union propaganda site.
One of our driver-Stewards had to step up and become a Business Agent for six months a few years back. They only paid him a salary based at 40 hours per week @ driver rate. This was more than what the other BA's made.

Our Teamster execs don't make anywhere close to what CEO's make, and it's appropriate that they are paid well considering the contracts they win for us. Unlike CEO's, they don't have golden parachutes and we elect them democratically.

Bill

Well you are obviously anti-union Sam so that pretty much answers anyone who wonders why you support the APWA.
Proves my point about the union-busters behind it.
If I had my way, the central states would get what they are asking for. I'd just be sorry for all my union brothers that would get caught up in the crossfire.

Brazenbrown, so that sounds good to you? You do understand that would be the same work but most likely at 30% less pay than you make now? How would you like a two-tiered rate, preloader pay when you load and a slightly higher premium when you drive? Man just shoot yourself in the foot: same result, same pain, but shorter duration!
He is not anti-union. He and others don't appreciate how the Teamsters are screwing us over. That is why the APWA came about. If the Teamsters did their jobs, and worked for the hard working employees of UPS, not the other way around, the APWA would not exist today.

Bill

My understanding of an "at will employee" is they can be terminated at any time, no cause required. Come in a minute late? If the boss feels like, its see ya! I could be wrong but I think this is very common in the right to work states (such as the Great State of Texas). -Rocky
If you do your job, UPS management will not terminate you. If you get fired for any reason, do you really think the Teamsters will get their job back? If UPS wants an employee out, they are out regardless of a union or not. I have been to a panel hearing, and plenty of deals are made between management and the Teamsters. It is not always fair what they decide, as they trade one favored employee for an expendable one.

submarine

Banned
He is not anti-union. He and others don't appreciate how the Teamsters are screwing us over. That is why the APWA came about. If the Teamsters did their jobs, and worked for the hard working employees of UPS, not the other way around, the APWA would not exist today.

What he posted pretty much sums up a bottom feeder, someone who will work at a Union workplace and not join the Union. (bottom feeder, scab, and scab rats are protected speech per the NLRB and I will use those terms freely)
IF the APWA were to 'take over', Sam wouldn't join anyways with the attitude he is conveying.

The APWA would be better served becoming a voice of dissent much like TDU. The Teamsters are a democratic organization and dissent is always healthy.

submarine

Banned
I think the sun must be frying your brain out there in Gilbert. I heard that UPS was looking for a "town" not a city in Arizona....... They have a spy site under construction at this moment...on the corner of Warner and Power. Watch your back!

That is nowhere near where I live and at the corner of Warner and Power there isn't anything but some cotton fields they are leveling for houses and a Circle K.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
submarine, you're a persistant little bugger...

Okay, let's take your concerns 1 at a time:

I will never use that Icon because I could care less what people post about me and don't cry to moderators or administrators.
If this really true then I'd appreciate it if you'd stop trying to attract my attention:
Oooh personal attacks! Boy that hurt! That ought to get you a little warning from Cheryl.... or not.
Oooh, lots of personal attacks going on, heck even threatened physical, but Cheryl is strangely absent.
Okay, for this next one I'm going to have to disappoint you:
I only have 25 posts so YES it is very realistic to expect you to read every post I have made, especially in this thread, if you want to accuse me of making personal attacks (which I have not), violating the TOU (still waiting), and posting false information.
While you obviously find your own posts to be worthy of careful review I haven't read all of them, sorry. The few that I did read were full of false information:
Brown Cafe could be management created for there is really no info on here as to who is behind it and the domain name is registered out of Atlanta
false
And what I stated was that the DOMAIN name for Browncafe is registered as being owned by a company in Atlanta Georgia. This is public information anyone can research at Web Hosting, web site design and domains from Network Solutions (click on WhoIs). Map the IP and it comes out to downtown Atlanta. Map UPS Corporate HQ (55 Glenlake parkway) and do a directions search, bingo 16 miles from UPS corporate HQ, almost a direct route up highway 400. Coincidence? I think not.
false again
Speaking of domain names, if you look up APWA, it's located in Bethesda MD, quite a hike from North Carolina but rather close for the not-so-honorable Francis T. Coleman. The listed owner, Warren Weitzman, turns up a not so flattering resume of being a spammer. Quite interesting.
more false/misleading information...

