Are sorters required to load?

Box Ox

Thank you for the advice. I’ll slow it down a bit and hopefully they send someone to help.

Also, I keep hearing “Work as directed”

I get it yall. Boss says do something, you do it. I guess I’m having a hard time understanding that because I used to see all kinds of bull:censored2: when I was a loader. No call no shows, call outs with bull:censored2: excuses etc.. all those idiots are never reprimanded even though they were “Directed” to come to work like a good employee should.

And I get where you’re coming from. I was the big/strong/dependable all purpose guy on my preload who probably didn’t push back enough. Probably put more wear on my body than it should have before I went FT.

542thruNthru

And I get where you’re coming from. I was the big/strong/dependable all purpose guy on my preload who probably didn’t push back enough. Probably put more wear on my body than it should have before I went FT.

latest.gif

Box Ox

wtf do i have to do with this? doesnt apply to me , im the best sorter alive . i would sort 2 unloaders at ease if i felt like it.

That’s where ya lose folks, homey G. At the end of the day, it’s just moving cardboard. Not building rockets. How good ya are or how ya might improve the metrics a little doesn’t really matter.

Daf

Even tho you are a sorter, you still have to do other work as directed. However if they have people sorting who have less seniority than you then it is a violation and you can grieve.

AlliSeeisBrown

I get it yall. Boss says do something, you do it. I guess I’m having a hard time understanding that because I used to see all kinds of bull:censored2: when I was a loader. No call no shows, call outs with bull:censored2: excuses etc.. all those idiots are never reprimanded even though they were “Directed” to come to work like a good employee should.

"Work as directed" applies to the people who do their job and always show up on time. I've never understood it but at least around here, they love to retain the problem children, crybabies, and the unreliable. We have a guy that takes breaks every 20 minutes to go smoke, takes an hour to unload a package car, has walked out and quit 3 nights in a row and they keep bringing him back. It's a 4.5 hour shift.

But God forbid one of the good guys is late, calls out or has one bad night. Terminated.

Thank you for this post. Made me realize how messed up my sort is. I am definitely going slower today. Sick of doing 5x the work of the lazy new hires here while they make 3x my check.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Thank you for the advice. I’ll slow it down a bit and hopefully they send someone to help.

You just worry about you.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
wtf do i have to do with this? doesnt apply to me , im the best sorter alive . i would sort 2 unloaders at ease if i felt like it.
I used to sort two unloaders back when you actually had to read the label to know where it was going. On top
Of that we had about 200 streets that were exceptions to the rule.

You couldn't have held my jock strap back in the day.

Sounds like you need some anger management.

Worry about doing what you're supposed to do and that's it. We aren't supervisors so why worry about :censored2: that is their problem?
Because I do way more for way less money. Today I'm telling them to keep a certain slacker off my zone or I'm transferring. It lowers all around moral.