Article 26.5

Rack em

Made the Podium
According to the contract, Ups has to force all other available drivers in on a Saturday before RPCD drivers. So for example, if they put up a list of full time drivers tonight who are supposed to work tomorrow, but didn't force in all the seasonal drivers including the PVD drivers, then they aren't going by the contract. Am I interpreting that correct?

542thruNthru

According to the contract, Ups has to force all other available drivers in on a Saturday before RPCD drivers. So for example, if they put up a list of full time drivers tonight who are supposed to work tomorrow, but didn't force in all the seasonal drivers including the PVD drivers, then they aren't going by the contract. Am I interpreting that correct?

You're talking for over 60 correct?

Indecisi0n

Depends on local . In my local a 6th punch cannot be forced . My last peak they threatened be weekly that if I didn't come in I would be terminated. I told them great I could really use the time off . They hated me .

Rack em

Made the Podium
Then yes you are correct. If your center has implemented the 70/8 rule they must force seasonal drivers, non seniority package car drivers, cover drivers/TCDs and 22.4s before forcing RPCDs. Then it must go in seniority order.
So since the PVD's aren't scheduled, they can't do a damn thing if I don't show up?

Perhaps

542thruNthru

So since the PVD's aren't scheduled, they can't do a damn thing if I don't show up?

That's a good question.

I can't answer that accurately. Is a PVD considered a seasonal driver? It's such a weird position I don't know the unions stance on it.

Last edited:

Rack em

Made the Podium
That's a good question.

I can't answer that accurately. Is a PVD considered a seasonal driver? It's such a weird position I don't don't the union stance on it.
I and most people would agree that they are seasonal since they only work during the seasonal period.

They aren't allowed to work outside of the seasonal period.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I'm on your side. I agree whole heartedly.

The other issue is. Usually you WAD and grieve later. It's a gamble is all I'm saying. That's why I always just call out.
Oh I am for sure calling out, but to help fight the inevitable discipline for doing so, it would be good to have an answer on the pvd thing so I can say they didn't honor the contract so they couldn't force me in anyways.

542thruNthru

Oh I am for sure calling out, but to help fight the inevitable discipline for doing so, it would be good to have an answer on the pvd thing so I can say they didn't honor the contract so they couldn't force me in anyways.

On monday ask for the WOR or have your steward as for it. Then grieve if any forced RPCD worked when a lower "class" driver didn't.