As a loader, having a good relationship with your driver pays off.

Teospal

So I'm cool with my drivers and try to do my best for their loads and they cover the occasional misload. It really paid off recently though. One of the guys on our belt started driving so they hired a new guy. Since I was lowest seniority, I got pushed to his old pull which was the hellish one up near the split. You know the one where the splitter calls out your packages as they come down the chute; and 2 of the 3 packages cars are brickloaded.

Anyway, they gave my old pull to the new hire so he can train on it. After a week, I stop by my old pull to talk to the driver and see how the new hire was loading. Driver was pissed since the new hire was consistently getting 5-6 misloads a day and an overall poor load quality; not to mention it screwed 2 of his 8 hour days he put in for. Bare in mind, this driver has been around for like 30 years and was the squeaky wheel. Another week of this and my belt sup tells me I'm going back to my old pull and the new hire was going to another belt to train. Turns out my driver complained so much about it, they put me back on my pull to shut him up. I thanked him for getting me out of that hell at the top of the belt.

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
image.gif

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
It's nice to have a good relationship with all people in the world and members here on the brown cafe but, ha ha ha , that ain't happening with these clowns.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
It's nice to have a good relationship with all people in the world and members here on the brown cafe but, ha ha ha , that ain't happening with these clowns.
Can't use the the C word anymore. Refer to them as "online jesters".

KOG72

I’m full of it
Bring your driver a biscuit in the morning that would make him happy and not just the wrapper they leave in the back of truck

tapatio75

I got rid of 2 loaders, the new one is doing pretty good so far

Loader #1 didnt know his 1's from his 8's. Always a mess, rear door stuff in the front, missloads andhe even had the nerve to throw away 2 of my water coolers and an under armour jacket that I cant find anymore

Loader #2 was a little bit better, but still a bunch of missloads, moving the load to a different shelf, leaving his garbage all over the place, candy wraps, bottles, ice cream cups, half eaten food and an unfinished ice cream that melted and got over some boxes and my hands

Im sure they wondered why they didnt get any tips from me and the other driver in the same situation

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I got rid of 2 loaders, the new one is doing pretty good so far

Loader #1 didnt know his 1's from his 8's. Always a mess, rear door stuff in the front, missloads andhe even had the nerve to throw away 2 of my water coolers and an under armour jacket that I cant find anymore

Loader #2 was a little bit better, but still a bunch of missloads, moving the load to a different shelf, leaving his garbage all over the place, candy wraps, bottles, ice cream cups, half eaten food and an unfinished ice cream that melted and got over some boxes and my hands

Im sure they wondered why they didnt get any tips from me and the other driver in the same situation
Not sure how it works in your building, but here it's 800-1200 (sometimes more) pcs every pull. For $10/hr, you are lucky to have someone show up.

Undertow82

In my hub, 75% of the drivers want their loads done a particular way (first stop in the back at the door), things like that. One day last week, I was trying to appease a particular driver and left a couple RDL's off until I could load them in at the end on the door since it was his first stop. FT sup comes down and asks why these boxes weren't in the car, I explained. Then got a nice piece of advise...."Put the packages where they spa, you don't work for the drivers, you work for UPS. It they have an issue about you loading their car as directed then tell them to see the director". Made my days so much easier.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In my hub, 75% of the drivers want their loads done a particular way (first stop in the back at the door), things like that. One day last week, I was trying to appease a particular driver and left a couple RDL's off until I could load them in at the end on the door since it was his first stop. FT sup comes down and asks why these boxes weren't in the car, I explained. Then got a nice piece of advise...."Put the packages where they spa, you don't work for the drivers, you work for UPS. It they have an issue about you loading their car as directed then tell them to see the director". Made my days so much easier.

That is called "custom loading" and should only be done by the more experienced loaders.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
A friend/T sup won't say that unless you are clueless at your job, or they are just having a miserable day. I'm pretty confident in that.

My job when a preloader is to load the packages where (1) it will make the drivers day easier and (2) I believe they will be best suited to STAY the remainder of the morning, without having to be moved again. "set it and forget it" The PAL is just a supplement in most cases.

Drink Craft Beer

If it's a bulk stop, going to be the drivers first stop and would be blocking the pathway to the front of the truck cause you already ran out of RDR space....then the remainder of it is staying out (under the belt if possible) and loaded last.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They're still missloads, that I want them off my board if they're not in my truck not until the end of the day when that driver decides to finally scan them in the building so they don't send him to deliver them

"On area" misloads are packages for your delivery area that are misloaded on your pkg car. They do not come out of your board.