Are tieguy and upssocks one and the same?

tieguy

Banned
I have been a long time lurker and now I am first time poster.

I have come to admire pickup for all the sage advice and witty jokes he has sprinkled into his posts. I have based my life on his teachings. He is the sun, the moon , and the stars as far as I am concerned. And now I see that pickup has said he will post no more

What am I to do but to take up his cause?

If you had read the thread carefully danny, you would have noticed that Pickup(sigh!) said that there are ways of hiding or seemingly changing one's ip address so that an administrator can check and it would seem that two different ip addresses are being used for two identities but it reality it is the same person posting from the same computer

So it really can't be definitively proven by Cheryl if the user is one and the same unless he took no steps to hide his i.p.

As for your hypothetical bet where you pit your and tieguy's future abilities to post, did you check with tieguy before you put his ability into the deal or did you take it upon yourself to speak for him and hence decide to risk his posting ability? You speak constantly of the "gooberment" taking it upon themselves to decide arbitrarily for people and yet you might have done the same. And if you didn't speak for tieguy with his explicit permission, then you are unable to walk up to the betting window and place your bet .

And what if pickup took your bet and won , and tieguy refused to abide by the terms you set and continued posting ? Then you would have welched on the bet. Pickup was wise(and when isn't He?) not to take the bet for he saved you from carrying the mantle of "deadbeat". He obviously bent over backwards to save you from that shame and as result seems to have picked up some shame in the process. I said "seem to" as any astute observer would see he demonstrated a remarkable amount of restraint in showing you this small measure of mercy.

Pickup, please come back . I for one will be ,immeasurably , for the worse if I can not continue to go to the fount of wisdom that you are. I will continue to go to past posts and meditate on your past teachings in the meantime.

By the way, pickup, I live in Arizona . It is beautiful here and if you ever come to visit me from the garden state of new jersey, it will be even more beautiful

Hmmm a first time poster who had admired pickup from afar and now strongly feels the need to run to pickups defense? Now this is much better material for a good conspiracy buff then trying to create a match between me and socks.....:)

tieguy

Banned
As for tieguy , I have had some p.m correspondence with him about this and we are both okay about it.

yep , It might be time to end this soap opera.

anyone else notice you can bounce a baseball bat off Kleins head and not even get a good flinch out of him? :happy-very:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I have added some great opinions to this site.

You know Klein, I find it interesting how large a legend in your own mind you are. I guess I remember too many of your early postings where you actually posted the truth, instead of the version you think will fly.

And, by all means, if I wasn't as company and customer orientated as I was. I would have never been fired.
I gotta go with Tie on this one. You did your job so damn well they had to try to find something, anything, to fire you over. And they made up this cock and bull story about you drinking on the clock.
And I advise everyone to go by the book
Good one there! Give out good advice for others to follow, but the rules, they dont apply to you, just everyone else. You are too good for rules.

As far as Canadians, I happen to know a lot of them. Swell people. Beautiful country as well. Proud but yet humble. Unfortunately, been led down a path of larger goverment is good mentality, the cradle to grave services that you seem to love to take advantage of. Many dont like what they see. You can read it in the front pages of the paper if you take the time.

So I can honestly say, you sir are no Canadian.

And like other great societies that have fallen by the wayside, undercut by those that seek to get whatever the government hands out, and vote themselves even more largess at every opportunity.

Nope, you are no Canadian. Instead you are part of the problem.

Not to mention narcissistic.

Pup, glad you are back. Really I am. And no need for thanks, I meant every word. Even if you are your own best fan!:peaceful::wink2:

d

klein

Für Meno :)
Danny and Tie :

1) Yes, Ft Lauderdale Airport is located in Hollywood, Fl.

2) My customers were only positively effected by me skipping my lunch during my route, so everyone could get thier deliveries (with no misses).

3)I got no point on here to lie. Would be nice if you could just show me 1 example.

4)I actually vote conservative here. The province I live in has been conservative for over 30 years now. Our federal government (lead by Harper as PM), is also conservative, that I also voted for.
(which does not mean they will abolish National Healthcare, and kick the less fortunate out of the system,with higher associated costs, or start having ghettos in every major city).

