Asking for irreg help, wussy or nothing wrong with it?

Dr.Brownz

Sups won't be so sympathetic when you do an over-70 and get injured. They won't "high five" you anymore or say "atta boy". You're damaged goods and if you sue they'll just say, "He had the choice to ask for help and he declined; it's all on him." Lawsuit dropped, case closed, and there you are, on the corner with a broken back.

However, if you're before your 30 WORKING days then lift everything you can, otherwise you'll be let go. But if you're before your 30 then you better be young enough to lift 149 lbs by yourself.

Also, the help isn't always so "helpful". One time I asked for help at the end of shift and the outbound FT sup "helped" by practically lifting the package with his pinky. So technically I had "help" per the contract. Typical sup behavior.

Another time I got help and the "help" intentionally let go when the sup's back was turned, so I held the 140 lber for a split second myself. Not a big deal to me, but these are things you better expect.

oh man good thing you didn't drop the package and hurt your back when the sup provided such crappy assistance.