As of Today, Do You Feel the TA Will Pass or Fail?

Do you feel the TA will pass or fail?

• The TA will be voted "YES"

Votes: 43 45.3%
  • The TA will be voted "NO"

Votes: 52 54.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Catatonic

Nine Lives
i dont believe the management statistic....unless they are 400 lbs form sitting at a desk for 30 years...I do believe the union stat...especially someone here who's body gets beat down everyday...then take in consideration the stress and ON AVERAGE I do believe it.

If stress is a consideration then management would be dead in 1 year.

Joints being worn out does not shorten a person's life by 25 years.

Try again. :wink2:

It's been a couple of years but I got one of my UPS friends to look this up.
She could not look at retirees with Teamster provided pension and insurance.

It was about even ... the average years after retirement before death was 23 and 26 years as I remember ... seems like the Non-management was 26.
Some died younger but some were in their 80s and 90s.

That's why UPS wants to get out of the pension and retiree insurance business. UPSers are living longer and the cost to UPS is more of a liability with every passing year.

If drivers were dying after 5​ to 8 years into retirement, there would be no problem with pension funding. Think about it.
​Instead of being funded at 70 - 100% ... they would be over-funded at 400 - 500% according to actuarial rules.

U

uber

I suppose its all about how you handle stress. About the only stress I see doing this job on a day to day basis is getting out of the building 20 minutes later than I'm supposed to with two pages worth of air on my diad with a 30minute plus drive to get to the area where my route is. Aside from that, its not really stressful.

DS

Fenderbender
Since we have a totally different contract ,I have no dog in the race.
I predict acceptance due to the lack of votes.
I hope I'm wrong,they could do a lot better.

sigreq

I love how the topic is pass or fail and everybody's talking bout the lifespan of teamsters haha... O yeah pass

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes, gearing up for that 10am conference call and then stealing time until 4:45 when you skate out of the building to go home can be daunting.

Our center manager, who was recently relieved of his duties, would usually be at work from 7am-7pm M-friend. He would also go to the airport on Saturday mornings to make sure the air operation was all set to go and would then go to the building for a few hours. It was not uncommon for him to put in 60-70 hour weeks. Sadly, he did not have a life outside of work and his recent job loss has left with him with way too much time on his hands.

stink219

Yes, gearing up for that 10am conference call and then stealing time until 4:45 when you skate out of the building to go home can be daunting.

Our center manager, who was recently relieved of his duties, would usually be at work from 7am-7pm M-friend. He would also go to the airport on Saturday mornings to make sure the air operation was all set to go and would then go to the building for a few hours. It was not uncommon for him to put in 60-70 hour weeks. Sadly, he did not have a life outside of work and his recent job loss has left with him with way too much time on his hands.
I was just busting Hoax balls.
Why was he relieved of his duties?

Why did he get fired Dave?

Nimnim

The Nim
While my ballot will be no, and I'd prefer a better TA to vote yes on, I think the odds of it passing are in the yes category. I personally feel more voters will be short sighted and just see the immediate benefits, raises and pension increases, and for them I find it hard to argue. However for those of us who haven't achieved the lovely FT status and have made it through progression we're getting the short hand, it's still not bad but it's worse than before.

I will hold no ill regard for those that vote yes, but I do not feel this TA is in the best interest of all who will be affected by it.

U

uber

Sad that you knew his itinerary.

anonymous4

Our local was a heavy no vote last contract. Word on the street says this TA is a turd and even less people will be voting "Yes". If it fails we get to hear the cries that we just gave Fedex more volume. Our corrupted union should have presented us with a fair contract. How about UPS diagnoses itself as a greedy child who is costing itself business by insisting on concessions our poor backs can't accept. Save the guilt trip.

tumblr_mm3bxfdJvq1r7zo0ho1_400.gif

brown_trousers

I would of liked to see a lot more improvements in this TA, but bottom line, pass or fail, we will all still be in a better position than the 80% of americans out there with horrible low paying jobs, little benefits, bad working conditions, or just unemployed.

I will be grateful for the job I have, even if this TA passes!