Are you proud of America?

Are you proud of America?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BrownArmy

I agree with you, but I also believe comparing America to a utopia that’s never existed outside of Rickyb and his ilk’s head is an easy way to make America fall short. We are definitely the strongest, most prosperous, innovative and charitable nation to ever exist.

America has raised the global standard of living and brought about one of the most peaceful times in human history.

Comparisons and similarities could be made with the USA and Rome at it's height.

There's no particular reason that the USA will necessarily remain in the position that it currently holds, in fact our position world-wide has been slipping for a while, and I'm not talking about Trump.

It's not enough to have the biggest military, our country is so polarized and the inequality gap is widening.

We're converging on a situation that matches Rome when it fell.

Obviously, so much is different, so it's not apples to apples.

At least we don't have lead in our water...oh, wait

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
First time for everything.
Yep

FB_IMG_1530727930752.jpg

Last edited:

El Correcto

god is dead
Comparisons and similarities could be made with the USA and Rome at it's height.

There's no particular reason that the USA will necessarily remain in the position that it currently holds, in fact our position world-wide has been slipping for a while, and I'm not talking about Trump.

It's not enough to have the biggest military, our country is so polarized and the inequality gap is widening.

We're converging on a situation that matches Rome when it fell.

Obviously, so much is different, so it's not apples to apples.

At least we don't have lead in our water...oh, wait
How? We are still a republic, Trump might be referred to as god emperor but he is a far cry from Caligula.

We are not dependent on slave labor or collecting taxes through colonization. Our unemployment is at a low, quality of life is rising.

Our military power is unmatched, mutually assured destruction keeps our enemies at bay.

I don’t know what you are comparing United States to Rome other than Rome being a comparable super power in their day.

upsgrunt

america is the only country to use a nuke which indiscriminately kills civilians.

in modern day its one of the least charitable.

Name another country who gives away more than the USA; in fact we BORROW money to give away to countries that hate us.
Least charitable my ass- we are TOO charitable. We need to cut the cord.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Obviously your white
"Diversity is our greatest strength." Yet 400 yrs of living on the same continent and Black Folks struggle with Anglo Society. This will never change. Even with Affirmative Action and Reverse racist laws that water down everything to the lowest common denominator.
What is it about 'white' that prevents 'not-white' from achieving parity? Motivation.
jhiRoxG.jpg

rickyb

What is it about 'white' that prevents 'not-white' from achieving parity? Motivation.View attachment 200396
quotes like this is why america should not be proud. native genocide. slavery. a war about slavery. give me a break. police state. mass prison population.

motivation doesnt apply even if your white. some of being successful in america is if you are born rich or not. if your not born rich, guess what, its gonna be real :censored2:ing hard to make it.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Lincolns our very best president so far according to msn survey
lincoln.gif
lincolns gang.gif
president height.gif
He abolished slavery thank God

BrownArmy

How? We are still a republic, Trump might be referred to as god emperor but he is a far cry from Caligula.

We are not dependent on slave labor or collecting taxes through colonization. Our unemployment is at a low, quality of life is rising.

Our military power is unmatched, mutually assured destruction keeps our enemies at bay.

I don’t know what you are comparing United States to Rome other than Rome being a comparable super power in their day.

...Six Parallels

Murphy sees many parallels between the Roman Empire and America in addition to the above.{4} The following are larger, more extensive, parallels.

The first parallel is perspective. It actually involves “the way Americans see America; and more to the point, the way the tiny, elite subset of Americans who live in the nation’s capital see America—and see Washington itself.”

Like the Romans, Americans tend to see themselves as more important than they are. They tend to have an exaggerated sense of their own presence in the world and its ability to act alone.

A second parallel involves military power. Although there are differences, some similarities stand out. Both Rome and America start to run short of people to sustain their militaries and began to find recruits through outside sources. This is not a good long-run solution.

A third parallel can be lumped under the term privatization. “Rome had trouble maintaining a distinction between public and private responsibilities.” America is currently in the midst of privatizing functions that used to be public tasks...

This is just a hint of a larger article, HERE.

It's fairly academic, and by that I don't mean that you can't understand it, just that it's dry and raises more questions than it answers.

Of course the USA isn't Rome, I mentioned that before.

My point was that all 'empires' or 'hegemony's' eventually fail, and there's no particular reason the US will hold it's previous and current position.

We're a younger country than most, and we've done fabulous things, but we're sliding into delinquency and irrelevancy fairly quickly.

Like technology, the curve is accelerating, and we're trying to keep up in the wrong places.

I agree with your position about the US and poverty and raising the global situation etc. etc. Capitalism, entrepreneurship, innovation, no doubt.

But others are taking that model and beating us at our own game, and we're getting beat.

Learn Mandarin...

rickyb

Name another country who gives away more than the USA; in fact we BORROW money to give away to countries that hate us.
Least charitable my ass- we are TOO charitable. We need to cut the cord.
america has the lowest spending on international development and humanitarian assistance as a percentage of GDP.

america is the biggest arms seller.

america supports israel and saudi arabia worldwide terrorism. america is the leading terror state.

MAKAVELI

"Diversity is our greatest strength." Yet 400 yrs of living on the same continent and Black Folks struggle with Anglo Society. This will never change. Even with Affirmative Action and Reverse racist laws that water down everything to the lowest common denominator.

What is it about 'white' that prevents 'not-white' from achieving parity? Motivation.View attachment 200396

Some people on here need to give Larry Elder a listen.
Some people on here need to give James Baldwin a listen.

Last edited:

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
220px-Ben_Carson_official_portrait.jpg

1280px-Neil_deGrasse_Tyson_in_June_2017_%28cropped%29.jpg

thomas-sowell-healthcare.preview.jpg

There are plenty of people of all races who will sit on their ass and feel entitled. When I think of black Americans these are the people who usually come to mind.
Unfortunately, this is not the Black Man that is held in esteem by the black man, and used as an example to emulate.
They are denigrated by their own as 'Uncle Toms' or 'Oreos'.
And I applaud these examples of American perseverance.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
[America] in modern day its one of the least charitable.
america has the lowest spending on international development and humanitarian assistance as a percentage of GDP.

america is the biggest arms seller.

america supports israel and saudi arabia worldwide terrorism. america is the leading terror state.
Yeah, personally I think we're still a little too involved globally.

1530382505724.jpg