August Raise

'Lord Brown's bidding'

OK partner but that theory gets blown up by the $3.90 wage bump as compared to the $5.00 benefit bump. Further gets blown up by the additionnal year of progression, which lowers dues as wages are lower.
Keep swinging, you'll hit one.
The four-year progression was in response to UPS' idea for a two-tiered wage system, which would have ultimately capped the amount dues the union can collect from a particular driver during their career. The four-year progression is better for the driver and union, based on the options provided.

Seeing as how the promise was we would not have to pay for our benefits, it is not surprising more was spent on that side to keep it thay way (or at least appear like it did). Even if our wage increases exceeded the rate of inflation drivers would have been howling if we has to pay for our healthcare.

UPSGUY72

With our leadership in charge, no need to worry! Union dues will go up even though you now pay for health care.

I don't pay and still won't. I'm already in a union run plan and it's some of the best you can get and I don't pay for anything including copays.

Ms.PacMan

I don't pay and still won't. I'm already in a union run plan and it's some of the best you can get and I don't pay for anything including copays.
Explain this please -----> I don't pay and still won't

I thought everyone was going into CS H&W - they have copays.

Nope. Anyone already in a union plan stays there. Ups has to keep 6 billion in a bank account in order for them to keep providing their own insurance. This six billion will increase yearly. It will have to just sit there. This is why they want out and they are getting out one way or the other don't bet against it.

Ms.PacMan

Nope. Anyone already in a union plan stays there. Ups has to keep 6 billion in a bank account in order for them to keep providing their own insurance. This six billion will increase yearly. It will have to just sit there. This is why they want out and they are getting out one way or the other don't bet against it.

Then I don't think there will be a problem if Central States H&W is pulled off the table. Teamster insurance is not the sticking point - it is Central States.

stink219

Not everyone is going into the CS. Only the 40% of workers in UPS plan will go. The others already have Teamster run health.

Ms.PacMan

Not sure of the exact #. I'd have to guess about 90k. Majority of them are PTers.
You have gloated for sometime how the majority passed the TA and pushed 40% of your brothers and sisters into CS H&W. Do you understand that we (UPS employees) will be the minority in a plan full of deadbeat employers like Georgia Pacific, YRCW, and Hostess. Still think you could live with future raises and pension contributions being diverted to an underfunded plan with numbers like that? Our BA spoke at a PCM and had that same, in your face, the TA passed.....gloating attitude and enraged every member in my center.

If CS H&W does not come off the table - then I'm fairly certain you can prepare for a strike.

stink219

You have gloated for sometime how the majority passed the TA and pushed 40% of your brothers and sisters into CS H&W. Do you understand that we (UPS employees) will be the minority in a plan full of deadbeat employers like Georgia Pacific, YRCW, and Hostess. Still think you could live with future raises and pension contributions being diverted to an underfunded plan with numbers like that? Our BA spoke at a PCM and had that same, in your face, the TA passed.....gloating attitude and enraged every member in my center.

If CS H&W does not come off the table - then I'm fairly certain you can prepare for a strike.
Your fear is of the unknown. I understand that. You are associating the CS pension with CS health. I'm not trying to convince you that your insurance will be better or worse, I'm only saying if people think they will just keep voting no on the supplements they need to read the bylaws a bit better. The other deadbeat employers have no bearing on your health. We have crap employers in ours too, and when hostess went under, it never effected us. Some other people have to pay a portion of premiums, UPS teamsters don't. We also get an enhanced benefit plan. Also, if you guys are unhappy with the results of the TA, instead of crucifying the Yes voters, maybe your focus should be on the PTers that didn't vote at all. Essentially it's the majority of PTers (about 80%) that will be mostly effected by the C6.

quamba 638

Your fear is of the unknown. I understand that. You are associating the CS pension with CS health. I'm not trying to convince you that your insurance will be better or worse, I'm only saying if people think they will just keep voting no on the supplements they need to read the bylaws a bit better. The other deadbeat employers have no bearing on your health. We have crap employers in ours too, and when hostess went under, it never effected us. Some other people have to pay a portion of premiums, UPS teamsters don't. We also get an enhanced benefit plan. Also, if you guys are unhappy with the results of the TA, instead of crucifying the Yes voters, maybe your focus should be on the PTers that didn't vote at all. Essentially it's the majority of PTers (about 80%) that will be mostly effected by the C6.

As far as "crucifying" the YES voters, it goes both ways. I feel it's the PT employees that are getting more crap for voting NO. I tend to only comment when I get irked by a FT voter comment towards the NO voters. Basically just defending my decision.

Imagine if all the PT employees did vote. Assuming the majority vote NO, what a mess this would be then. Obviously it would never happen the way PT get recycled through. If there was a way to find the average amount of time a PT employee worked at UPS, it would help to explain the lack of votes.

You have to belong to the Union to vote and pay dues. With a minimum wage job and no benefits many do not feel it is worth it. I don't disagree with their thinking.

i didnt vote, because frankly i didn't feel that this was a bad contract for me based on what i knew. however, i knew there were some concerns with the retirees. i didn't want to sell anyone down the river and having only been at UPS a year i felt i didn't have a great handle on the important longterm issues we were facing. if i'm still here the next time around i'm sure i will feel inclined to vote.

balland chain

i didnt vote, because frankly i didn't feel that this was a bad contract for me based on what i knew. however, i knew there were some concerns with the retirees. i didn't want to sell anyone down the river and having only been at UPS a year i felt i didn't have a great handle on the important longterm issues we were facing. if i'm still here the next time around i'm sure i will feel inclined to vote.

Well, I have been there 26 years and with this new contract, I will now have higher insurance payments when I retire, a pension that is no where near the amount other teamsters get for doing the same job, and now will be further harassed by management..

IzzyTheNose

Well, I have been there 26 years and with this new contract, I will now have higher insurance payments when I retire, a pension that is no where near the amount other teamsters get for doing the same job, and now will be further harassed by management..

Quit your whining. Would you rather we all price ourselves out of jobs? (am I doing it right?)

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
As far as. "crucifying" the YES voters, it goes both ways. I feel it's the PT employees that are getting more crap for voting NO. I tend to only comment when I get irked by a FT voter comment towards the NO voters. Basically just defending my decision.

Imagine if all the PT employees did vote. Assuming the majority vote NO, what a mess this would be then. Obviously it would never happen the way PT get recycled through. If there was a way to find the average amount of time a PT employee worked at UPS, it would help to explain the lack of votes.

You cant blame any full timer for voting. Ft,their future is thinking about insurance and retirement. If the PT actually voted. None of these comments would be here. Blame the union if you need to blame. About getting all the pt'ers to fill in two dots and shove into an envelope.

BrownBrokeDown

You cant blame any full timer for voting. Ft,their future is thinking about insurance and retirement. If the PT actually voted. None of these comments would be here. Blame the union if you need to blame. About getting all the pt'ers to fill in two dots and shove into an envelope.

and blame the union for the lack of contact with new hires in right to work states. With some it would make all the difference if a steward came by to see them and speak with them about the union.