Are these guys and gal worth it?

Dfigtree

page_18.jpg
[D] Previous Page | Next Page

<SCRIPT language=javascript>postamble();</SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=javascript> var d = new Date(); document.write('http://apps.shareholder.com/track/track.aspx?h=682D933C54D4D8B942AB200CC03B41DF&a=1&c=UPS&s=27389875&friend=1117&c1=18&r=' + d.getTime() + '');</SCRIPT>http://apps.shareholder.com/track/track.aspx?h=682D933C54D4D8B942AB200CC03B41DF&a=1&c=UPS&s=27389875&friend=1117&c1=18&r=1144592961437

abbear

Rmember back when UPS first started being an Olympic sponsor? They sent us all a full color book via the post office about how wonderfulr the olympics and UPS was? At our center we all held on to these and anytime cost cutting was being mentioned we just silently held those books up. It was pretty effective.

I suggest we do the same thing with the figures above. Blow them up, print them out, display them prominently.

How many drivers have to work how many hours to pay Eskew's yearly salary anyway? Somebody do the math - I just can't face it right now...

over9five

Staff member
OK, we need:

21 drivers (at 60,000/year) to equal Mikes cash compensation.

PLUS:

21 more drivers to pay his RSU and RPU awards.

PLUS

48 more drivers to pay for his stock options.

EQUALS

90 drivers.

bigdog

Exactly. If you rate our CEO in terms of pay against all the other Fortune 500 companies, he is way down on the list in terms of salary

moreluck

golden ticket member
The really sad thing is how everybody seems worried about what someone else is being paid. I always believed it's nobody's business what someone else makes............As long as you get paid for the job that you do and the paycheck doesn't bounce at the bank.

Yeah, I'm really upset that Reese will make $20 million on her next movie, but it's none of my business and frankly I don't have her talent or her looks to be a movie star.

This thread is sounding like a bunch of old ladies gossiping at the back fence!!:biggrin:

rngri4

I do stock and Fortune 500 Company analysis for a living. I work at UPS for the benefits. Let me be the first to tell you this, don't bash Mike for his salary, compare it to any other Fortune 500 company, and it is very well below the standard of any other CEO. In fact, the UPS CEO is one of the lowest paid CEO's of any Fortune 500 company. Don't bash him, I wouldn't the BS he puts up with. Most CEO's of Fortune 500 companies are making upwards of 10 million or so a year, which his salary falls very well below that. Know what you're talking about before you post it. He deserves what he gets, because I sure as hell wouldn't want his job!

browniehound

rngri4 said:
I do stock and Fortune 500 Company analysis for a living. I work at UPS for the benefits. Let me be the first to tell you this, don't bash Mike for his salary, compare it to any other Fortune 500 company, and it is very well below the standard of any other CEO. In fact, the UPS CEO is one of the lowest paid CEO's of any Fortune 500 company. Don't bash him, I wouldn't the BS he puts up with. Most CEO's of Fortune 500 companies are making upwards of 10 million or so a year, which his salary falls very well below that. Know what you're talking about before you post it. He deserves what he gets, because I sure as hell wouldn't want his job!

As apposed to the job you have now which is licking his ass

worldwide

Since we are comparing wages...

How does the typical full time UPS employee's wage and benefits compare to the typical American workers pay and benefits?

From the US Census Bureau 8/30/05

"Real median household income remained unchanged between 2003 and 2004 at $44,389, according to a report released today by the U.S. Census Bureau. Meanwhile, the nation’s official poverty rate rose from 12.5 percent in 2003 to 12.7 percent in 2004. The percentage of the nation’s population without health insurance coverage remained stable, at 15.7 percent in 2004. The number of people with health insurance increased by 2.0 million to 245.3 million between 2003 and 2004, and the number without such coverage rose by 800,000 to 45.8 million. Real median earnings of men age 15 and older who worked full-time, year-round declined 2.3 percent between 2003 and 2004, to $40,798. Women with similar work experience saw their earnings decline by 1.0 percent, to $31,223."

over9five

Staff member
"In fact, the UPS CEO is one of the lowest paid CEO's..."

If he doesn't like it, he can leave. No one's forcing him to work here! The door's right there!

boswharfs

"If he doesn't like it, he can leave. No one's forcing him to work here! The door's right there![/QUOTE]"

If I had a dollar for every time I've been told that.......... I wouldn't be Mike, but I certainly could buy lunch.

DS

Fenderbender
Even if Mikes salary is far below that of other prominent CEO`s,
its still a LOT of money.The thought of him being one of the
lower paid in the heirarchy is hard for me to get my head around.
I`m well paid as far as most jobs go,but I work my ass off for it.
With the unfair income and property taxes,water,cable,heat,car insurance
car payments,house insurance,phone bill,etc...it can get frustrating.
It must be nice to never have to worry about money.
I`m putting in my letter for promotion to management tomorrow.
I`m sick of having to transfer money from our savings to cover
the mortgage.
How long will it be before I make 2.5 mil a year?
What is it these dudes have that makes them worth it?

worldwide

over9five said "Working for UPS is NOT a typical job. Talk about comparing apples to oranges...."

So you are saying that the CEO of UPS should be paid more than the CEO's of other companies? After all, working for UPS is not a typical job.

Who should decide what wages are paid to the employees of a company and what is a "fair" wage? What is your definition of "fair"?

laborer

The reason that I posted the link to CEO salary's was to show the absurd discrepancy between workers and the people who cry about their shrinking profit margins. I've never said as a UPS employee that we are not paid well and don't have great benefits but we are also constantly harassed to achieve near impossible expectations from people who make just as much and in most cases much more than we do.

The average UPS worker will have to work 35-40 years to equal what Mr Eskew will make in 1 year and he's on the low end of CEO's........hmmmm I wonder who really is causing shrinking profits.

ups79

on page 18, check out the yearly pensions. Also, the last sentence-"The plans permit participants with 25 or more years of benefit service to retire as early as age 55 with only a limited reduction, or no reduction , in the amount of their monthly benefits. Can you say central states?