Are you allowed to Call in for any reason while on probation period ....

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Are you really sick or just tired? What's your stool look like?
f0539dee-18ba-4642-bbce-c3599962d324_1.3196566acccb55bb8cfcda10cca0b03e.jpeg

Air Recovery

It's all arbitrary.
If they like you they will let it slide.
If they don't like you they'll use it as the excuse to fire you.
This exactly. Tons of new drivers qualifying right now. All the utility drivers who had driven in season are making scratch by punching their lunch driving back and doing their inside building work on lunch. Some dude who turned down seasonal driving tried it and got DQ'd for dishonesty......

Osubrownguy

I called out once when I was in my probation period when I was starting out part time. When I was doing my 30 days for driving I called out about once a week, still qualified though

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
Are you allowed to Call in for any reason while on probation period
It really all depends on what the CC was like from the division that morning. If you're calling out on a Monday. You will not make it as a driver. Monday is always the very worst C.C's.

Whenever calling out, always check UPS share price first. If it's up 3-5% or more you can stay home sick no problemo. If UPS is down huge. U r skarewed.

This is not 100% accurate, but fairly accurate so I've heard.

However this only applies for 2 more weeks. On June 1st a female takes the reigns as top dawg at UPS for the first time ever. I don't want to sound sexist, yet, have you ever listened to Helter Skelter?

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
I called out once when I was in my probation period when I was starting out part time. When I was doing my 30 days for driving I called out about once a week, still qualified though
Why did you even apply at UPS if you didn't want to work?