Atheism ON TOPIC

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I’m saying homo genus is not unique for us. There have been other humans that had intelligence on relative par with ours. They function very similarly building tools and showing signs of sentience.
That puts them on par with chimpanzees and porpoises, both of which are intelligent enough to not vote Democrat.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Absent any indoctrination as a child growing up other than getting baptized(because from birth my sins needed to be washed away, apparently), I believe you can see organized religion for what it is. An ancient, archaic form of control. Tell people to follow this or they will either spend eternity in heaven, a mythical paradise floating on a cloud. Or be sent to an eternal hellfire.

It's elementary.

The bible can be entertaining though. See Ezekiel 23 20
True intelligence recognizes how little it knows and understands.
True ignorance recognizes itself in what you just posted.

El Correcto

god is dead
That puts them on par with chimpanzees and porpoises, both of which are intelligent enough to not vote Democrat.
What does this have anything to do with the well documented fact that humans have evolved, from different things and in different ways. That we are not divine, we are the last of the humans.

542thruNthru

I have no problem tithing my share of beer and boars to Thor, Son of Odinson.

(Begs the question, who is Odin's Father, if he's the Son?)

It's complicated, there are Frost Giants and Rainbow bridges and trolls.

There are horns that supply endless amounts of beer.

Thor got tricked by a giant one time...

LMFAO, these are stories, but I feel bad that the Jesus show got the most ratings throughout history, it hasn't really worked out.

Borr is the father of Odin. Odin also has 2 brothers Vili and Vé.

I one day will join my brother and sister einherjar in Valhalla and train daily to fight in the events of Ragnarök.

For only in Valhalla do the brave live forever.

newfie

I’m saying homo genus is not unique for us. There have been other humans that had intelligence on relative par with ours. They function very similarly building tools and showing signs of sentience.

yea but you're not doing much to disprove my human only but more of what we think was the same. certainly a superior intellect like ours would have used their intellect to survive to the present day.

there are a couple of negatives to the whole evolution theory

one the idea we're discussing here that evolution was unable to reproduce any other examples of a higher intellect then ours. certainly the odds would be the millions or even billions of life forms created through evolution would have created at least what? a hundred other examples of a species with a higher intellect.

the fact that no one appears to be able to create a living life form out of a lump of clay. this would be the foundation of evolution that is completely undoable and impossible

newfie

Not sure if they're smarter but judging by a Trump rally neanderthals vote republican.

clearly they were smarter then any dems when they voted for trump.

does anyone really think hillary would have had this economy cranking like the trumpster?

does anyone really think Hillary would have been beating on corporations to bring their jobs here?

does anyone really think Hillary would be renegotiating trade deals to give us a fairer shake in the world market?

badmouth his personality all you want but at some point you have to agree that :censored2: or not the guy is fighting hard to make this country better and has done a fantastic job on the economy

El Correcto

god is dead
yea but you're not doing much to disprove my human only but more of what we think was the same. certainly a superior intellect like ours would have used their intellect to survive to the present day.

one the idea we're discussing here that evolution was unable to reproduce any other examples of a higher intellect then ours. certainly the odds would be the millions or even billions of life forms created through evolution would have created at least what? a hundred other examples of a species with a higher intellect.

the fact that no one appears to be able to create a living life form out of a lump of clay. this would be the foundation of evolution that is completely undoable and impossible
Lmao

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
"Could the design that obviously now exists in man and in the human brain come from something with less or no design? Such an explanation violates the principle of causality, which states that you can't get more in the effect than you had in the cause. If there is intelligence in the effect (man), there must be intelligence in the cause. But a universe ruled by blind chance has no intelligence. Therefore there must be a cause for human intelligence that transcends the universe: a mind behind the physical universe." -Peter Kreeft

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

Ffs, were you taught elementary grade science by the Mormon church or something? Your ignorance is amazing.

newfie

"Could the design that obviously now exists in man and in the human brain come from something with less or no design? Such an explanation violates the principle of causality, which states that you can't get more in the effect than you had in the cause. If there is intelligence in the effect (man), there must be intelligence in the cause. But a universe ruled by blind chance has no intelligence. Therefore there must be a cause for human intelligence that transcends the universe: a mind behind the physical universe." -Peter Kreeft

excellent .

i've always felt that science is proving that the processes involved to create our species were much too complex to ever be a random process.

in other words i think science is proving the existence of a god / god force behind this all.

Brown Wing

Sandbagger

Because humans are intelligent, therefore there must be a creator? That's a pretty big leap. You theists perform the ultimate exercise of willful ignorance by starting at your conclusion and trying to work backwards.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
"Every being that exists either exists by itself, by its own essence or nature, or it does not exist by itself. If it exists by its own essence, then it exists necessarily and eternally, and explains itself. It cannot not exist, as a triangle cannot not have three sides. If, on the other hand, a being exists but not by its own essence, then it needs a cause, a reason outside itself for its existence. Because it does not explain itself, something else must explain it. Beings whose essence does not contain the reason for their existence, beings that need causes, are called contingent, or dependent, beings. A being whose essence is to exist is called a necessary being. The universe contains only contingent beings. God would be the only necessary being—if God existed. Does he? Does a necessary being exist? Here is the proof that it does. Dependent beings cannot cause themselves. They are dependent on their causes. If there is no independent being, then the whole chain of dependent beings is dependent on nothing and could not exist. But they do exist. Therefore there is an independent being." -Peter Kreeft

It will be fine

Humans killed their competition. It’s what we do.

It will be fine

"Every being that exists either exists by itself, by its own essence or nature, or it does not exist by itself. If it exists by its own essence, then it exists necessarily and eternally, and explains itself. It cannot not exist, as a triangle cannot not have three sides. If, on the other hand, a being exists but not by its own essence, then it needs a cause, a reason outside itself for its existence. Because it does not explain itself, something else must explain it. Beings whose essence does not contain the reason for their existence, beings that need causes, are called contingent, or dependent, beings. A being whose essence is to exist is called a necessary being. The universe contains only contingent beings. God would be the only necessary being—if God existed. Does he? Does a necessary being exist? Here is the proof that it does. Dependent beings cannot cause themselves. They are dependent on their causes. If there is no independent being, then the whole chain of dependent beings is dependent on nothing and could not exist. But they do exist. Therefore there is an independent being." -Peter Kreeft
Needs more double negatives.