Atlanta Integrad

U

Updog07

IMG_0970.JPG
Think these would be ok for Intergrad/ temp driving? Or should I get an actual pair of leather boots to play it safe?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Traffic can be heavy on I-85. You have no reason to be on it during the week. Those shoes should be fine.

optikz

I'm going to the Atlanta school and was curious as to what to expect with the road test? I know I take one here locally before leaving for school. just trying to prepare myself.

davidix

I'm a part-timer working in NC. I got selected recently for temp. driving starting in peak season. A coworker temp drove last year for which he was trained entirely at our local hub.
I, on the other hand, will have to go to driving school in Atlanta. I'm bummed bc training at our hub would have been cake. However, I hear the traffic in ATL is horrible. I'm nervous about passing bc I'm really rusty with a straight drive. If anyone has experiences/advice with regard to ATL Intergrad, please comment.
Driver training is a cake walk whe there you go out of state or do in house.

Remember the 5 and 10. Very easy to find patterns and ways to help remember. Then apply it when they test you. Just throw random crap out left and right.

For example: my eye lead time shows me a red light ahead so I'm preppering to slow down and leave my one car length distance..tell him why..count 1,2,3 clear the intersection and here we go. Smooth shifting. I see a bus ahead turning in my lane, I'll find the path of least resistance and go around him. Blah blah blah.

For the diad v training it let's you practice. They give you paperwork. Pass with 90%

Easy as hell.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Not a great pic, this is off Google Maps. The "Tiny Town" driving course is the four blue squares on the left, I-85 on top, the classroom building is on the right.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1474685269.994399.jpg

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Yeah when i go to Franklin park i laugh because the integrad lot is a joke. The package cars are also tiny like air drivers use.

U

Updog07

C
Driver training is a cake walk whe there you go out of state or do in house.

Remember the 5 and 10. Very easy to find patterns and ways to help remember. Then apply it when they test you. Just throw random crap out left and right.

For example: my eye lead time shows me a red light ahead so I'm preppering to slow down and leave my one car length distance..tell him why..count 1,2,3 clear the intersection and here we go. Smooth shifting. I see a bus ahead turning in my lane, I'll find the path of least resistance and go around him. Blah blah blah.

For the diad v training it let's you practice. They give you paperwork. Pass with 90%

Easy as hell.

U

Updog07

Good to know. I was practicing spouting out the 5 and 10 while driving down here. Wasn't very difficult. How about the pre-trip check list? Sounds like a lot to remember.

8 Hour Day

I just know that when you get done with Intergrad, you'll have no idea how to do the job... basing that on the supes and new drivers we have that have been through it. Laughable...

"Hey bro... can you show me how to clock in on this thing?"