Article 37 9.5

izr

Option one is the most common option to file 9.5 if overworked on the same route. Option 2 says "that employees bid or assigned to cover a route for a full week but is prevented from completing that assignment due to reassignment by the employer." Management does this all time. They put a driver to do a route for 4 days and on the 5th he/she is reassigned. Are these drivers eligible to file and be on the 9.5 list.?

Attachments

• IMG_1816.PNG
    IMG_1816.PNG
    243.1 KB · Views: 341

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Option one is the most common option to file 9.5 if overworked on the same route. Option 2 says "that employees bid or assigned to cover a route for a full week but is prevented from completing that assignment due to reassignment by the employer." Management does this all time. They put a driver to do a route for 4 days and on the 5th he/she is reassigned. Are these drivers eligible to file and be on the 9.5 list.?
Yes

RolloTony Brown Town

If you went over 3 times on the route you covered for 4 days then you could file. Just make sure you have your facts straight. if you got switched off a route on a Tuesday or Wednesday, odds are that there was a knowledge crunch. If you've been over twice going into Friday and management randomly does a driver shuffle to get you on a different route then you're a shoe in to be put on the list. Especially if you've went to management and requested to have your dispatch reduced and told them matter of factly that you're going to file 9.5 and then suddenly you're on a different route.

Honestly? If you want to opt in, then opt in. Know your contract language. Tell your supervisor that you feel like you're getting too much work and sack up. Don't go cry to your steward that you're sick of the OT. Don't hold court outside the office half hour before PCM complaining to everyone. Come tell me to my face. If you tell your supervisor that you're going to file and nothing is done to help then shame on us. I will say though, be prepared. If you want work taken off of you, then as an on road I will say my focus will be shifted to you should your overallowed go up. Think of it this way: Filing 9.5 is your way of holding me accountable. If I screw up then I have to pay you triple time. Pretty costly. Most of the guys I've worked with that opt in would file for 3 days at 9.52 just to prove a point. I'm going to hold you to the same standard. Its nothing personal, just like your grievance. Its just business.

35years

Gravy route
. Tell your supervisor that you feel like you're getting too much work and sack up. Don't go cry to your steward that you're sick of the OT. .

Bad advice here. I am not surprised it comes from a sup.

Go into the office with a steward. Make sure you are put on the list with the stew present. Sups have a funny way of "forgeting" you don't want the overtime and/or putting you on the list.

35years

Gravy route
. if you got switched off a route on a Tuesday or Wednesday, odds are that there was a knowledge crunch..

Once again a distortion. If you have a sign up sheet to cover routes for a week, and you are the top seniority driver signing for that route, you can file for 9.5s... even if taken off that route because of area knowledge issues.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
If you went over 3 times on the route you covered for 4 days then you could file. Just make sure you have your facts straight. if you got switched off a route on a Tuesday or Wednesday, odds are that there was a knowledge crunch. If you've been over twice going into Friday and management randomly does a driver shuffle to get you on a different route then you're a shoe in to be put on the list. Especially if you've went to management and requested to have your dispatch reduced and told them matter of factly that you're going to file 9.5 and then suddenly you're on a different route.

Honestly? If you want to opt in, then opt in. Know your contract language. Tell your supervisor that you feel like you're getting too much work and sack up. Don't go cry to your steward that you're sick of the OT. Don't hold court outside the office half hour before PCM complaining to everyone. Come tell me to my face. If you tell your supervisor that you're going to file and nothing is done to help then shame on us. I will say though, be prepared. If you want work taken off of you, then as an on road I will say my focus will be shifted to you should your overallowed go up. Think of it this way: Filing 9.5 is your way of holding me accountable. If I screw up then I have to pay you triple time. Pretty costly. Most of the guys I've worked with that opt in would file for 3 days at 9.52 just to prove a point. I'm going to hold you to the same standard. Its nothing personal, just like your grievance. Its just business.
Ok dragon breath....

Appvol

Confused I don't have a bid route and may cover 5 different routes during the week or even run a split.When I go over 9/5 3 times I file.Made almost a $1,000.00 last year by filing.Filed once this year to get on the list and they haven't worked me over again so far.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Confused I don't have a bid route and may cover 5 different routes during the week or even run a split.When I go over 9/5 3 times I file.Made almost a $1,000.00 last year by filing.Filed once this year to get on the list and they haven't worked me over again so far.

$1K/52=$20.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Tell your supervisor that you feel like you're getting too much work and sack up. Don't go cry to your steward that you're sick of the OT. Don't hold court outside the office half hour before PCM complaining to everyone. Come tell me to my face.
fxcxhj.gif

Go back to the partner forums with you crappy advice to a union member