August Raise

stink219

@Wally union dues are calculated @ a rate of 2 1/2 times your hourly rate.....if we get a raise then the union does. I wish the same was for all members when UPS makes 8-10% each year. But noooooo we get 1% barely AND our national leaders thinks this is a good contract. :p
Math is not your strong suit.

porsheracing

So i just completed 3 years 7/15/2013 as a pre-loader Im currently at 12.00 an hr. so does anybody know with the new contracts if I will be getting an additional .70 cent raise in August plus the 1.50 for starting at 9.50? I am pretty sure Ill be getting the .70 cent raise but I have been hearing that the employees that started at 9.50 get a 1.50 additional raise as well coming this August does anybody know?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
What will really infuriate me is if they include our retroactive raise with a regular pay check, which would mean IRS will take a bigger chunk of our pay for taxes. In other words, I hope it is a separate check, especially if these negotiations drag on for months.

If you're actually worried they will take too much taxes out of your retro check, you should budget better.
​Adults know that you'll get your money back at tax time early next year.

​Personally, I'm hoping for a nice retro check late November. A nice little Xmas bonus for the effort !!

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Quick question....

Under the current contract I would have received a 50 cent raise August 7th. If the new contract is not ratified by then, will I receive that raise?
When the new contract is finalized, will I get another 70 cents, or will they just bump me up by 20 cents?

To clarify, I make $9.50. If the contract had passed I would have gone up 70 cents to $10.20 August 1st, then $10.50 August 7th because the new hire 1 year pay rate is $10.50. Since the current contract was extended, will I now go up to $10.00 August 7th? If the answer is yes, will I go up to $10.70 or $10.50 when the new contract eventually passes?

RealPerson

Quick question....

Under the current contract I would have received a 50 cent raise August 7th. If the new contract is not ratified by then, will I receive that raise?
When the new contract is finalized, will I get another 70 cents, or will they just bump me up by 20 cents?

To clarify, I make $9.50. If the contract had passed I would have gone up 70 cents to $10.20 August 1st, then $10.50 August 7th because the new hire 1 year pay rate is $10.50. Since the current contract was extended, will I now go up to $10.00 August 7th? If the answer is yes, will I go up to $10.70 or $10.50 when the new contract eventually passes?

You should be worried why you are not going up to $14-$18 which starting wage should be...

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You should be worried why you are not going up to $14-$18 which starting wage should be...

I was worried about that before the first vote, now I'm back in reality where everyone only looks out for themselves and part-timers get screwed.

I'm just curious how my raises will work out with the contract extension; I feel like it is a fairly unique situation. Getting my dependents on my healthcare at 12 months rather than 18 will save me a bundle, so the 20 cents isn't that big of a deal to me, I was just curious.

I'm a chess, not a checkers, type of guy. Yes, this wage is ridiculously low for the type of work we do, but it's only temporary for me. I would much rather have seen more guaranteed full time jobs in the contract, but that didn't happen so there's no sense in crying about it now. I'm just glad I don't have tens of thousands of dollars in student loans like all my unemployed friends.

IzzyTheNose

My guess is that since we're getting a retroactive check for that $0.70 raise, any raises we were supposed to get on the current contract, won't apply. However, this doesn't make much sense when you consider we could very likely be operating under the current contract.

If the current contract is being extended, we should be entitled to any raises designated under the contract we're operating under.

Nimnim

The Nim
My guess is that since we're getting a retroactive check for that $0.70 raise, any raises we were supposed to get on the current contract, won't apply. However, this doesn't make much sense when you consider we could very likely be operating under the current contract.

If the current contract is being extended, we should be entitled to any raises designated under the contract we're operating under.

The current contract doesn't stipulate any wage increases as of August 1st 2013 beyond those in progression. So I guess if someone has a progression date that would provide a raise after August 1st while we're still working under the current contract they'll get the raises based on their progression, the rest of us who are not in progression will get nothing til negotiations are finished. At that time we'll all receive retro pay checks and our wage will adjust accordingly.

goomoonryong

I just hit my second year at ups on july 11 and I have still not seen a raise on my check yet. I was on vacation the week of me hitting my second year. Will I those 2 raises in august?

Nimnim

The Nim
I just hit my second year at ups on july 11 and I have still not seen a raise on my check yet. I was on vacation the week of me hitting my second year. Will I those 2 raises in august?

You should have the raise you would have gotten on July 11th on the check you get this week. Since you did not work the week of the 11th the raise will be in effect for the pay week 14-20th which you'll get this week.

I'm not sure, but I think the vacation check should have included the raise as well.