are there many people out here having problems at home?

loadfaster

Necro, the anonymity provided by forums like this is what makes posts about your life - home or otherwise - perfectly fine. As long as excruciating detail or ultra specific information is left out, it can provide a kind of therapy you arent obligated to pay for. Once you get past all the wiseasses, that is. Anyway, apology accepted. Sorry bout your crappy day.

texan

Try living in the body. It sucks. Fat where there never was none. Hair falls out, quits growing on head, and grows everywhere else.:sick: My husband is freezing and Im naked and sweating. I know its no fun to live with us, but you guys in your mid life crisis aint no picnic either.
OK humbled and pulled out of my pity party.
ppppimages.jpg

oldupsman

Try living in the body. It sucks. Fat where there never was none. Hair falls out, quits growing on head, and grows everywhere else.:sick: My husband is freezing and Im naked and sweating. I know its no fun to live with us, but you guys in your mid life crisis aint no picnic either.
I'll be first to admit our mid life crisis is different. We like bimbos and little red sports cars.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
the faster you work, the more stops they will put on you. been there...

Many never figure it out though. Just had lunch with a driver the other day that said oh yeah I usually just have them shuttle whatever doesn't fit out to me I don't know why the regular guy goes back to the building. I said well that's supervisors working and they aren't supposed to that's a contract violation. His reply....... I thought they were supposed to work. What are they supposed to do then? My mouth just dropped open. This is an upper 30's man who has been at ups for 15+ years and he thought supervisors were supposed to work and shuttle packages and help him out if he's super heavy.

packageguy

Many never figure it out though. Just had lunch with a driver the other day that said oh yeah I usually just have them shuttle whatever doesn't fit out to me I don't know why the regular guy goes back to the building. I said well that's supervisors working and they aren't supposed to that's a contract violation. His reply....... I thought they were supposed to work. What are they supposed to do then? My mouth just dropped open. This is an upper 30's man who has been at ups for 15+ years and he thought supervisors were supposed to work and shuttle packages and help him out if he's super heavy.

Wow, You know he lied to you, he knows, he cut a deal with the supervisor. No doubt.....

newgirl2012

Yeah, that is what I am worried about. Many health issues with my little guy as well, and no family around here to help with him, only my 17 year old and it is not his responsibilty......also I know this is not the kind of job (driver) where you can take a couple hours off to go to doctor appointments, school conferenceds or functions, etc. First and foremost I am a mother, my kids mean the world to me, but I also know I need to support them, that is my job as well. What I am struggling with I guess is family values vs. money. I would love to be able to provide very well for them, but is it worth it at the risk of little no no time with them?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If it were me I would find a PT job that would allow you to work while he is in school. UPS, at least as a driver, does not sound like a good fit for you. You could work in the hub but you would still need someone to get him to school or to pick him up after school, depending upon whether your worked the preload (morning) or metro (afternoons).

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Yeah, that is what I am worried about. Many health issues with my little guy as well, and no family around here to help with him, only my 17 year old and it is not his responsibilty......also I know this is not the kind of job (driver) where you can take a couple hours off to go to doctor appointments, school conferenceds or functions, etc. First and foremost I am a mother, my kids mean the world to me, but I also know I need to support them, that is my job as well. What I am struggling with I guess is family values vs. money. I would love to be able to provide very well for them, but is it worth it at the risk of little no no time with them?
NO

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Wow, You know he lied to you, he knows, he cut a deal with the supervisor. No doubt.....

No I promise he has no clue how this place works. He takes every day off they give him but has been a month away from losing his house numerous times in the last 5 years. If his big tow hurts he calls in. He has two kids to provide for but any day he does work he speeds all around and runs every where getting off as early as he can. He hates his job and talks about quoting everyday. Ups loves him lol

Paycheck

To answere the OP, Yes there are many people who have problems at home. Some are worse than others. Mine are minor to moderate to some of the problems I have heard about. The fact is the world is a tough place right now, the fact that money plays such a vitale roll in stability makes doing whatever it takes to make money a norm. The unfortunate part is the company we work for know this and takes advantage of it. The belief is that one immitate manager is responsible for things like stops per care and productions standards. The fact is they are dictated by managers at a corporate level.

A

anonymous6

my first became an ex because i was working 80-100 hrs a week driving truck 11 western states pulling down 30 k ( back in 80's ).

now 2nd wife of 20 years is happy as a clam . pulling down 100k plus another what.........20-30 in bennies? working 55-60 hrs a week. making more than the first's second husband .......who is a doctor.

sweet.