5) Non Canadian, makes me laugh. We have so many seasonal workers here, fishing and forestry, landscapers, just to name a few.
Some, work only 6 months out of the year, and collect Unemployment the rest of the year.
But, they too, build this country to what it is today.

6) More government (regulations ), doesn't nessecary mean a bad thing.
As we have just experinced what corperate and Wall Street greed did to America, while Canada had no such thing as a banking collapse or housing crunch.
Finnland, Norway and Sweden, for example, the most democratic social governments on earth, are debt free, and are lenders to countries , such as ourselves.
Don't get me wrong, I would never want us to become that social, ever.
Because, it's just too expensive to live there.

Anyways, just wanted to clear the air, thats all.
No hard feelings.
Just my opinions, and my answers to your postings.:peaceful:

tieguy

Banned
Tie, I am not sure what you are agreeing to. Do you want peace or do you want to continue with the insults? I would rather be done with the insults but I can go either way. My post, the one that Klien supported, was not full of errors. Would you care to try again?

Dilli ,

I'm not understanding the question. Your previous post you said you were tired of fighting. I agreed?

tieguy

Banned
2) My customers were only positively effected by me skipping my lunch during my route, so everyone could get thier deliveries (with no misses).

I'm sorry but I'm not following your logic here. You said your service to the company and customers got you fired. yet drinking a beer on duty got you fired. Thus I was trying to understand how drinking a beer on duty served the company and your customers?

4)I actually vote conservative here. The province I live in has been conservative for over 30 years now. Our federal government (lead by Harper as PM), is also conservative, that I also voted for.
(which does not mean they will abolish National Healthcare, and kick the less fortunate out of the system,with higher associated costs, or start having ghettos in every major city).

your brand of conservatism would be liberal here.

As we have just experinced what corperate and Wall Street greed did to America, while Canada had no such thing as a banking collapse or housing crunch.
Finnland, Norway and Sweden, for example, the most democratic social governments on earth, are debt free, and are lenders to countries , such as ourselves.

its easy to be debt free when you jack up taxes as needed and take a position of letting some other country decide the fate of the world.

klein

I'm sorry but I'm not following your logic here. You said your service to the company and customers got you fired. yet drinking a beer on duty got you fired. Thus I was trying to understand how drinking a beer on duty served the company and your customers?
Not, getting into that anymore. It was after my run, after parked, etc.

your brand of conservatism would be liberal here.
So, is the rest of the western nations, such as Germany, France, UK, Switzerland, and many more.
You have "special republicans", that can't really be found in any other industrialized country.

its easy to be debt free when you jack up taxes as needed and take a position of letting some other country decide the fate of the world.
When is too much, too much ?, see below:

country-distribution-2008.png

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Dilli ,

I'm not understanding the question. Your previous post you said you were tired of fighting. I agreed?
Tie, you agreed with the peace but then you also rep'd Klein saying "you just supported a post that is full of errors. " That was my post that you said was full of errors. So the point is this Tie, you either want peace or you want to bash my posts. That is all I am trying to understand. There was only one thing wrong with my post. The one thing I did post that was incorrect, which I admitted to, was saying that you said a 'near death experience'. That was 1 thing, not a whole post full. Just trying to figure out where you are coming from.

Or is it that you agree you are tired of fighting but have no intention of stopping?

Last edited:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Dearest Dill

There have been a few posts that I seen where people have asked you to explain your position on a matter, but really have no other idea what you are talking about. I heard that Tie and Dill got into a contest, but never had the time to further investigate it. I usually only read about 1/4 of the threads, those that peak my interest. So If you feel that I neglected you in your time of need, I do so profusely appologize!

Win? Just trying to place things in the proper prospective. To some, this site is a major portion of their life. There have been several that have posted as such. But not mine. My whole point was to either put up, or shut up. And as such, I would vouch for the person I knew well enough not to need an alter ego.

