Atlanta Schools Say No To Pledge Of Allegiance?

rickyb

I got an idea.

We abolish public schools and bring back the telemarketing jobs from India. We can have the children out bidding the foreigners with cheap child labor and doing something useful instead of refusing to pledge alliegence to the country that subsidizes the radical leftist teachers that are indoctrinating them.
capitalism outsourced those jobs

rickyb

Pledging allegiance does have sinister undertones, and undermines individuality. I'm in favor of having kids recite the first paragraph and a half of the Declaration of Independence:

"When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."
much better than the pledge

rickyb

That’s more accurate.
so your saying with no min wage, the American free market wage would still be lower than indias???

btw capitalists decide where to outsource those jobs to, not min wage. min wage is not a person

Last edited:

El Correcto

god is dead
so your saying with no min wage, the American free market wage would still be lower than indias???

btw capitalists decide where to outsource those jobs to, not min wage. min wage is not a person
I’m saying those jobs would definately be available, especially if we didn’t have silly child labor laws or had work requirements on government welfare.

rickyb

I’m saying those jobs would definately be available, especially if we didn’t have silly child labor laws or had work requirements on government welfare.
those jobs would only be here if it was cheaper to produce in us than india. even with no min wage, which is a bad idea, American labor would be more expensive

silly child labour laws?? like the ones that stop kids from having to work LOL

El Correcto

god is dead
those jobs would only be here if it was cheaper to produce in us than india. even with no min wage, which is a bad idea, American labor would be more expensive

You stop them, I say keep them.

El Correcto

god is dead

Why is it not cheaper to produce in America compared to India?

rickyb

Why is it not cheaper to produce in America compared to India?
bc workers have struggled for a higher wage. enviro regs that ppl wanted. us has a higher std of living than india and its more money to produce

Last edited: