Are Mondays Insane at Your Station, Too?

falcon back

I didn't believe it at first either, but I personally verified it with a senior manager...and yes, freakin' Jackson, MS!!!
Jackson Ms is as far away from the Hub as Nashville. I believe the Sr. was jerking your chain. From what I read, the employees are on the clock from the time they get on the bus till the time they get off the bus. Those employees are gonna be paid for almost 7 hrs every day for drive time? Highly unlikely. I know they bus from Clarksdale and other areas in Ms. Busing from Jackson? I would bet a Happy Meal that is bad info.

Quote Reply

BadLarry238

Your Hero
Jackson Ms is as far away from the Hub as Nashville. I believe the Sr. was jerking your chain. From what I read, the employees are on the clock from the time they get on the bus till the time they get off the bus. Those employees are gonna be paid for almost 7 hrs every day for drive time? Highly unlikely. I know they bus from Clarksdale and other areas in Ms. Busing from Jackson? I would bet a Happy Meal that is bad info.

Quote Reply
Was told the same thing about them being on the clock while on the bus.

Enjoy your happy meal...

AB831

But when applicants learn they must take a drug test they walk out.
I think it’s more when applicants learn what they’ll get paid for what’s expect of them, coupled with getting Sundays and Tuesdays off or whatever Fat Freddy decides works best for him.

AB831

It’s definitely not as enjoyable as it once was. All kidding aside, can you anticipate anything good about peak this year? For me, late freight, lack of vehicles, staff shortage and the overwhelming volume of a.m. freight in the mid day flight makes me a bit pessimistic.
How often is the freight late? It was getting to the point of being 3 days a week the last summer I was there.

AB831

All I can attest to is our ramp. Our flight has be consistently +30 min late or more, for over a year now.
Wow. I was at a station in between Baltimore and DC, and it was consistently 30 minutes late before the pandemic, but from March 2020 to when I left in November, it was over an hour late nearly every day that wasn’t Monday with an occasional good two or three day streak sprinkled in there.

BadLarry238

Your Hero
Wow. I was at a station in between Baltimore and DC, and it was consistently 30 minutes late before the pandemic, but from March 2020 to when I left in November, it was over an hour late nearly every day that wasn’t Monday with an occasional good two or three day streak sprinkled in there.
We can make up some time with a mini-sort at the ramp, depending on how MEMH loads the plane, but we find FO's hand loaded in the crew luggage nets or under the jump seats, mixed freight in the bellies, mislabeled ULD's, ADG in a ULD not in position 1 on the plane, etc ...and that eats up time sorting that :censored2: out, which in turn puts the trucks out late to the stations, puts a delay on the sort at the stations, etc.

And this is just at our small ramp. I can only imagine what it's like at bigger one or other ramps here in the states. Someone is being payed a lot of money not to fix this...

MassWineGuy

I don’t really care how late it is. I won’t kill myself getting everything off and I’m fine bringing freight back as not attempted.