Attendance Record Issues

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
A little off topic, but how exactly does this attendance policy work? I know guys on my line who are a few minutes late literally every single day, and have been for months or years, but never a peep from.anybody

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Here, 6 occurrences of anything afoul of attendance can get you suspended or terminated..but it's up to them to enforce it.

I saw this under job tools while I got lost looking for something else. My time sheet is a mess. It shows no call/show for a day they asked if I could come in for a shift I don't work. Then my schedule shows "late" on days when I work both AM and PM. Our freight manager consistently tells workers to come in 15 minutes early, then adjusts the time clock to the next hour. I emailed my union rep last night waiting to hear back.

There's a whole week of "called out" for a shift I don't normally work and the sup said did you call in every day.. I said I asked you specifically all those days.. this is gonna be interesting.

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
Here, 6 occurrences of anything afoul of attendance can get you suspended or terminated..but it's up to them to enforce it.

They have a hard enough time keeping people more than a few days, I can understand that they wouldn't make a stink over being a few minutes late, especially since they are "good" workers. Makes sense now

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
I saw this under job tools while I got lost looking for something else. My time sheet is a mess. It shows no call/show for a day they asked if I could come in for a shift I don't work. Then my schedule shows "late" on days when I work both AM and PM. Our freight manager consistently tells workers to come in 15 minutes early, then adjusts the time clock to the next hour. I emailed my union rep last night waiting to hear back.

There's a whole week of "called out" for a shift I don't normally work and the sup said did you call in every day.. I said I asked you specifically all those days.. this is gonna be interesting.

I would get in touch with your steward or BA sooner than later

Both are already aware.. trust me, when I saw it I was attaching screenshots to my union rep and the next morning handed a printout to my steward with a copy of the email I sent.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am going through this right now. I started taking pictures of my clock in on my Diad for the last 3 weeks and I just brought this to the business managers attention. He is researching it for me. He said I may need to file a grievance. I am not even concerned about the lost wages, its my attendance record. My Diad clock ins do not match the UPSER's website at least 2/3 days a week.

The two should match exactly.

LongIslandNewbie

If you being late a hand full of times is a "deal" your more than likely messing up somewhere else horribly
I don't think the few latnesses are a deal, however it is fair that my actual work record and time card match. Who knows 5 years from now if something comes up and they pull my attendance records i don't want it to show as having latenesses when I have never actually been late. Its the principal.

I'm so glad this job has a union.. and I'm happy to be part of it. My local has, just this year alone, helped me move from an overstaffed shift to a 30hr/week minimum shift, fixed my attendance record issues, and just cleared the air recently on a super who did something I never figured a grown man would do to a hard-working, dedicated employee.

Now I get the hours I need, no longer have a laundry list of attendance issues, and have that thing fixed. Worth every penny out of my check. Very very happy to have them listen to every word I have to say and go to bat for me. Baller!

If the supers would just stop playing high school games at the ages of 20-50, I'd be happy. But people in hell want ice water, lol. Happy with these outcomes! Love my local.