Are we allowed to wear masks?

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
I saw a clerk with a brown/yellow themed mask today. I asked her where she got it she said the hub manager is passing them out. So the hub gets them but ya drivers don’t get nada lol I love ups.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I saw a clerk with a brown/yellow themed mask today. I asked her where she got it she said the hub manager is passing them out. So the hub gets them but ya drivers don’t get nada lol I love ups.

For the most part, the drivers are not in an enclosed environment and if it came down to protecting one group over the other it would make more sense to protect those who are working on the inside.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
For the most part, the drivers are not in an enclosed environment and if it came down to protecting one group over the other it would make more sense to protect those who are working on the inside.
Thank you, I work inside and ups is 4 weeks behind on disinfecting. I’ve asked and pleaded with management to let us spray. They won’t let us use Lysol that has fallen out of packages cause it’s not on the MSDS list. So :censored2: what, this is dangerously irresponsible

wilberforce15

Thank you, I work inside and ups is 4 weeks behind on disinfecting. I’ve asked and pleaded with management to let us spray. They won’t let us use Lysol that has fallen out of packages cause it’s not on the MSDS list. So :censored2: what, this is dangerously irresponsible

I tried to get a personal property tag to put on my own can of lysol to bring into the hub, the same kind that people get for their phones to bring in here.

I was not allowed to get a tag to bring in my own disinfectant.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
I tried to get a personal property tag to put on my own can of lysol to bring into the hub, the same kind that people get for their phones to bring in here.

I was not allowed to get a tag to bring in my own disinfectant.
Geezus, they told us we could if we had receipts. That's a bunch of bull:poop:. That's proof that they say one thing and then turnaround and say something else. We had safety committee ask the ones wearing masks to sign a waiver

35years

Gravy route
Geezus, they told us we could if we had receipts. That's a bunch of bull:poop:. That's proof that they say one thing and then turnaround and say something else. We had safety committee ask the ones wearing masks to sign a waiver
Safety Committee members have no authority, 0, none.

Ask all you want.

"We want you to sign a waiver because you are protecting yourself"
How stupid is that?

Who is responsible for my safety?

wilberforce15

Most hubs are going to go the entire length of a global pandemic without providing a drop of disinfectant.

Anybody who ever feels sheepish or guilty about filing grievances should stop feeling that way. They do not care if we live or die, or whether we bring something to our families that makes them die.

I could make up bleach/water disinfectant bottles for our entire hub for less than the cost of a few pizzas. And yet they prevent us from even bringing in our own.

Screw them ten ways from Sunday.

RealPerson

We have had 2 positive cases in our building. They said they could not tell anyone based on HIPA laws. The County health department is to notify people. Union said UPS is providing extra wash stations and you can wash your hands as much as you want. Only One person per trailer. I have been on vacation this week, but I heard most of this is not happening. I know 2 weeks ago we had to beg for soap in the bathroom.
I can imagine the wash stations are buckets of bleach water... HAHA I will see Monday morning...

Heavy Package

Here are 2 fine upstanding UPS workers ready for the twilight shift

Ayo-and-Teo-press-photo-bb10-Courtesy-of-Ayo-and-Teo-2017-billboard-1548-1024x677.jpg