Asking for Double Time

Meat

So lts of people where I work are on medical leave and we are very short staffed. I've been working some mornings each week. Next week I'm on vacation but will be home. They need me then, too. But I told the manager that working during my vacaton would require me getting double time. I like the guy and help a lot. But business is business. Why am I feeling guilty?

Perhaps the more pertinent question is “why am I feeling lonely?” Don’t you have any friends at work? Most of the stupid ass questions you ask could be addressed during stretch-and-flex.

AB831

Perhaps the more pertinent question is “why am I feeling lonely?” Don’t you have any friends at work? Most of the stupid ass questions you ask could be addressed during stretch-and-flex.
You seem like another happy FedEx lifer.

AB831

Meanwhile, you are this "highly educated " courier that can quit "anytime " he wants and make twice what he makes as a courier yet, you are still a courier.
When did I claim any of that? How come you didn’t quit when your wife “won the lottery?”

falcon back

As I already stated, I’m starting grad school next year. I can leave whenever I want. How am I stuck? Please explain my situation to me like you tried (and failed) to explain what state I live in.
This is where you claimed to be "highly educated" and can leave " anytime I want". Not worth my time to find where you said you were gonna double your courier salary. I already proved you wrong.

AB831

This is where you claimed to be "highly educated" and can leave " anytime I want". Not worth my time to find where you said you were gonna double your courier salary. I already proved you wrong.
You didn’t prove anything besides citing something I never said. Why don’t you answer the question about your wife winning the lottery?

It will be fine

He’s still in the “my dad can beat up your dad” stage of development, take it easy on him. It’s hard being 15 with the hormones raging and no ability to explain yourself.

falcon back

You didn’t prove anything besides citing something I never said. Why don’t you answer the question about your wife winning the lottery?
I posted what you said earlier on this same subject and you claim you never made that post. Did someone steal your identity? So you aren't highly educated and you can't leave when you want

AB831

I posted what you said earlier on this same subject and you claim you never made that post. Did someone steal your identity? So you aren't highly educated and you can't leave when you want
I’ve never claimed to be “highly educated.” I’m finishing up a bachelor’s degree and will be entering grad school afterwards. But based on your borderline illiteracy, i guess a four year degree is highly educated in contrast to you.

falcon back

I’ve never claimed to be “highly educated.” I’m finishing up a bachelor’s degree and will be entering grad school afterwards. But based on your borderline illiteracy, i guess a four year degree is highly educated in contrast to you.
I have a high school education and am just a courier you have a college degree and are just a courier. Who did better?

vantexan

Perhaps you could articulate why you don’t think I own a business and every single business interaction I have daily isn’t happening? Are the companies that sell me goods and services wrong? Is the federal government wrong? Are all the people that call me boss wrong? Are my bankers wrong? Please enlighten us all with your vast wisdom.
You're a frontman for the company to get around rules that would allow a union. You get rewarded for that and all the business entities that interact with you are only concerned about the money you bring. If you're an independent business then tell us who are all your customers who give you business outside of FedEx?

It will be fine

You're a frontman for the company to get around rules that would allow a union. You get rewarded for that and all the business entities that interact with you are only concerned about the money you bring. If you're an independent business then tell us who are all your customers who give you business outside of FedEx?
Number of customers has no bearing on the definition of a corporation. Try again, at least you made an argument. The English major can’t even put up anything beyond trolling personal attacks.