Article 26.5

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Rack em, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Rack em

Rack em First to worst!

According to the contract, Ups has to force all other available drivers in on a Saturday before RPCD drivers. So for example, if they put up a list of full time drivers tonight who are supposed to work tomorrow, but didn't force in all the seasonal drivers including the PVD drivers, then they aren't going by the contract. Am I interpreting that correct?

2. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

You're talking for over 60 correct?

3. Rack em

Rack em First to worst!

Yes.

4. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Depends on local . In my local a 6th punch cannot be forced . My last peak they threatened be weekly that if I didn't come in I would be terminated. I told them great I could really use the time off . They hated me .

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. 542thruNthru

Then yes you are correct. If your center has implemented the 70/8 rule they must force seasonal drivers, non seniority package car drivers, cover drivers/TCDs and 22.4s before forcing RPCDs. Then it must go in seniority order.

6. Rack em

Rack em First to worst!

So since the PVD's aren't scheduled, they can't do a damn thing if I don't show up?

7. Perhaps

8. 542thruNthru

That's a good question.

I can't answer that accurately. Is a PVD considered a seasonal driver? It's such a weird position I don't know the unions stance on it.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  9. Rack em

Rack em First to worst!

I and most people would agree that they are seasonal since they only work during the seasonal period.

They aren't allowed to work outside of the seasonal period.

10. Rack em

Rack em First to worst!

I'm sick either way. I'll let my BA handle it IF they try to discipline me for calling in sick on my scheduled day off.

11. I'm going in I'll do an old fashioned grievance

12. Rack em

Rack em First to worst!

Work at a snails pace?

13. 542thruNthru

I agree with you that they are seasonals. But are they considered drivers.

14. I will be the safest mother out there...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. Rack em

Rack em First to worst!

Well they do drive vehicles and deliver OUR work...

16. Rack em

Rack em First to worst!

More power to you brother. I just refuse to give this company my weekends because they want to suck amazons dick.

17. Grievances are filed

18. 542thruNthru

I'm on your side. I agree whole heartedly.

The other issue is. Usually you WAD and grieve later. It's a gamble is all I'm saying. That's why I always just call out.

19. Rack em

Rack em First to worst!

Oh I am for sure calling out, but to help fight the inevitable discipline for doing so, it would be good to have an answer on the pvd thing so I can say they didn't honor the contract so they couldn't force me in anyways.

20. 542thruNthru

On monday ask for the WOR or have your steward as for it. Then grieve if any forced RPCD worked when a lower "class" driver didn't.