APWA - Is it a real alternative or a foolish choice?

What is your opinion about the Association of Parcel Workers of America?

• I'm a member, it's about time someone challenged the Teamsters

Votes: 45 28.5%
  • Sounds like a good idea, but I'm just not sure

Votes: 55 34.8%
  • We need solidarity, let's stick with the Teamster's

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • It's an effort to bust the union, no way I'll even consider it

Votes: 38 24.1%

• Total voters

Cole

I'll make a deal, if the Teamsters, get our pension straight by sundown Wednesday of next week, we'll reconsider;)

705red

Browncafe Steward
I'll make a deal, if the Teamsters, get our pension straight by sundown Wednesday of next week, we'll reconsider;)
Cole exactly how is the apwa going to straighten out the cs pension plan? Ive haerd alot of talk but seen no laid out plans. Just wondering if you know something i/we dont?

sawdusttv

Cole exactly how is the apwa going to straighten out the cs pension plan? Ive heard alot of talk but seen no laid out plans. Just wondering if you know something i/we dont?

Hello again 705,

Lets take a look. In the CS plan, which by the way, is the biggest plan in the country, and is only 47.2% funded. We, the UPS employee only get .40 cent for every dollar the UPS puts in the fund( and CS wants an additional 25 million dollars per year dumped into the the fund by UPS or they are going to turn us over to the government fund come 2008). The rest goes to retirees of different companies.

When the APWA becomes or CBA all funds contributed on UPS employees behave into CS fund will be transfered to the APWAs fund ( per the supreme court rules it the New England states fund law suit). Keeping in mind that the CS fund is only 47.2% funded. We will only get the portion that has not be squandered,( which includeds our current retirees funds). At that point when the funds are safely in the APWA fund, we will go from getting 40 cent on the dollar to getting dollar for dollar plus interest. It want take long at that rate to build our funds back to what they should be and better.

Last edited:

mittam

and once they turn over the fund everything we went out on strike in '97 was a failure, they led us out blindly only to take it away one decade later, that's a big ol thanks a lot

J

JonFrum

. . .In the CS plan, which by the way, is the biggest plan in the country, and is only 47.2% funded. We, the UPS employee only get .40 cent for every dollar the UPS puts in the fund( and CS wants an additional 25 million dollars per year dumped into the the fund by UPS or they are going to turn us over to the government fund come 2008). The rest goes to retirees of different companies.

When the APWA becomes or CBA all funds contributed on UPS employees behave into CS fund will be transfered to the APWAs fund ( per the supreme court rules it the New England states fund law suit). Keeping in mind that the CS fund is only 47.2% funded. We will only get the portion that has not be squandered,( which includeds our current retirees funds). At that point when the funds are safely in the APWA fund, we will go from getting 40 cent on the dollar to getting dollar for dollar plus interest. It want take long at that rate to build our funds back to what they should be and better.

Sawdust, after all this time, it's shocking that you can still cram so many falsehoods into so few sentences. I count at least six total falsehoods, maybe more, depending on how strict the judging. But no, I'm not going to bother refuting them. I've done that in other threads. Now I only want to point out that since the top APWA Officials refuse to announce their positions, self-appointed posters are posting their own private opinions and suggesting that they are the official positions of the APWA.

Here's the problem. APWA suporters are going around asking UPSers to sign cards. These cards are official, legal documents. If it turns out that the online postings, flyers, and in-person parking lot solicitations are filled with false information and false promises, then the validity of the signed cards are in question. I'm not talking about the usual streaching of the truth that unfortunately happens in all campaigns, but full-blown falsehoods that have been clearly refuted and are known to be false by any reasonably well-informed person, including, presumably, the top APWA Officials themselves.

The next time APWA supporters meet with that team of outstanding lawyers of theirs, they should ask for a full explanation of the legal concept: "Fraud in the Inducement."

705red

Browncafe Steward
Hello again 705,

Lets take a look. In the CS plan, which by the way, is the biggest plan in the country, and is only 47.2% funded. We, the UPS employee only get .40 cent for every dollar the UPS puts in the fund( and CS wants an additional 25 million dollars per year dumped into the the fund by UPS or they are going to turn us over to the government fund come 2008). The rest goes to retirees of different companies.

I know the cs plan has had some trouble, but its on the way back it went uo over 14% last year and is doing better this year. So you think its okay to turn our backs on the retired upsers and other teamsters and bail on them? Where is the guarantee that the apwa wont make a bad financial decision? Basicly your a turn coat who only cares about himself, some union guy you are!

