Are Mondays Insane at Your Station, Too?

Fergus Mahoney

Plan on missing my 1st peak after 26 years. I have a list of things to get looked at. friend'em. All the good coworkers have left soooooo I could give a rats :censored2:.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
It’s definitely not as enjoyable as it once was. All kidding aside, can you anticipate anything good about peak this year? For me, late freight, lack of vehicles, staff shortage and the overwhelming volume of a.m. freight in the mid day flight makes me a bit pessimistic.
I think everybody should slow down at peak to maybe lets say 50%. Really take care of the customers who are lucky enough to actually receive their Xmas joys. Then let the corporate clout figure out the mountain of mess that they always make the couriers and CSA’s do. Then maybe, just maybe they might get a clue of what really goes on in the real world.

Then again, I doubt it.

!Retired!

I help with pm doc sort on Mondays or whatever the first workday is. Typically heavy for understandable reasons. But the last couple of months have been often off the wall.

A major problem is lack of staff. My manager said we’re interviewing like crazy. But when applicants learn they must take a drug test they walk out. It’s a miracle everything gets where it’s intended. Usually.
Mondays used to be the lightest day of the week, with Wednesday being the busiest. Now, Mondays are the heaviest, and it gets lighter as the week goes on.
That can't be. According to everyone on here, hiring problems ONLY happen at FDX because they are a crappy place to work and don't pay enough. According to those same people, everyone wants to work at UPS because everyone there loves their job and they pay great. How can UPS have problems hiring people?
Now that's funny.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Not according to many on here. FDX can't hire or retain due to pay. UPS pays more, their employees are happy and stay there a long time. Or so many on here say.

Well the full time employees do tend to stay from what I’ve seen. Part timers come and go, but they always get more fresh meat somehow. The pay and benefits definitely have something to do with the full timers sticking around.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
The people most likely to say these kinds of things are the ones least likely to understand the real world.
Oh, I see you’re sticking up for the corporate elite. You know the one’s that are entitled and sheltered away from the real work. There they are Dano, now go kiss their ass.

yadig

I can only speak to the ups truck drivers, they aren’t leaving like they do at FedEx! That’s a fact.

BadLarry238

Your Hero
Well the full time employees do tend to stay from what I’ve seen. Part timers come and go, but they always get more fresh meat somehow. The pay and benefits definitely have something to do with the full timers sticking around.
Like getting people off the street from Jackson, MS and bussing them to MEMH to work the sort at $20hr? How long has FedEx been doing that?