August 1st raises?...who gets what?

brownboss

Brownblood
So im wanting to know if were all getting raises on the 1st of Aug?..we are in our hub here so i assume evreyone elese is also.. but of course theres going to be many diffrerent wage increases for many different ppl....my question is does anyone here know what there getting?...according to the contract (orso im told) anyone that started before 2002 is getting a $1.20...my senority date is dec99....it seems to be the talk on the town in our hub everyones curious and askin every manager and of course there all playin dumb or r dumb one bc they say they dont know

HazMatMan

So im wanting to know if were all getting raises on the 1st of Aug?..we are in our hub here so i assume evreyone elese is also.. but of course theres going to be many diffrerent wage increases for many different ppl....my question is does anyone here know what there getting?...according to the contract (orso im told) anyone that started before 2002 is getting a $1.20...my senority date is dec99....it seems to be the talk on the town in our hub everyones curious and askin every manager and of course there all playin dumb or r dumb one bc they say they dont know

Your seniority date is Dec99 and you don't know August 1st is when you get your raise or how much you are getting???? Ask a Steward or Business Agent!!! (Or look in your contract book) The Managers are not playing dumb (this time) they probably really don't know what you are getting..

HazMatMan

I always know how much I am getting for a raise on August 1st, always figure out how much more i'll be making-
1)per hour
2)per week
3)in overtime

705red

Browncafe Steward
P-timers who reached seniority as of aug 1st in 02 will receive $1.20 and ftimers that have gone through wage progression will receive $1 an hour.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
What about part-timers hired on under current contract (raises on anniversary of seniority date not Aug 1)? My B.A. made reference to a healthy raise at contract time, but it was an aside to the conversation we were having and I didn't have time to ask her to elaborate. Anyone have any ideas what's coming for us? The current contract shows $.50 @ 1,2,3 years and $.75 @ 4 years-no mention of anything beyond that. Maybe forced retirement?:ohmy: :wink:

705red

Browncafe Steward
What about part-timers hired on under current contract (raises on anniversary of seniority date not Aug 1)? My B.A. made reference to a healthy raise at contract time, but it was an aside to the conversation we were having and I didn't have time to ask her to elaborate. Anyone have any ideas what's coming for us? The current contract shows $.50 @ 1,2,3 years and $.75 @ 4 years-no mention of anything beyond that. Maybe forced retirement?:ohmy: :wink:
Hondo, contract time wont be until next aug1. On the national level no word on money and on a local level we have not even sat down with the company yet!

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Hondo, contract time wont be until next aug1. On the national level no word on money and on a local level we have not even sat down with the company yet!
:blush:HAHAHAHA Major brain cramp!:blushing:Man oh man are the years running together! I've got a much more important issue to bring up, but I'm also curious about how seniority & wage progression will be handled because I really need to quit the building/shift I'm in now and apply to a different building/different shift. As it is now the $ I'd lose in wages would be offset by savings elsewhere. And like Steve said, I expected we'd have to wait for at least an *agreed to in principle* NMA before it's Chicago's turn.

brownboss

Brownblood
P-timers who reached seniority as of aug 1st in 02 will receive $1.20 and ftimers that have gone through wage progression will receive $1 an hour.

so $1.20...thanx 705....you answered my question unlike everyone else....go look in the contract blah blah blah...hey that contract has alot of the answers alot of us our lookin 4....we still ask questions on this site

blue efficacy

After you reach $12.25 you've completed the PT progression and are eligible for 8-1 raises. That's how it goes around here anyway. I know a guy who reached seniority right after 8-1-02, was pissed for years that he barely missed out. Then last year he got two raises because his hire date was before august 1st, got 4 year raise and august 1st raise a month or so later

Also "red line" Part timers who were hired pre-1982 do not get additional .20 only $1.00.

Is any area of the country getting a cost of livimg adjustment like we got last year?

O

Other

Is any area of the country getting a cost of livimg adjustment like we got last year?

My Vacation check for this week (which I received last week) has an additional, unexplained $0.11 raise on it. I assume this maybe a COLA rasie. I'm in the SE region, hhas anyone else seen anything similiar?

preloader

Bleeding Brown from ears
My Vacation check for this week (which I received last week) has an additional, unexplained $0.11 raise on it. I assume this maybe a COLA rasie. I'm in the SE region, hhas anyone else seen anything similiar?

Maybe your center manager has noted your incredible work ethic and decided to abide by the contract that your current pay rate was mearly a minimum and chose to give you the additional bump as one with a heart might.

or

it could be a screw up which they will be happy to fix soon enough