Are tieguy and upssocks one and the same?

DS

Fenderbender
I have to say something.
Americans are proud and patriotic because they believe in freedom.
They will go to the end of the world to help counties that need help.
Canada looks out for itself,our losses in Afghanistan may make Don Cherry all teary eyed but the fact is that America's losses are much greater.
It pisses me off that you think that you can speak for every Canadian.
You may have some good points,but it all gets lost in your lack of humility.
I realize its just your opinion ,and you are entitled to that,but everyone would be much better off if you just wrote a letter to Barack and stuck to mundane things here.
Oh yea and stop bragging about having your house paid off and being able to travel...I can see why you cant find a girlfriend
maybe you have a reptile dysfuncion :wind:
Therefore the sage goes about doing nothing, teaching no-talking.
The ten thousand things rise and fall without cease,
Creating, yet not.
Working, yet not taking credit.
Work is done, then forgotten.
Therefore it lasts forever.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Dearest Dill

I know the days of hard work have their effects on a driver, but I hope you are reading the lables better than you read my posts.

This is what you think I said:

What you did was call him a fool for stating an idea or opinion

But this is what I actually did say.

if you are shown to be the fool,

So it would seem that you are trying to actually do what you are accusing me of doing.......how refreshing and predictable.

Please go back and read my posts without the testosterone buildup.

As for Tie, he needs no one to fight his battles for him. But I also have a reputation for sticking up for those that need a hand.

I have also been falsely accused of posting as another, by people that have no other aim in life than to tear down. Dont have much respect for those people that make false statements, then stand back and claim they can not be proven wrong.

d

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Dearest Dill

I know the days of hard work have their effects on a driver, but I hope you are reading the lables better than you read my posts.Sometimes I do have trouble with those labels. I seriously think that UPS should require a minimum font size. That and my dyslexia kicks in once in awhile. :happy-very:

This is what you think I said:

But this is what I actually did say. if you are shown to be the fool,

Touche' ..... You got me there. That is what you said. And you also said the following. I guess this really isn't attacking either. Your just putting words in his mouth. Words that were never there. It is only your opinion. Just like the original question.
Sounds kinda like you are admiting to being a fool either way. Something I suspected already?or did you assume?

So it would seem that you are trying to actually do what you are accusing me of doing.......how refreshing and predictable.

I'm sorry that you feel that I am attacking you. I thought this a debate but I guess it isn't since your superiority on all subjects can never be questioned. How refreshing and predictable is that?:surprised:

This is truly funny. I laughed my ass off on this this one. Thanks Danny. I enjoy a good laugh. I guess I spend to much time around you guys.
As for Tie, he needs no one to fight his battles for him. But I also have a reputation for sticking up for those that need a hand.

For some........................

I have also been falsely accused of posting as another, by people that have no other aim in life than to tear down. Dont have much respect for those people that make false statements, then stand back and claim they can not be proven wrong.

d
I have been falsely accused, in here, also and I never saw you coming to my defense. My accuser had no other aim but to tear down, demorilize. It was done with great delight, IMPO. So your claim doesn't wash with me. Do you only to come to the defense of those that you like? I think that makes more sense. No hard feelings though, Danny. I am not surprised the way your debates go. It's not the first time I have been on the other side of one. I don't need to win this. You can have it. It's all yours darlin. Now you can kick back a bask in the afterglow.:happy-very:

d[/B][/COLOR]

I have been a long time lurker and now I am first time poster.

I have come to admire pickup for all the sage advice and witty jokes he has sprinkled into his posts. I have based my life on his teachings. He is the sun, the moon , and the stars as far as I am concerned. And now I see that pickup has said he will post no more

What am I to do but to take up his cause?

If you had read the thread carefully danny, you would have noticed that Pickup(sigh!) said that there are ways of hiding or seemingly changing one's ip address so that an administrator can check and it would seem that two different ip addresses are being used for two identities but it reality it is the same person posting from the same computer

So it really can't be definitively proven by Cheryl if the user is one and the same unless he took no steps to hide his i.p.

As for your hypothetical bet where you pit your and tieguy's future abilities to post, did you check with tieguy before you put his ability into the deal or did you take it upon yourself to speak for him and hence decide to risk his posting ability? You speak constantly of the "gooberment" taking it upon themselves to decide arbitrarily for people and yet you might have done the same. And if you didn't speak for tieguy with his explicit permission, then you are unable to walk up to the betting window and place your bet .

And what if pickup took your bet and won , and tieguy refused to abide by the terms you set and continued posting ? Then you would have welched on the bet. Pickup was wise(and when isn't He?) not to take the bet for he saved you from carrying the mantle of "deadbeat". He obviously bent over backwards to save you from that shame and as result seems to have picked up some shame in the process. I said "seem to" as any astute observer would see he demonstrated a remarkable amount of restraint in showing you this small measure of mercy.

Pickup, please come back . I for one will be ,immeasurably , for the worse if I can not continue to go to the fount of wisdom that you are. I will continue to go to past posts and meditate on your past teachings in the meantime.

By the way, pickup, I live in Arizona . It is beautiful here and if you ever come to visit me from the garden state of new jersey, it will be even more beautiful

over9five

Staff member
Welcome to Brown Cafe, Pickup's Greatest Fan. I like to see a new user jump in to defend another member. Did Pickup really say he was not going to post anymore? I hope he changes his mind.

reydluap

I have been a long time lurker and now I am first time poster.

I have come to admire pickup for all the sage advice and witty jokes he has sprinkled into his posts. I have based my life on his teachings. He is the sun, the moon , and the stars as far as I am concerned. And now I see that pickup has said he will post no more

What am I to do but to take up his cause?

