Are you allowed to Call in for any reason while on probation period ....

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Derric, May 21, 2020.

1. muthatrucka

muthatrucka Active Member

I work nights...

2. rod

rod #1 on Upstates "list"

That figures---that's where all the flunkys go. :-)

3. Osubrownguy

Osubrownguy Active Member

Just because i had Lots of family/personal issues to where I needed to take days off, qualification period or not, doesn’t mean I didn’t want to work it just meant that I had more important things to deal with. And at ups , If you do your job right and bust your ass they will let attendance issues slide. They can’t afford to lose good drivers who know lots of routes

4. rod

rod #1 on Upstates "list"

Don't kid yourself---you aren't as valuable to them as you think. I hope you don't learn that the hard way.

5. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Well-Known Member

I guess you had to be there.

6. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Well-Known Member

"....more important things to deal with..."

7. Osubrownguy

Like I said I had family/personal issues during my qualification period( 3 years ago) and I wouldn’t suggest anyone to call out once a week during their 30 day packet unless it’s really needed .Don’t have much of an attendance issue now-a-days but all I’m saying is if they like ya they like ya If not they may not be as lenient and less likely to let things slide....

8. Osubrownguy

Yes, ups doesn’t come before my children.

don’t need to explain myself

9. Poop Head

Poop Head Lovin' every minute of it!

Ancient astronaut theorists say, yes.

10. Ancient Alien

Ancient Alien UPS Vacation

Outlaw Josey Wales on History tonight.

I need ALIENS!!!

Take your fingernail and scratch your arm semi-deeply. It will scab over and be healed in a week. That's not some long hair ZigZag man behind that phenomenon. That's alien intelligence.

Think about it...

11. Redtag

Redtag Part on order, ok to drive

True, but to your employer your personal issues are your problem that you should sort out while not working.

12. Big Package

Big Package Handler

Any good worker in the building gets leniency. I give my good employees more slack than the :censored2:ty ones. Life happens and it's important to me that my employees fix their personal stuff and return ASAP at max capacity.

I learned this from my boss at UPS, because it works. It's been one of the best investments I've made - I'm not wasting my time or theirs while they deal with their problems. I can make adjustments better with them not around than I can when they need special circumstances etc. I'd rather it just get out of the way.

Keep your best and brightest half functioning, and they still run circles around the lower tier employees.