Atheism ON TOPIC

BrownArmy

I’m asserting that in dealing with abstracts of morality, interpersonal relationships, right and wrong, then yes, a concept of the ultimate power for good may be helpful.

Troubling, scary, unfathomable? No. I don’t think so.

I can see that.

Though, I’ll disagree with the ‘concept of the ultimate power for good’ angle.

Yah, ultimately, there is an unreachable void in our basic existence.

Science only brings us so far, and the fact is some questions have no answers.

It’s just not in my nature to solve those unanswerable questions by putting unquestionable faith into a book written two thousand years ago.

I love the Rig Veda, and the Upanishads.

Both the Bible and the Koran bore me.

Buddha is my guy because all he’s saying is that your mind is crazy, but if you pay attention, you can gain a level of equanimity through introspection.

No sky god needed.

I will say, wherever and however people find peace with their own existence, whether through Christianity or Islam or Buddhism or Hinduism or 12-step programs or triathlons, whatever, if it works for you, stick with it.

RDL

Does this mean Noah had a gay white couple on his ark that he planned on them reproducing?
Precisely. It was just sheer dumb luck that one got to be savior of the masses while the other had to live a life of resentful obscurity under the moniker Maple Grove MN Driver. But now you know, the jig is up. This is also how homosexuality has persisted to this day.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
He wasn’t. Noah had another one on his ark. Next question.
What happened to the thriving Egyptian Kingdom during this alleged flood.
Lots of evidence of thriving civilizations during the time of this alleged great flood.

Also how did god prevent the T Rex from eating everything on the Ark?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Does this mean Noah had a gay white couple on his ark that he planned on them reproducing?
Read the ark narrative.
Curse of Ham.

Noah's son gets off the boat and waits like five minutes before he does gay stuff with his drunk dad.

This is where black people come from. Makes perfect sense....

RDL

What happened to the thriving Egyptian Kingdom during this alleged flood.
Lots of evidence of thriving civilizations during the time of this alleged great flood.

Also how did god prevent the T Rex from eating everything on the Ark?
King Tut grew like a whole foot, bruh. It was called The Great Hydration. It’s fabled to have been so immensely powerful that it’s why we still have giant black people walking the Earth today shooting hoops for shorter white people’s profit.

Also, gawd prevented the T-Rex from eating everything by showing him a “scared straight” introduction video of Adam and Eve’s coup to damn all of humanity. It worked, perhaps too well, because even though the T-Rex didn’t eat all, it became too gripped with fear to speak up and ask for food and eventually drove the whole dinosaur species extinct on account of its coyness.

BrownArmy

Wow they didn’t teach me that in Sunday school.

Yah, it's funny what the believers in Christ are willing to overlook.

Me?

I have no problem tithing my share of beer and boars to Thor, Son of Odinson.

(Begs the question, who is Odin's Father, if he's the Son?)

It's complicated, there are Frost Giants and Rainbow bridges and trolls.

There are horns that supply endless amounts of beer.

Thor got tricked by a giant one time...

LMFAO, these are stories, but I feel bad that the Jesus show got the most ratings throughout history, it hasn't really worked out.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I am probably your age.

I hate religion and those that are brainwashed by it.
I don't particularly care for the ones that are brainwashed by it either but I respect their right to worship as they please ... it's sort of fundamental to being American.
I don't care for organized religions much either but I treasure my relationship with my higher power.

Religions don't enter my sphere of existence much but my Higher Power is there at all times.

I assume you don't use drugs like alcohol or cannabis either since they serve the same purpose of religion?