705red

Browncafe Steward
and once they turn over the fund everything we went out on strike in '97 was a failure, they led us out blindly only to take it away one decade later, that's a big ol thanks a lot
Please explain your points, how was 97 a failure? Who lead you blindly, most of your supporters crossed the line in 97, and are hear crying today!

30andout

Please explain your points, how was 97 a failure? Who lead you blindly, most of your supporters crossed the line in 97, and are hear crying today!
Sounds like more of your bs red. I walked the line along with all of my center who most of signed cards and are also fed up with the poor representation. Red take your blinders off, most of UPS does not have it as good as your Chicago area your in a whole other world.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Sounds like more of your bs red. I walked the line along with all of my center who most of signed cards and are also fed up with the poor representation. Red take your blinders off, most of UPS does not have it as good as your Chicago area your in a whole other world.
A g a i n i l l t y p e s l o w e r , h o w w a s 9 7 a friend a i l u r e ?

705red

Browncafe Steward
Pay more attention Red, did I say 97 was a failure? Now that you have directed that at me, they sure didn't hold UPS to all the full time jobs promised.
Originally Posted by 30andout
Sounds like more of your bs red.

Do you have proof? How many still plan on going in before aug 1st,08? All do respect i have not seen any proof of any of your apwa supporters accusations! Like i tell my old lady put up or shut up!

30andout

Originally Posted by 30andout
Sounds like more of your bs red.

Do you have proof? How many still plan on going in before aug 1st,08? All do respect i have not seen any proof of any of your apwa supporters accusations! Like i tell my old lady put up or shut up!
Spoken like a true teamster, do ya knock her around a little too??? Your STILL not reading correctly, I never said 97 was a failure, that was a quote from someone else.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Spoken like a true teamster, do ya knock her around a little too??? Your STILL not reading correctly, I never said 97 was a failure, that was a quote from someone else.
I really dont think you know any true teamsters. Ive never hit a women, and if i ever said that to my wife really she would probably kick my :censored2:, but its okay she will never see this. You never said it you said it was more of my bs, i would like you to show me my bs. I have not lied about any thing on this forum ar even stretched the truth, all im asking for is proof!

sawdusttv

Sawdust, after all this time, it's shocking that you can still cram so many falsehoods into so few sentences. I count at least six total falsehoods, maybe more, depending on how strict the judging. But no, I'm not going to bother refuting them. I've done that in other threads. Now I only want to point out that since the top APWA Officials refuse to announce their positions, self-appointed posters are posting their own private opinions and suggesting that they are the official positions of the APWA.

Here's the problem. APWA suporters are going around asking UPSers to sign cards. These cards are official, legal documents. If it turns out that the online postings, flyers, and in-person parking lot solicitations are filled with false information and false promises, then the validity of the signed cards are in question. I'm not talking about the usual streaching of the truth that unfortunately happens in all campaigns, but full-blown falsehoods that have been clearly refuted and are known to be false by any reasonably well-informed person, including, presumably, the top APWA Officials themselves.

The next time APWA supporters meet with that team of outstanding lawyers of theirs, they should ask for a full explanation of the legal concept: "Fraud in the Inducement."

You want refute them because you can't refute the truth.

Lets see, just like the lies that you and some of the others have been saying about ther APWA not being a union.
Well, Mr. falsehood, answer this.
The APWA recently filed charges against the company and a teamster local in nashville tenn. with the NLRB, and they were accepted by the NLRB.
Now, since you are all knowing, Why would the NLRB accept these charges if the APWA was not a UNION??????

705red

Browncafe Steward
You want refute them because you can't refute the truth.

Lets see, just like the lies that you and some of the others have been saying about ther APWA not being a union.
Well, Mr. falsehood, answer this.
The APWA recently filed charges against the company and a teamster local in nashville tenn. with the NLRB, and they were accepted by the NLRB.
Now, since you are all knowing, Why would the NLRB accept these charges if the APWA was not a UNION??????
Saw once again how can we see these charges? Isthere a case number that we can look up, or can you scan a copy and post it?

Fullhouse

If the Teamsters want unity. Then I say scrap all the seperate pension plans and make a nation wide pension plan for all Teamsters.
That way all teamsters whom are in the same classification recieve the same retirement. After all, don't they perform the same work.
Don't worry guys it will never happen, but if did and you had to deal with the same cuts as we do. Your opions would sound alot like the APWA supporters.