As for pup, I actually liked a great number of his posts. I agreed with him more than not. But I was somewhat interested in the witch hunt he was trying to spread.

Pup's greatest.......What can I say. Welcome to the BC. So sorry you feel that I am anti pup, cant be further from the truth.

Think of it as a poker game. I just raised the pot. He can either call or fold. There is nothing personal. As I said to Dill, I agree with Pup more than I disagree.

Again, welcome. Pup will be back, I think I know him well enough to say that confidently.

d
Danny, I know you don't spend alot of time in here. Maybe that was the whole point. When you do come in you wade into the middle of what ever is going on. Not a big deal. I really didn't want to argue with you. I was simply stating my opinions as we are allowed to do. You don't have to agree with me and I don't have to agree with you. I don't think you needed to be so heavy handed. :peaceful:

reydluap

Damn it Tie! Will you and Dilli finally kiss and make up!! And finally, just let klein go.......he's not worth the fight.

Just keep posting as socks and let's go on.............LOL!!!

rod

Retired 22 years
I think I will just pop another bowl of popcorn and set back and watch this daily soap opera develop. Sometimes this is more confusing and has more twists in the plot than the show "Lost" .

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Kleiner

You really need to get your figures from someplace that does not have an ajenda. China and Russia spend more together than we do. And the Chinese are rapidly taking aim at the number one spot.

But as a practical matter, that is one of the actual purposes of our federal gooberment, the national defense of our country.

What is not one of their mandates is the cradle to grave super store of goodies you want. Well, actually, you want what they have, without the cost to you. Problem is, you cant have one without the other. And once the trip down the water slide has begun to marxism, there is no stopping the power grab of the government.

Interesting how you dont respond to my statement that your healthcare system which you profess to be so great makes front page news to the contrary. And same thing in other countries like Germany.

Yeah, our system needs fixed, but you dont have the answer, only a pretty little bandaid that is contaminated with all sorts of evil bacteria that cant wait to infect our society.

d

klein

Kleiner

You really need to get your figures from someplace that does not have an ajenda. China and Russia spend more together than we do. And the Chinese are rapidly taking aim at the number one spot.

But as a practical matter, that is one of the actual purposes of our federal gooberment, the national defense of our country.

What is not one of their mandates is the cradle to grave super store of goodies you want. Well, actually, you want what they have, without the cost to you. Problem is, you cant have one without the other. And once the trip down the water slide has begun to marxism, there is no stopping the power grab of the government.

Interesting how you dont respond to my statement that your healthcare system which you profess to be so great makes front page news to the contrary. And same thing in other countries like Germany.

Yeah, our system needs fixed, but you dont have the answer, only a pretty little bandaid that is contaminated with all sorts of evil bacteria that cant wait to infect our society.

d

Dannyboy:
I'm too tired to google anything right now, about Military spending.
If you say, it's ok, what the US spends, I believe you.

On the contrary, if you lived in this country, you would know about a lot of government control ,or jobs , that have been ousted.
Just today, gun registry has made the headline here, that it will be abolished (cost is too high to keep it).

In the past we have given up the motor vehicle branch (DMV), privatized that, also government controlled likor stores.
We have privatized Utilties as well, along with phone service.
So, no. Steps are taken back as well into hands of the private sector.

The latest 2 healthcare headlines : Calgary Flames NHL team got infront of H1N1 vaccination. Well, today, the health official that permittted it, got fired !

Yesterdays headline :POLL: 77% of Canadians believe they would be treated here better then in the US, if they had a serious illness. Up from 71% in 2005.

I really don't know, what is making the headlines there.

tieguy

Banned
Not, getting into that anymore. It was after my run, after parked, etc.

Yea the problem is you did get into it again. You made a statement that you got fired for taking care of company and customer. I'm trying to understand how drinking a beer on duty fits that description.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Good, maybe all those Canucks that keep coming over the border for good healthcare will now stay home and access yours.

And if we could keep the ones from south of the border from accessing our free healthcare that the rest of us are paying for...........

but that will never happen.

d