I looked up the APWA.com domain info after you posted this and the apwa site that you are using as the basis for your accusations has no apparent relationship with the apwa union, it's an inactive domain with ads on it. The apwa union site is parcelworkers and they registered that site with the registrar that uses a proxy, so the owner of that site is hidden. I don't have an opinion about the APWA but my website was just a target of your false accusations so I thought I should clear up this additional false information about the APWA website.

And now more about your recent interest in annoying me:
You answered my questions and the issue of what individual owns the website is over with as far as I'm concerned. What your background and where your funding comes from remains to be seen but I don't expect you to post this.
My background has been posted here many times, you are a self proclaimed internet researcher so I'm sure you can find it. You should be warned that it's actually really mundane and not the controversy that you are hoping for, you will be disappointed yet again.

As far as funding goes you claim to have a website so you must know it doesn't cost much money to run a basic website anymore. It's cute that you implied that a website like this needs some kind of mysterious funding :)

This has all got to be boring for anyone else reading it and is definitely off topic. If you have any further questions about this website please start a new thread and quit derailing this one. People come here to read about the title topic and don't want to read about me...

1eyejack

I could have put on my working boots in here today all the bs that submarine is talking.... Please everyone knows that the part time sup is not passing out cards they have no time to ... I would say that submarine likes telling stories he should get in contact with spielberg for a book deal... when the apwa takes office lets make sure the hard core teamster people contact the apwa and we will try to come up with a figure of how much money that the teamster put in for U and we will gladly transfer ur retirement plan back to them and they can watch over ur pension and ur great health insurance ok ..

submarine

Banned
ROTFLMAO at Cheryl!!!
IT's MY thread! Ok If I derail it?
Did you even bother to see if I started it or not?
You really suck as an administrator. Oops, personal attack. Sorry.
Better stick with the accepted method: You should be hung by the nearest tree for sucking as an administrator. Anyone have any rope?
<whew! Got to conform to the norms of this forum better>

So really you didn't answer the question of who is behind the APWA did you? If it's website is hidden behind a proxy company, it could easily be UPS or another union-busting organization. In fact, I doubt two good ole' boys from Nawth Caroliiiinaa could come up with such a fun way to hide their true origins. The plot thickens!

I don't know if you are running any ads on this forum or not since I block all ads, but if you aren't I doubt you are coughing up the funding yourself. Sure a simple website doesn't cost much to run but depending on how much traffic your little forum here gets it can run upwards of a couple of hundred a month: a princely sum for an entertaining diversion. I spend far less than that but my .com is for my own amusement.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
ROTFLMAO at Cheryl!!!
IT's MY thread! Ok If I derail it?
Did you even bother to see if I started it or not?
You really suck as an administrator. Oops, personal attack. Sorry.
Better stick with the accepted method: You should be hung by the nearest tree for sucking as an administrator. Anyone have any rope?
<whew! Got to conform to the norms of this forum better>

So really you didn't answer the question of who is behind the APWA did you? If it's website is hidden behind a proxy company, it could easily be UPS or another union-busting organization. In fact, I doubt two good ole' boys from Nawth Caroliiiinaa could come up with such a fun way to hide their true origins. The plot thickens!

I don't know if you are running any ads on this forum or not since I block all ads, but if you aren't I doubt you are coughing up the funding yourself. Sure a simple website doesn't cost much to run but depending on how much traffic your little forum here gets it can run upwards of a couple of hundred a month: a princely sum for an entertaining diversion. I spend far less than that but my .com is for my own amusement.
I'm not going to dignify your words with a response.

I trust the members of our community will draw their own conclusions after reading your post.

brazenbrown

Cheryl,

I've never addressed you before but I would not pay any attention to this troll. In fact if it was my site and I had the power you do I'd delete the SOB!!:wink:

As a new member myself I find this forum to be a great place for everyone to express themselves outside of work and God knows we all have a lot of pressure there.

Sub is just a frustrated individual that for some reason wants to take out his frustration on you. Maybe he thinks you're his old center manager who didn't handle him with kid gloves like his mommy use to. He also mentioned that he just got a divorce and maybe that has caused him to act out too.

Whatever his excuse his lashing out at you is not tolerable in my opinion. We all have our own problems he just lacks the desire to be civil.

Usually people get upset with each other on this forum causing some interesting and sometimes volatile debates.

For what it's worth I'm glad to be able to come here and read the information about different things happening at UPS across the country.

Before this site you didn't have any place like it.

Thanks,

Brazen