Are customers going to stalk us now?

10 point

From day 1. I have followed it 95 to 99%. I'm no longer paid to think for them
I told them that I deliver four counties and have to be back for pickups at the one town by 16:30 or else I have to start all over way out in the middle of nowhere after pickups.
They didn't believe me until that day I held feeders up.
They believe in my solution now.
Amazing.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Why is it that management seems to forget things like breaking for air/pickups/bulk and not being able to deliver certain business's during lunch and how that causes you to have to drive around more and waste more time?? (does that statement even make sense too you?! probably not)

I try to explain these things to my sups but they seem like they are brain damaged or something

Could be brain damage or retarded
Most likely
They just don't give a damn

clean hairy

It never bothered me when someone intercepted me for a package unless:

I was blown out and couldn't even get to my bulk stops--let alone one single package.

It was someone I didn't know and they started the conversation with "do you have a package for me?" (who the friend are you?)

I found them their package only to find another one later on.

It was a real chaser and I had a rider and was looking forward to a long ride in the country to prove how difficult the route could be.

The package wasn't in the load to begin with.
Or, when they play you for a fool.
"It is my medicine, PLEASE find it for me, I ran out yesterday and it is so important I get it now!"
So, you dig around feverishly, finally find their item, only to find out it is not medicine, but some product they bought through mail order!

Just let your costumers know you will be parked at a certain location. Then just start handing out the packages. Why drive the route if they will come to you? HAHAHAHAHA

rod

Retired 22 years
Just let your costumers know you will be parked at a certain location. Then just start handing out the packages. Why drive the route if they will come to you? HAHAHAHAHA

I always had about a half a dozen people who met me every morning at my first stop in the small town I delivered. Especially on Avon day and the day the new Beanie Babies were due. It never bothered me for the most part because I usually had to straighten out my load from the 35 mile trip over to the town on a bumpy road. Most days the whole town could have met me and I wouldn't have cared---I would have still got the miles and stops in one way or the other. :-)

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Or, when they play you for a fool.
"It is my medicine, PLEASE find it for me, I ran out yesterday and it is so important I get it now!"
So, you dig around feverishly, finally find their item, only to find out it is not medicine, but some product they bought through mail order!
Had someone pull that crap on me once. Gave me sob story about it being meds and needing them immediately because he was catching a flight in a few hours. I tore that truck up looking for the package. A good 25 mins digging everything out to get to his stuff. After all that, I find it was a Nordsstoms box. I was fuming. Told the guy I couldn't find and it would be at his door when he got back from his trip.

He was livid and demanded I kept searching. I asked him how big the Nordstrom's box was that I was looking for and he told me it should be the size of a shirt box. (It was of course) Obviously he didn't catch that I knew it was not meds. I laughed at him and said, "didn't know Nordstrom's was in the pharmacy business..." Drove off and RTS as refused later in the day.

Box Ox

Might give that a shot sometime. Park it right next to food trucks during the traditional lunch hour. Who could resist food AND getting their toys 5 or 6 hours earlier?!

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
When I got done with my day, I would always stop at a bait shop and do my paperwork, finish up any lunch time I had left, drink a coke, etc. I delivered to a relatively small town and it wouldn't be unusual to have customers meet me there, or leave word if they weren't home to leave their package at the bait store. If it saved me time and miles, I was all for it. I was even known to help them bag minnows if they got busy. lol.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
When I got done with my day, I would always stop at a bait shop and do my paperwork, finish up any lunch time I had left, drink a coke, etc. I delivered to a relatively small town and it wouldn't be unusual to have customers meet me there, or leave word if they weren't home to leave their package at the bait store. If it saved me time and miles, I was all for it. I was even known to help them bag minnows if they got busy. lol.

Oh the good ol days

Loyal Teamster

Just wait until customers start flagging you down and wanting you to dig out their packages from a bricked out truck.
Hahhahahahahahha
I can relate. I was following my Prime driver from my phone th other day, when he made a wrong turn near my home and didn't move for 5 minutes, I decided tocall him(thinking he was lost) turns out he was at the gas station.