If you had read the thread carefully danny, you would have noticed that Pickup(sigh!) said that there are ways of hiding or seemingly changing one's ip address so that an administrator can check and it would seem that two different ip addresses are being used for two identities but it reality it is the same person posting from the same computer

So it really can't be definitively proven by Cheryl if the user is one and the same unless he took no steps to hide his i.p.

As for your hypothetical bet where you pit your and tieguy's future abilities to post, did you check with tieguy before you put his ability into the deal or did you take it upon yourself to speak for him and hence decide to risk his posting ability? You speak constantly of the "gooberment" taking it upon themselves to decide arbitrarily for people and yet you might have done the same. And if you didn't speak for tieguy with his explicit permission, then you are unable to walk up to the betting window and place your bet .

And what if pickup took your bet and won , and tieguy refused to abide by the terms you set and continued posting ? Then you would have welched on the bet. Pickup was wise(and when isn't He?) not to take the bet for he saved you from carrying the mantle of "deadbeat". He obviously bent over backwards to save you from that shame and as result seems to have picked up some shame in the process. I said "seem to" as any astute observer would see he demonstrated a remarkable amount of restraint in showing you this small measure of mercy.

Pickup, please come back . I for one will be ,immeasurably , for the worse if I can not continue to go to the fount of wisdom that you are. I will continue to go to past posts and meditate on your past teachings in the meantime.

By the way, pickup, I live in Arizona . It is beautiful here and if you ever come to visit me from the garden state of new jersey, it will be even more beautiful

OH PLEASE!!! All I get out of this post is a big sucking sound!

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I have been falsely accused, in here, also and I never saw you coming to my defense. My accuser had no other aim but to tear down, demorilize. It was done with great delight, IMPO. So your claim doesn't wash with me. Do you only to come to the defense of those that you like? I think that makes more sense. No hard feelings though, Danny

Dearest Dill

There have been a few posts that I seen where people have asked you to explain your position on a matter, but really have no other idea what you are talking about. I heard that Tie and Dill got into a contest, but never had the time to further investigate it. I usually only read about 1/4 of the threads, those that peak my interest. So If you feel that I neglected you in your time of need, I do so profusely appologize!

I don't need to win this. You can have it. It's all yours darlin. Now you can kick back a bask in the afterglow

Win? Just trying to place things in the proper prospective. To some, this site is a major portion of their life. There have been several that have posted as such. But not mine. My whole point was to either put up, or shut up. And as such, I would vouch for the person I knew well enough not to need an alter ego.

As for pup, I actually liked a great number of his posts. I agreed with him more than not. But I was somewhat interested in the witch hunt he was trying to spread.

Pup's greatest.......What can I say. Welcome to the BC. So sorry you feel that I am anti pup, cant be further from the truth.

Think of it as a poker game. I just raised the pot. He can either call or fold. There is nothing personal. As I said to Dill, I agree with Pup more than I disagree.

Again, welcome. Pup will be back, I think I know him well enough to say that confidently.

d

P

pickup

Dearest Dill

There have been a few posts that I seen where people have asked you to explain your position on a matter, but really have no other idea what you are talking about. I heard that Tie and Dill got into a contest, but never had the time to further investigate it. I usually only read about 1/4 of the threads, those that peak my interest. So If you feel that I neglected you in your time of need, I do so profusely appologize!

Win? Just trying to place things in the proper prospective. To some, this site is a major portion of their life. There have been several that have posted as such. But not mine. My whole point was to either put up, or shut up. And as such, I would vouch for the person I knew well enough not to need an alter ego.

As for pup, I actually liked a great number of his posts. I agreed with him more than not. But I was somewhat interested in the witch hunt he was trying to spread.

Pup's greatest.......What can I say. Welcome to the BC. So sorry you feel that I am anti pup, cant be further from the truth.

Think of it as a poker game. I just raised the pot. He can either call or fold. There is nothing personal. As I said to Dill, I agree with Pup more than I disagree.

Again, welcome. Pup will be back, I think I know him well enough to say that confidently.

d

first of all thank you for your compliments. As for it being a poker game, you can raise the pot, I can call or raise and you can't show me your cards.
You're going to rely on an administrator to do what?
If they were to look at Pickup and Pickup's greatest fan, they would determine that their recent posts were sent respectively from New Jersey and Arizona. Yet I can tell you without a doubt , that the same one person is behind both of them. So, i.p.s addresses for determination of identity means diddley squat.

As for tieguy , I have had some p.m correspondence with him about this and we are both okay about it.

tieguy

Banned
Gee, Tie, meet you in Ft Lauderdale (Hollywood Airport), Nov 19th, arrival time 15:24.

Did you get confused? Did you mean to go to hollywood california?

Now, that pisses you off.
A person that is umemployed can travel !
Wouldn't happen in the "American Dream".

Well, I worked hard all my life, paid my unemployment taxes every paycheck.

And you're going to use this excuse to do nothing for how long?

And, by all means, if I wasn't as company and customer orientated as I was. I would have never been fired.

So you're saying you drank the beer on duty to help the company and customer? Do you think before you post this crap?

Because, I would have had misses, and taken my lunch instead.

And I advise everyone to go by the book, even in Canada when it gets dark at 4pm, so be it.
When , you take your lunch and come back, and need another half hr for windows to defrost (at minus 40), so be it.

Let UPS deal with it.
Don't get fired over it !

Looks like some parting advice. Are you leaving the site? Can I bid you a fond farewell?