Average clockin/clockout time every day

Around what time are you clocking out every day?

• Total voters

Tenpoint88

Hey guys, interested in seeing what everyone's average clockin and clockout time is everyday. What's your average clockin time and clockout time during the summer? One thing I'm confused about is I get to the building and there's always these 3 younger drivers always walking out to the parking lot to go home between 4:30 and 5pm everyday but then there's old guys still coming in the building at 7, 7:30pm complaining about how much the job takes away from there life and I kinda wanna ask why they are working so late and those younger guys aren't? And I've heard that back in the day start times were 7AMish instead of 9AMish. I've heard drivers talk about wishing they could start earlier to get off earlier.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Well in many situations the young guys are running... Yes physically running, and working through their lunch and breaks....I would bet my cute dog that if I got the chance to see many of our young guys in the center delivery records that they are skipping lunch and breaks or working through them....fact!!

Last edited:

WorknLateHuh

Untitled.png

You made me laugh when I read the 4pm and 5pm.

tacken

Well in many situations the young guys are running... Yes physically running, and working through their lunch and breaks....I would bet my cute dog that if I got the chance to see many of our young guys in the center delivery records that they are skipping lunch and breaks or working through them....fact!!
So you clock in when? After checking the records?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I want companies to succeed, including ups but damn they don't have to do evil to make profit....it's an uncontrollable obsession to make as much as humanly possible no matter who or what gets destroyed in the process...

Nike

Or maybe older drivers are just generally slower and more relaxed than younger drivers. I'm surprised as a company we allow drivers to stay out late. Frankly i find it hard to see address numbers and finding your way around in the dark. Especially in the country

MC0493

Usually around an 830 start and most of the time i was back in time for our air car which leaves 745. I'd say on average in the summer it was 6-7 depending on the route i did and if i had to go back out.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I'm surprised as a company we allow drivers to stay out late. Frankly i find it hard to see address numbers and finding your way around in the dark. Especially in the country
It's all about the mighty dollar but they will preach safety all day long and how the last stop is the most important. Yeah, the last stop that has a package not your home. Try not delivering it because it is dark or late and you are the biggest POS on the planet and are trying to sabotage the operation.

bddaddy

All you have to do is get on the 9.5 list. I average 8.5 hrs a day. Other drivers in my loop complain that they are doing my work. I just smile.

JL 0513

You have a 4pm option but no 9pm option? 9pm punchouts for drivers is much more common than a 4pm punchout. The only driver punching out at 4, is the one who has become violently ill or has some other emergency.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You have a 4pm option but no 9pm option? 9pm punchouts for drivers is much more common than a 4pm punchout. The only driver punching out at 4, is the one who has become violently ill or has some other emergency.
I remember way back in my runner days getting off before 4 pm once. But that was back when we started at like 8 am also.

DOK

Hey guys, interested in seeing what everyone's average clockin and clockout time is everyday. What's your average clockin time and clockout time during the summer? One thing I'm confused about is I get to the building and there's always these 3 younger drivers always walking out to the parking lot to go home between 4:30 and 5pm everyday but then there's old guys still coming in the building at 7, 7:30pm complaining about how much the job takes away from there life and I kinda wanna ask why they are working so late and those younger guys aren't? And I've heard that back in the day start times were 7AMish instead of 9AMish. I've heard drivers talk about wishing they could start earlier to get off earlier.

I find it interesting how some are so focused on getting done as early as they can, no matter what. Like that's their sole focus, getting done early.