Around the Home and Yard! (On topic only)

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
This thread is the forum for our Lawn, Garden, and Home, questions, answers and comments. Construction, hardware, tools, lawn care, and home care all are welcomed here. The Big Box store of BC, if you will. Have fun, share, and perhaps, learn something...

Wally

Spring Lawn fertilization? Do you do it?

I avoid any synthetic nitrogen in the spring.

upschuck

I can't grow grass in the front yard, sodded, seeded, and all and is fine over the summer, but doesn't last the winter. Thinking about getting a scoop of top soil because it is a bit low, and try again.

Wally

I can't grow grass in the front yard, sodded, seeded, and all and is fine over the summer, but doesn't last the winter. Thinking about getting a scoop of top soil because it is a bit low, and try again.
How much sun in the front?

oldngray

nowhere special
I need different grass in my front yard than back. The front is north side with a lot of shade and back can get burnt by sun.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I've been gardening for a few years, (more since I retired) and I learn something a little better each year usually. Gone away from chemical fertilizer and pesticide and now compost my leaves for the garden. Trying to use only heirloom, open pollinated seeds, so I can replant from last year's crop.

This spring I'm putting up a greenhouse to extend the growing season. Thinking about trying to overwinter a potted tangerine tree since it freezes pretty hard in my area.

Wally

I've been gardening for a few years, (more since I retired) and I learn something a little better each year usually. Gone away from chemical fertilizer and pesticide and now compost my leaves for the garden. Trying to use only heirloom, open pollinated seeds, so I can replant from last year's crop.

This spring I'm putting up a greenhouse to extend the growing season. Thinking about trying to overwinter a potted tangerine tree since it freezes pretty hard in my area.
I always wanted a greenhouse.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That's fine, I just have no purpose for it anymore.

Is it on the side of the house or somewhere in the middle? If it is on the side, you may have to repair/repaint the siding. If it is in the middle, have you considered taking it down to the roof line rather than removing it completely?