Atlanta area UPS centers

Mxrider56

Good afternoon,

I am considering employment with UPS. I recently moved to Atlanta and would like to eventually become a delivery driver. I am close to 3 centers I believe; Forest Park, Atlanta and Roswell. I am just curious which center has the shortest wait time to go from P/T package handler to friend/T delivery driver. Every discussion I've read says it varies from hub to hub and could take anywhere from 90 days to 10+ years. I have a good driving record and employment history and have hopes of eventually working my way to a becoming a delivery driver. Thanks for all the help, I know this question gets asked a lot. I just wanted to try and reach out to the individuals in the Atlanta area. I assume I can't call the centers directly and ask HR this question, correct?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Good afternoon,

I am considering employment with UPS. I recently moved to Atlanta and would like to eventually become a delivery driver. I am close to 3 centers I believe; Forest Park, Atlanta and Roswell. I am just curious which center has the shortest wait time to go from P/T package handler to friend/T delivery driver. Every discussion I've read says it varies from hub to hub and could take anywhere from 90 days to 10+ years. I have a good driving record and employment history and have hopes of eventually working my way to a becoming a delivery driver. Thanks for all the help, I know this question gets asked a lot. I just wanted to try and reach out to the individuals in the Atlanta area. I assume I can't call the centers directly and ask HR this question, correct?
Traffic is so light there.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Good afternoon,

How did you know where those 3 hubs were???

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Roswell can't get enough PTers to go FT driving right now. We have PT cover drivers who refuse to take the leap, had a couple PT cover drivers disqualify themselves to go back to their main job.

Ask yourself one question before you say, "That's great for me", why do you think these employees are turning down the position?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Roswell can't get enough PTers to go FT driving right now. We have PT cover drivers who refuse to take the leap, had a couple PT cover drivers disqualify themselves to go back to their main job.

Ask yourself one question before you say, "That's great for me", why do you think these employees are turning down the position?

Millennials are pusillanimous?

Last edited by a moderator:

Catatonic

Nine Lives

If you can do it ...

Mxrider56

Why is that, poor management? Terrible routes? I feel like everyone is gunning for a FT driver position

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Why is that, poor management? Terrible routes? I feel like everyone is gunning for a FT driver position
Just come out and see the processes ups wants just to deliver a box to a door... Just the blatant over analyzing, the complicating of a basic task...it's actually sick...