Are house stops getting out of hand?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
its a residential neighborhood, the truck shouldnt be there at all, but why does the side of the street he park on even matter? whats the big deal about that?? whats so very unsafe about that? its not like its a busy street or something

In Georgia, if you are parked on the wrong side of the street (facing oncoming traffic) and your vehicle is hit, you get the ticket and your insurance has to pay.

City Driver

did u really just say get his truck in the driveway????????????? That tells me that u really and truly dont understand wat we as freight drivers go through our trailers are longer than the driveway it self in most cases and in a subdivision u are not and repeat not gonna be able to swing into a drive and the weight of our unit will crack the driveway even if we could

i can back a 53 foot trailer with the tandems slid all the way back with a largecar into an 8 foot 7 inch wide driveway from a 12 foot wide 1 way 1 lane street without any pullups in high reverse.......on the blindside!

sppollock

You know, this is an arguement none of us are going to win. House stops on a long box are stupid, but we have to do them. We cannot get a longbox trailer into most driveway's, I dont care how good of a driver you are. You ground drivers have different problems that we as freight drivers do not understand and we have problems that you dont understand. The fact that the driver saw fit to park on the other side of the road is a problem with you, well we as freight drivers see no problem in this practice. Like I said earlier, it may have been safer for the driver to come in to the area from the side he did and leave from that way. Believe it or not, that is a very real possiblity. We need to keep this forum more civil and understand that you dont understand the differences in our jobs, when it comes to management putting a longbox in stupid areas. The only thing that I see this driver did wrong is he did not have his/her 4 ways on.

Any police officer that gives a ticket for a driver being safe is just looking to give a ticket.

NHDRVR

Ha!!!!!!!! u talking bout a package driver with a weight limit of 100 pds and cant even touch a box of haz-mat????? Please!!!! thats nothing try pulling 10 pallets of tile weighing 2500 pds plus onto a short lift gate and then up a drive way on a hill BY UR SELF! we all as drivers of ups have certain situations that make our jobs tough all im saying is dont knock the next man if u havent been there

It's 150 pounds and please remember...

If you are not carrying cardboard then I am carrying you.