Are you proud of America?

Are you proud of America?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Definitely proud of some of the things we've accomplished as a nation in the past. Currently I see it as a pretty good place to live with a lot of untapped potential.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
America is a very loose term.
Do you mean the continent's of North and South America?
Do you mean the United States of America?

Without understanding exactly what you mean, I will answer what it means to me to be a citizen of the USA, what my responsibilities are and what the USA National government means to me.

I will not address American society.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
As an American citizen:
I feel great about the freedoms and opportunities I have access to as a citizen of the USA.
It means I have at my avail the access to education and knowledge with few restrictions.
It means I have the ability to compete for food, housing, medicine at my desired level.
It means I can question elected politicians' decisions and hold them accountable via the ballot box.
I have the ability to live cooperatively with another 700 million Americans trading goods and services and living in comparative safety and without oppression.

rickyb

My responsibilities as an American citizen:
I have a responsibility to obey the laws of the USA.
I have the responsibility to assimilate into my local community's norms and customs.
sounds like conformity.

join a biker gang and a radical political group. it could open your eyes.

rickyb

ralph nader describes present day america as a highly developed third world country. relative to most other developed countries, maybe hes right. big money has turned the population into sheep. but they may be losing their hold. and i miss howard zinn. america needs a new civil rights movement for at the very least the environment that makes the connection with capitalism. this current system is so rotten. completely unsustainable. there wont even be an ``america`` in 100 years the way things are going.

Last edited:

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
So you are admitting that you are failing at your responsibilities?
65F15822-F634-4E1B-B5B6-1E63F8787802.gif