Asking for Double Time

vantexan

When it's not per policy.

LOL. The DAY OFF box is to be marked, and OT paid, when you're working a regularly scheduled day off during 5 day workweek and will be working 6 days (or a day off during a 4x10 workweek and will be working 5 days). Your belief is that payroll wouldn't give it to you if you weren't rightfully entitled to it, and that's laughable. There's a line of people a mile long who've had to pay money back to payroll because they were paid money that wasn't rightfully theirs, me included. You're lucky you didn't get caught.

Again, when pressed for a policy citation for something you think is policy, you don't have one because you don't know what you're talking about.
When more than one person here had the exact same experience working a scheduled vacation I don't think it's a matter of being caught. I got fronted $500 one time to go to some training but training was cancelled. Within a couple of weeks they wanted the $500 back. Hard to believe that got noticed but I got 40 hours of vacation pay plus about 46 hours of time and a half and no one noticed and others had the same experience.

MassWineGuy

Did it not get submitted to payroll? Aren't there audits? No red flags when a courier grosses that much in a week? Could it be possible, dare I say it, that you just aren't familiar with that policy? Would be the first time.

What's missing from your argument is that managers must sign off on time sheets. Thus, it becomes their responsibility.

vantexan

But but but but ops managers are overworked and the job is so hard and the pressure is so great and they're all liars and cons and cheats who bend and break as many rules as possible to appease their seniors/directors/VPs who don't care how many rules are broken and how many employees are screwed as long as it gets done well enough to look good on paper!!
Well I'm glad you're aware of all of that. Must be difficult for you working in all of that sleaze. I myself have had some very good mgrs but also quite a few as you described. Thanks for clarifying that for the newbies who haven't truly experienced the joy of FedEx management yet.

vantexan

What's missing from your argument is that managers must sign off on time sheets. Thus, it becomes their responsibility.
Yes, so is there a policy that allows that, or are they purposely putting their careers on the line(doing the exact same thing in multiple locations)?

MassWineGuy

As usual, I'm confused. I'm going to work two mornings this week. Of course, I getthe four straight vacation hours. Then, the next four would also be straight time because I normally work weekdays?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Ops managers work so hard to do so little and the pressure is so great to do the bare minimum and they're all liars and cons and cheats who bend and break as many rules as possible to appease their seniors/directors/VPs who don't care how many rules are broken and how many employees are screwed as long as it gets done well enough to look good on paper!!
There.

Fixed it for you.

AB831

But but but but ops managers are overworked and the job is so hard and the pressure is so great and they're all liars and cons and cheats who bend and break as many rules as possible to appease their seniors/directors/VPs who don't care how many rules are broken and how many employees are screwed as long as it gets done well enough to look good on paper!!
What’s it like to be this insecure?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Did it not get submitted to payroll? Aren't there audits? No red flags when a courier grosses that much in a week? Could it be possible, dare I say it, that you just aren't familiar with that policy? Would be the first time.
You're asking me if I'm familiar with a policy. A policy that I copied directly from the People Manual and pasted to this board.

59 Dano

When more than one person here had the exact same experience working a scheduled vacation I don't think it's a matter of being caught. I got fronted $500 one time to go to some training but training was cancelled. Within a couple of weeks they wanted the $500 back. Hard to believe that got noticed but I got 40 hours of vacation pay plus about 46 hours of time and a half and no one noticed and others had the same experience.
I don't know what one has to do with the other since one situation concerns payroll and the other doesn't.

vantexan

You are assuming competence of FedEx management and payroll systems.

And you know what they say about assume.
You may be right. Dano may be right. But different managers offering the exact same thing when they were up against it makes me think there's an exception that's allowed in extreme circumstances. Not to be used otherwise.

AB831

If you can't get a better job, you're stuck.
As I already stated, I’m starting grad school next year. I can leave whenever I want. How am I stuck? Please explain my situation to me like you tried (and failed) to explain what state I live in.

59 Dano

So several people reporting the same thing isn't proof enough? OK, whatever you say.

You mean that the policy isn't what the policy manual says it is because someone on a message board disagrees? I'm trying to follow you logic, such as it is.

59 Dano

As I already stated, I’m starting grad school next year. I can leave whenever I want. How am I stuck? Please explain my situation to me like you tried (and failed) to explain what state I live in.
"I can leave whenever I want." Sure.

vantexan

You mean that the policy isn't what the policy manual says it is because someone on a message board disagrees? I'm trying to follow you logic, such as it is.
This isn't hard. There are exceptions made in extreme situations. Policy allows that but you aren't familiar with it because you've never seen it.