Are we allowed to wear masks?

zimbomb

OSHA regulates respirators use. The simple fact is you would have a hard time sourcing them. Fit testing, proper use and now reuse would be difficult for someone with zero training. Now 100% use of disposable surgical or reusable homemade masks would be helpful. What you can do without any ppe is wash your hands and don't touch your face. A virus will not enter through your hands, but your hands are great vehicle's to your eyes, nose, mouth. Any type of work gloves can help you remember not to touch and protect your hands from repeated washing. Just don't believe gloves offer any protection or assume your hands are clean underneath.

rod

Retired 22 years
Just like if you wear shorts you have to wear official UPS socks- if you wear a mask you have to use silver bullets

quad decade guy

OSHA regulates respirators use. The simple fact is you would have a hard time sourcing them. Fit testing, proper use and now reuse would be difficult for someone with zero training. Now 100% use of disposable surgical or reusable homemade masks would be helpful. What you can do without any ppe is wash your hands and don't touch your face. A virus will not enter through your hands, but your hands are great vehicle's to your eyes, nose, mouth. Any type of work gloves can help you remember not to touch and protect your hands from repeated washing. Just don't believe gloves offer any protection or assume your hands are clean underneath.

What about open wounds? My hands always had some sort of small and sometimes

nasty nicks and scratches in pkg. Legs and arms too. In the end, our jobs at UPS

(I believe) are just too "public" and "hands on" to avoid exposure. The good news

as with just about everyone in the whole world, is you are most likely to survive.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

I wore one in the mornings when all the PCs fired up, they never opened the doors or ventilation and the place would fill with smog. I always got weird looks and sups telling me to take it off. I think it’s more of an appearance thing, if someone took a picture of it and sent it to OSHA then UPS would actually have to do something about it. We get an air quality complaint at least five times a year.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I heard supervisors arguing about this, as I guess it's technically an OSHA violation to wear them? At least for now, new OSHA regulations are being pushed to state's "soon," which hopefuly rectify this. Anyone have any other info?

It's a crime the way UPS is (not) handling all this.
You want to wear a mask for virus protection. We get it. Only thing is masks are useless once you touch it. If you move it, adjust it, etc, it is contaminated. You may also be transferring germs to yourself via the surface of the mask.

oldngray

nowhere special
mad_max.jpg

35years

Gravy route

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
It is and the idea being put forward by officials that an N95 or better respirator/mask won’t help prevent the average person from being infected is a lie. They’re only saying that because there aren’t nearly enough in circulation and the medical community needs them the most.

It was being put out as an opinion/statement rather than based on facts to persuade people for that reason. That is why they never attached "based on.." Imagine if Trump said it lol. Like I said before Sheep. Stuff you learn in school.