As a part timer if I’m told to come in on my sixth day is that overtime pay?

Xpertthis

Preloader
Last year during peak was working 6 days a week (preloaded and helper) and the last shop Stewart told me that the sixth day is over time. Last week told to come in that Saturday (originally m-friend shift) under the impression of overtime but now floor supervisor saying otherwise and shop Stewart says I’m suppose to then changes his response back and forth. Anyone here got any real answers?

km3

Last year during peak was working 6 days a week (preloaded and helper) and the last shop Stewart told me that the sixth day is over time. Last week told to come in that Saturday (originally m-friend shift) under the impression of overtime but now floor supervisor saying otherwise and shop Stewart says I’m suppose to then changes his response back and forth. Anyone here got any real answers?

Depends on your supplement. In the central, where I am, the 6th day is overtime, and the 7th day is double time.

Ask your steward, with a d, to show you the contractual provision he is referring to or to give you a contract book. You can also look your contract up here: UPS Rising

JustDeliverIt

Here, as a part timer, the sixth day is ot only after 5.5 like a regular day. You must fulfill the 40 hours of straight time first so if you're only working preload your not going to be at 40 on your 6 the punch.
If you are hopping also, then the 6th punch will be all ot as long as you are with the driver at least 2.5 hours every day.
Hope this helps and didn't confuse the issue for you.